Universal CHAOS RINGS III (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NaiveCynic, May 28, 2015.

1. jiren19

jiren19 Member

Jul 9, 2015
    i was wondering if there is a way to reset total score in battle mode so that you can make a quick work of farming a lot of gifts in a short time and create a lot of genes since it takes a wooping 500 thousand points required to aquire an item to fill the sheets when you have already arrived at the 10 million score mark and beyond

2. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I don't know of a way to manually reset it. But I think it resets every week, right? I guess you could advance the date a week ahead. But I'd do it day-by-day to collect the coins too.

3. havenot

havenot Member

Jul 9, 2015
    Is this a good skill build?

Attached Files:

4. Spinda

Spinda Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2013
    #1624 Spinda, Jul 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
    If your entire team has Magnum Fang, Phys Boost, and at least Berserk Catalyst, yes.

5. havenot

havenot Member

Jul 9, 2015
    Do you have any suggestions with the gene? I mean is masamune a decent phys. attack gene for magnum fang and berserk? Or should i transfer it to another gene?

6. havenot

havenot Member

Jul 9, 2015
    As of now i don't have magnum fang on other genes. That's the only gene i have with magnum fang.

7. jiren19

jiren19 Member

Jul 9, 2015
    kenshin is a better gene to have it since he has emperor mode

8. havenot

havenot Member

Jul 9, 2015
    Does the attack buff of berserk catalyst stack up with emperor mode?

9. jiren19

jiren19 Member

Jul 9, 2015
    catalysts are considered as a buff already
    in the pink is a passive skill that boosts the damage output but will only work if your hp is full
    rally is a buff that can stack with emperor mode which will also double your physical attack damage for the next turn only

10. Spinda

Spinda Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2013
    #1630 Spinda, Jul 10, 2015
    Masamune is okay, all that matters is that he has Phys Boost so you don't need to waste 2 Blue Slots on Phys Boost and Magnum Fang and then waste an item for Berserk Catalyst.

What's important is that whoever starts the combo should at least have Asura Lotus (and can hit 5 times with it) Eggon Catalyst, and Tachyon Catalyst or Emperor Mode so they go first and crit. Obviously Kenshin is the best choice for this since he already has Emperor Mode, has Phys Boost and can learn Magnum Fang and something else, like Crit Boost.

You can use weaknesses to start a combo, but some bosses are Non-Elemental and can't be changed.

Also more hits = more damage in combos, so Magnum Fang, or at least Asura Lotus, is still a better choice vs hitting a weakness. Also makes building the gauge, especially if it's not in your favor, easier.

In short

3 Genes with Magnum Fang or, at least, Asura Lotus, but really Magnum Fang is just better. It deals more damage and the extra attack will boost combo damage more.
    1 of them has Tachyon Catalyst & Eggon Catalyst or Emperor Mode

300+ Attack @ Level 100, Phys Boost, Emperor Mode, or at least Berserk Mode/Catalyst is a huge plus.

11. jiren19

jiren19 Member

Jul 9, 2015
    so far among the super bosses in battle mode which drops a weapon

super aries has the earth elemental ones
    super sagitarrius has a fire elemental ones
    super volheim has an ice elemental ones
    super drei 6 has the light elemental ones

does anybody knows which super boss does drop the weapon for boosting the bolt and dark elemental spells?

12. Meonobie

Meonobie Member

Jul 10, 2015
    Need help guys

Can someone tell me how to get another berserk cactalyst skill?
    And what is treasure monster ( rare mimic ) for?
    Last question : how to fusion morrigan gene?
    Sorry for bad english it's not my languge.
    Thanks all

13. havenot

havenot Member

Jul 9, 2015
    Should i remove floodgate?

14. CptMurdock

CptMurdock Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Up to team lvl 125 or so on my 2nd play through (wanted to get all of the seals). Been focusing on maxing my team level for the past day or two. Mostly missing coliseum genes at this point but slowly getting those. I also have a few dungeon chest wheat to fill out.

Floodgate has its uses but mostly on a team built solely for mass attack as it is a wasted skill slot if you are using magnum fang or any other skills.

Morrigan is a coliseum reward I believe and cannot be fused.

Still haven't built up my perfect teams of genes yet but will be working on building specific genes after I max my team lvl. Will also be playing with magic du jour and date modifications around that time since I cannot seem to find any information on magic du jour. I also still have no idea what the lucky gene draw in the coliseum is all about...

15. Meonobie

Meonobie Member

Jul 10, 2015
    Anyone knows the monster that sometime appear when we open treasure chest?

16. ho1yski3s

ho1yski3s Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Are you sure youre not referring to auto attack? No offense but i just want to make it clear that mass attack is the option which all characters perform ONLY normal attacks. Floodgate is incredibly useful for this because it can use the 100 percent element boost from Arena S Rank Weapons, and add a +40 Weapon Mod and Element Booster skill it already outdamages Rakshasa Lotus. It also procs Critical x2 and Booster. All with no mana spent.

Ive been experimenting with Nostradamus/Rapunzel/Michelangelo which have 360 ATK stat and Phys Booster, In the Pink for Nos, Crit Booster for Rap and Crit First for Mic. The Combo makes short work of most non-physical resistant enemies. Most battles dont last over two turns with mass attack. Only problem so far is Speed vs lv101+ enemies which requires a high team level or good accessories. Thinking of resetting them and giving them Augmented spells so they also have an auto attack fallback for physical immune enemies.

17. ho1yski3s

Jun 10, 2015
    Mimics, they only appear in Lv31+ dungeons

Below Lv100 common drop Mimic Lid (LUK+20)
    rare drop Mimic Keyhole (LUK+30)

Above Lv100 common drop Mimic Keyhole
    rare drop Mimic Key (LUK+50)

In battle they might steal money with Money Collector, if killed returns about 3x the amount stolen. Scrumptious MP steals a lot of MP from one character but if killed gives the amount back to ALL characters. Perfect for MP recovery. Kill them before they Escape or you might lose the money and MP stolen.

18. CptMurdock

CptMurdock Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    #1638 CptMurdock, Jul 10, 2015
    Yup... Auto attack is what I meant in reference to flood gate. The downfall of floodgate are those physical immune enemies like you said. That and those enemies that absorb the damage and turns it in to heals (lotion them obviously). It is a great situational group for sure though. Would be cool to see if you could get attribute affection, element booster, physical booster, magic booster all on the same floodgate user haha. Not sure if it would be possible to even lock down all of that let alone get crit booster and crit x2 as well. Would be a whole lot of stacking going on though.

Once I max out my team lvl I will be creating a few different groups. I will make multiple casting groups (a magic du jour group along with a few others that specialize in casting specific elements but I do prefer to have casters able to cast at least two advanced single target elements like Kishibojin does so it will take time), 1-2 floodgate groups with different elements, a magnum fang group and I will probably make a couple different types of healers. I have not needing healing much but it is helpful with some fights.

In other news, I have trouble finding any desire to go through magma ocean (cleared it a couple of times but 100 floors is just soooo excessive).

19. Meonobie

Meonobie Member

Jul 10, 2015
    Thanks u dude:)

20. ho1yski3s

Jun 10, 2015
    If you havent got the 3 Million for Yae's donation achievement, doing a Magma Ocean run starting at lv100 is actually a great ML farming alternative to repeating eggon quest over and over. Treasures in the Magma Ocean go from 1300 to 35750 ML apiece, three times as much as any other dungeon. Feels like this was intentional for farming ML. Weapons also sell up to 11k apiece. You can check out the Treasures Section of the Item drop list I made in the FAQ.

Interesting note: Gemini's Photo actually sells for far more than the D rank quest awards so dont forget to sell every run.

Farming lv100 mobs along the way also gives you a chance for treasure drops and rare mods like Flame Orb and Frog Skin. Somebody recommend a Magma Ocean farming team :p