Universal CHAOS RINGS III (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NaiveCynic, May 28, 2015.

1. Khangress

Khangress Active Member

Aug 17, 2015
    Kepler can also be used to give certain characters attacks they normally couldnt get.

2. Lessica

Lessica Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2015
    The Colosseum events are based on month so there are a couple of things you can do. You can just level up normally and get to them when they pop up or you can level up normally and adjust the date on your device to get the events. I recommend only setting the date back so you don't accidentally lose the daily gold coin login bonuses.

Gene fusion can get pretty complicated, but for story stuff, you can probably just fuse max level Rs to get SRs. Aim for 4*s if possible. I cleared the main story with two 4* SR genes and a 3*. There are a few guides floating around that are helpful for this kind of stuff (courtesy of Mattosai). Note: you can redo inherited skill selections by just going back to the gene selection screen.

3. Khangress

Khangress Active Member

Aug 17, 2015
    Oh yeah, thats a pretty big thing.
    If you want a gene to learn specific moves from its "parents" that it cant learn on its own, just go back to the gene selection and re-choose the combo. Dont worry about it now, but when working with 4* or 5*, it's pretty useful.

Another thing i forgot to mention is that if you fuse two specific 4* genes, you could get a 5* with only that combination. You should look it up (https://gamelytic.com/chaos-rings-3-complete-gene-collection-guide/).

Also, if you ever get lugh and marie, try to fuse them together for an Iseult with trade and snow tiger. amazing combo, works great when fighting a single enemy.

4. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    Thanks guys!

Few more questions - do you know what time of the day the daily reset is? I'm waiting to get my login coin bonuses but it doesn't seem to be right at midnight.

Also, what should I do with my gifts? Are any worth converting to items? Or should I convert them all to genes? And which genes are worth converting?

5. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    If you don't want to change the date to obtain everything in the Coliseum right away, I recommend having a little fun every day with it. After winning quite a bit and leveling up your genes, you'll obtain a bunch of gifts on a month's sheet, then find that there will be a lot of points left to go to get to the next one. You can keep grinding, or you can just wait for it to reset to 0 so it's easier to get a bunch of gifts again. Also, if you run out of MP fast, switch to story mode (which will refill your MP), then switch back to coliseum.

The season events have separate sheets with only like 6 gifts on them I think. Those come around for a limited time during specific months. Like now, Halloweenfest is running during the month of October. So, every time you collect a couple specific items during battle, you'll be rewarded with a Halloweenfest gift.

If you're not strong enough now to complete those sheets, you have two options: 1. Keep leveling up and get them when they come around again next year at this same time, or 2. Change the date on your device to October 2015 again once you are strong enough, and grind out all of the rewards, then close the app, change the date back to automatic, and pop back into the app to see you still have it all. It's frustrating on one hand that there are so many date-specific things, but on the other hand, it always means there's something to do for at least a year.

I'm not that great with gene combinations. It kind of overwhelms me. So, I just used the date trick, went back a year, and changed the date, reopened to receive 5oz gift, eventually collected all the month-specifc R genes, leveled them and fused them with Keplers, and now have a team of SR genes that are almost max. I wanted other ones, but haven't been patient enough to read up and figure out what I have to obtain, level up, and combine. It's deep. So, I recommend listening to the above posters regarding that!

6. ho1yski3s

ho1yski3s Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2015
    If you want to go down the "efficient" path like I did, then consider these:

1. Get these three genes from the gene box using the date trick as soon as you get access to the shop: Wagner, Kishibojin and Xuanzang. These genes are relatively easier to obtain than most late game genes and will serve you well throughout the game. If you get any Keplers keep them too. You'll want to SR these three genes as soon as you max em out.

Kishibojin is really good, I have to stress.

2. At one point youll get a R Lv30 Hitchcock for free. Max out this Hitchcock and fuse it with a Kepler to get SR. Then level it to 60 and fuse it with any Indra, keeping Floodgate and Critical First Attack. Give it Bolt Booster from Halloween. This gene might be only three stars, but its damage potential stays relevant postgame and it literally spends no mana dealing absurd amounts of damage with normal attack turn 1.

I think thats all I can offer for now. Haven't playes in a while. Also, check out the FAQ below.

7. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    Thanks! I got the Lv40 Hitchcock but I already had mine at Level 50 so I haven't used him. What's a good way to level at this point in the game? I have the Oct. rares Xuanzang and Gagarin and I'm slowly working them up to max level so I can combine with Kepler but they're still around 50.

8. ho1yski3s

Jun 10, 2015
    #1928 ho1yski3s, Oct 28, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
    The fastest way to level is definitely the Eggon trick (see the FAQ) but if you don't like that I suggest giving a gene Pheromones from City of Dreams shop and just keep exploring and opening golden chests, fighting all battles and not running away. This method is only efficient if your team is geared towards physical attacks using floodgate or low mana spells though.

A note: Xuanzang becomes rather obsolete late game because its slow and the skills that do reasonable damage eat a lot of mana. Still the damage is pretty ridiculous when you have Critical Boost in the coliseum because of Critical x2. I only ever use it during boss fights where Kishibojin cant be used.

9. Lessica

Lessica Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2015
    It's midnight in Japan so whatever that converts to in your time zone.

10. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    I updated to iOS 9 and this game don't work anymore ;-;

11. ImLegend

ImLegend Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    before loading saved file, turn on airplane mode, and turn it off after loaded

12. ImLegend

Jun 26, 2010
    #1932 ImLegend, Oct 29, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
    I have finished episode IV and the ending showed hints that I had more work to do with Drie 6 and Auz

Current Status:
    Level 138 missing Gilgamesh
    Quest Completed 238
    3016 ohnz coins
    26000 GP

Questions:
    Gene
    1) what is the best way to collect all yellow gems, by lucky box drew or open golden chest in these 3 areas?

Quests
    Had been completed most of the A & B quests, all available quests are C quests with item type and D quests
    2) there is no main "S" quests anymore? or the story is finished? what-else I can do now
    a) currently collecting S class Armor and Weapon from Battle Mode
    b) Should I do D quests? I remember they are repeatable quest, doing them seems pointless
    3) I had finished the Theia's Secret Bosses 1 & 2, how can I carry on the 3rd and 4th one?
    4) how can I activate the story with Drie 6 or/and Auz?

Do you mean one of the D rank quest which obtain the Photo the Kraken?

thanks in advance

13. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    Oh that explains it! Thanks. Do you know when Coliseum battle resets? So many points to get to the next level right now..

14. ho1yski3s

Jun 10, 2015
    1. The fastest way is to stand in front of the golden chest, open it, reset immediately if you dont get it. Or if you have coins to spare buy 10 at a time.
    2. Check the FAQ --> quest list made by me to see if you missed any. Other than battle mode and doing all quests there isnt much left.
    3. You need the Darts gift (Yellow II) to unlock Theia's Secret 3. If you havent converted the gift do so. Its a handy tool anyway.
    4. Sorry but thats it. To Be Continued.
    And yes Photo: Fester Kraken is a D rank quest, i have it all catalogued in the quest list in the FAQ, check it out

15. ImLegend

Jun 26, 2010
    Thanks for the help, will check the faq

16. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    Is there somewhere that lists what all the different skills are? I see in the FAQ a list of genes/skills they learn by level but I'd like to know what the actual skills do.

Thanks!

17. ho1yski3s

Jun 10, 2015
    I've just added comments on the "rare" skills. I'm using the in-game description in these comments and i want to keep it that way. I'll update the skill info for the genes i dont currently have at a later date.

18. Tenebr1s

Tenebr1s Active Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Utopiosphere
    quest help: a pigtapirs life

Its the onw where the pigtapir runs off to the tree... Got to the point of interest no tapir someone give me a pointer?

19. ho1yski3s

Jun 10, 2015
    Theres two quests where you find the pigtapir at the tree. One is found at the city of dreams, beside the shop. For the other case, the pointer is misleading. The pig is somewhere along the outer walkway. Check the sides.

20. Tenebr1s

Tenebr1s Active Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Utopiosphere
    Oh god bless you spent two hours in the area :/