Universal CHAOS RINGS III (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NaiveCynic, May 28, 2015.

1. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Agreed. Im 56 hours in and on chapter 3-3. Now have some genes i want to level up and get my team leveled up higher before going forward so it will be awhile

2. Meonobie

Meonobie Member

Jul 10, 2015
    #1702 Meonobie, Jul 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
    Can someone give me a reason to play again? This game is more than awesome,but it take too long to get powerful genes,and when u get powerful genes,it's too late.
    And u do not need much strong gene to beat storyline's boss

3. hunkyducky1

hunkyducky1 Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2013
    How about beat every boss with only Mass Attack

4. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I noticed it says the special event is to fight Uriel in the arena but I can't find his match. It's not in the special fights. Am i missing something or is it a bug?

5. stlredbird

May 21, 2009
    Can someone wxplain the Eggon exploit and how to do it?

6. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Thanks for the tips on how to make John Doe you guy.
    One more question, can you get more then one of every gift?

7. ho1yski3s

ho1yski3s Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2015
    See the FAQ below

8. ho1yski3s

Jun 10, 2015
    Second Run

Beating every boss with Mass Attack is possible, but just time consuming because of grinding low level mobs (eggon quest farming bores me so i'd rather run around with pheromones skill to grind)
    I started my second run of the game with Wagner/Kishibojin/Xuanzang, mass attacking my way until Drei 6, where i had to do the Angry Face+Gamma Knife+Ice Lotion+Adv Cremation to nuke him down. The problem with mass attacking is once enemy gets the advantage its hard to do decent damage. Mid game i ran Nostradamus/Rapunzel/Michelangelo floodgate+booster mass attacking which dealt with any lv60-100 easy but started to weaken approaching chapter 4, especially with many bosses which block or absorb elements. In the end i reverted to Kishibojin nuking or Lotus/Fang spamming to keep the advantage. Postgame im using Wagner/Hippolyta/Indra for mass attacking lv130 mobs and Wagner/Kishibojin/Arrhianrod for bosses. Notice these genes are all obtained with minimal effort fusing (Gilgamesh zzz)

9. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    Are there any advantages/disadvantages when using a specific character in your party? Like I switch out Elroux for Daisuke for example. Or does it not matter which characters you use in party?

10. ho1yski3s

Jun 10, 2015
    From what I gleaned:
    Leary can do the most hits (6) on normal attack and her upgraded AA ignores Phys Resistance. Also has early access to +50% Ice Weapon (Scarlet Ironside)

MC and Al can do 4 hits with specific weapons but is usually 2. MC gets the strongest dark weapon (Incarnation) while Al gets the strongest physical weapon (Alter La Traviata) which compares to +100% weapons when floodgate attacking. They also do a lot of hits with AA.

Daisuke: Not completely sure but he gets the heaviest weapon which might make him the strongest AA user but least accurate and slow for physical attacking. Gets early access to +50% Earth Weapon (One-Armed Bedivere)

Elroux: Her weapons are 1 hit or 3 hit like Daisuke. But I noticed she has slightly higher MP than anyone else, meaning she can always pull off an extra spell. She also gets the strongest light weapon in the game. AA ignores phys res.

If hunting eggons, use Leary, MC with Ripper and Al with Suzumushi for max hits.

11. kokola

kokola New Member

Jul 23, 2015
    Anyone know the total quests?

12. Gilgilad

Gilgilad Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    Arrhianrod requires 4 purple gifts (I, II, III, & IV). I read somewhere that it can only be acquired from gift fusion. I already converted my purple Aries (I) gift to an item so will it be possible for me to get another purple I gift or did I mess up and should start over if I want to do a 100% gene complete?

13. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    You can get a gift more than once, look at your maps and find out what stage Aries is on and then you can farm gold boxed or use use the ohz chests from the store.

I haven't looked at this thread in a while. It's funny seeing some f the same questions. I still have te game on my iPad. I beat it but the post game content I could never get to for some reason...

There are some really good google docs faqs and guides made a while back by the TA community: here's a link!

https://docs.google.com/document/u/1/d/1ck8oHP2Vu8jSNgGgKLGF2ZW9vaaKP2wuAu6dyrt6Ggo/pub

14. Gilgilad

Gilgilad Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    Thank you Solarclipse. I read several random pages of this thread and tried several searches but didn't find my answer in a reasonable time frame so I appreciate you helping me out since I was really sweating thinking I may have made a permanent mistake. Also, thank you for that link, that is a wealth of information!

I have to say that I haven't played a RPG in several years that I have gotten as into as Chaos Rings III trying to complete everything. I have been very impressed with Square-Enix for not going the IAP route with this game even though it looks like they almost could have.

15. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    You can get more purple I gifts from the sunflower box.

Edit: Whoops sorry. Didn't see Solarclipse's reply. Ignore my post.

16. ho1yski3s

Jun 10, 2015
    366 quests total. I just added the quest list ive been working on to the FAQ below. Spoilers alert.

17. stlredbird

May 21, 2009
    what genes can you only get from fusing gifts?

18. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    I know from the top of my head you can only get Gilgamesh by fusing special yellow gifts you get towards the end of the game. Same thing applies to Arianrhod (I think that's how you spell her name), you get her by fusing special purple gifts. Those are the only two I remember though.

19. TKA

TKA Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Okay so does anyone have a clue on what
    The Awakening is that was mentioned by Johannes and Auz before you head into Paradise?

20. nb1804

nb1804 Member

Jun 9, 2015
    #1720 nb1804, Jul 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
    You can get golden dung by giving some white chocolate to your pet pigtapir located on the 2nd floor of the apt where Patty gives you the BLT.