Universal CHAOS RINGS III (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NaiveCynic, May 28, 2015.

1. CptMurdock

CptMurdock Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    #1601 CptMurdock, Jul 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
    Magic Du Jour

Has anybody played with the magic du jour skill? I find the skill interesting since we can simply change dates. Could be a great skill for casting and getting weakness bonus against any boss by swapping out the date. I am nearing the end of my 2nd play through and have been casting with Kishibojin as it is a versatile caster but thinking about making a magic du jour group if it can do what I think it can.

Edit: I am also curious if there are any skills that it may cast which nothing else can cast.

2. Hard_Squirrel

Hard_Squirrel Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Hi, was hoping someone could give me a little info on the game.

I have just finished the main game to the point where the credits show.

I am able to continue afterwards and go to the spaceport for further quests.

Can someone let me know if these are pointless side quests like the ones in the main game or is there further story content with another ending?

After completing a couple of side quests in the main game I chose to ignore them completely as they were boring. I only really enjoy the main story content.

I would really appreciate it if someone could let me know re the quests after the credits as I don't want to waste my time on side quests.

Cheers

3. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    #1603 stlredbird, Jul 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
    Where can i get a Strelitzia (old type)?

Edit: Ha. As soon as i post this i get it.

4. SkyressKing

SkyressKing Member

Feb 9, 2009
    #1604 SkyressKing, Jul 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
    Does anyone have a list of all the monsters that drop the highest level attachments?

Mimic Key (Luck +50) - Level 130 Mimics
    Bolt Orb (Bolt Attack +40) - Level 130 Lightning Dragon in Ruined Battleship *I think*
    Deluxe Raptor Oil (Speed +50) - Level 130 Raptors in Ruined Battleship
    Glimmer Orb (Light Attack +40) - Level 130 Lord of the Deep in Castle Abyss
    Designer Sunglasses (Light Resistance +40) - Level 130 Dream Gobbler in Castle Abyss

5. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    A few questions, still new to the game.

I just got a Kepler SR 4 star from a gene box and i was all excited but it is max level and has no abilities, so what is its use?

Whats the best way to get new/good genes?

I must have missed the tutorial on exactly what fusing and combining genes do, when do i know to do either of those? Its all fairly confusing for a noob.

Thanks

6. ho1yski3s

ho1yski3s Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2015
    I've been working on a quest and monster drop list for a while now. Just reached Chapter 4 on my second playthrough today, lost my first save by accidental delete :p Here's what I have so far, about 80 percent done.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-gYaLrNIW75ZpknGmf3AY5XL4QeCpn6iVWKAFSiCtXY/edit?usp=sharing

If anyone has questions related to the game, feel free to comment or drop an email at [email protected] :D

7. NightOwl40

NightOwl40 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2009
    Combining Kepler with a gene raises it one level if the gene isn't at Max level. For Max leveled genes, it raises the rarity. Also, you can teach it skills from the various gifts you find then passed them on as inherited skill(blue slots).

Getting more and rarer genes is a matter of combining the ones you find. Go to Mariv's garden to do so. You can also feed surplus genes to others to raise their levels, sell them for ML, and store extras and maxed out ones until you want to fuse them. Also, talking to Mariv every time you get a new gene in your index raises your team level.

When fusing, you can view what results you get when combining genes, and see what skills pass on to the new or improved rarity genes. Also, if you don't like the inherited skills, you can go back to the 'choose gene' screen and start again. Recombination and fusing from gifts are the way you get new genes, in addition to the ones from item sheet completion.

Have fun :)

8. Pyrodox

Pyrodox New Member

Jul 8, 2015
    Need to revamp my genes.

I'm almost on episode 4. I'm currently using:

Wagner - critical first attack, physical booster, floodgate, advanced Electra, magnum fang, and counter.

Magnum fang is great, but without anything to boost it, I'm finding it hardly worth itscuse with its hefty mana cost.

Joan of arc - rally, provoke, light deluge, berserk negative, rakshasha lotus, and lucky seven.

This gene is my favorite, as its pretty decent on physical dps and mitigating dmg.

Calypso- magic counter, recovery 1.5, format (all), telomere revive, natural remedy, and augmented healing (all)

Great at healing and is pretty mana efficient, but severe lack of damage output.

I'm really lost on how to manage these, particularly Wagner, as in its current state is just awful. Any recommendations on what to fuse into other cards and specific skills that are musts. I know magnum fang is great, and I'd love to use it properly with better skills included. Thanks.

9. Mattosai

Mattosai Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Added the item drop list in the FAQ , btw added ho1yski3s as a FAQ editor, thanks for your hard work :)

10. Spinda

Spinda Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2013
    Phys only works well if you have an entire team focused on it (three people with Magnum Fang, or at least Asura Lotus, provided they can always do 5 attacks with it)

If you don't, Magic is far better.

11. ho1yski3s

ho1yski3s Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2015
    #1611 ho1yski3s, Jul 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
    Give Wagner Bolt Booster from the October Event/Magma Ocean. It will really improve Floodgate's effectiveness during normal attacks and power up Advanced Electra. This should preferably be a blue skill to prevent deleting one of your passives so you might want to reset the SR gene with a Kepler. Don't forget to use a Bolt-modded weapon like Tristan in Despair or Gareth of Gallantry to give your bolt attacks extra boost. Magnum Fang should really only be used to combo start during boss fights, eggons and bolt immune mobs.

Its my second playthrough right now and Ive been carrying with a team of Wagner, Kishibojin and Xuanzang. Kishibojin in particular is a great Nuker because 3 passives (Fire Booster, Magic Booster, Attribute Affection) and Concentrate + Advanced Cremation deals 90 percent high lvl boss hp given the right setup (Wagner's Magnum for the combo start, Ice Lotion, Gamma Knife, Angry Face, Mod Fire Weapon). Only weakness is enemy Immunity to Fire hehe. Xuanzang's high ATK stat gives good AA damage and also asura lotus. Problem is low speed, which i give speed mods. Haven't found a good and easily accessible alternative nuker gene other than the postgame Gilgamesh :/

12. koby521

koby521 New Member

Jul 9, 2015
    #1612 koby521, Jul 9, 2015
    Eggon Quest and Apple of the Flesh

I just wanna ask, is it possible to re-do the eggon quest? Even after i cleared it? Cuz i think i cleared and i have been shuffling quest for a day now and its still not showing. ;~; and about the apple, where can i get it other than opening treasure boxes in sunken city? Cuz it's really hard to find one lol. Btw, my team is Wagner, Calypso, Kenshin, Dark Prince, and Athena lol. Im having no problems for now but i need my genes to level and i think i cleared the eggon quest and i think there was a note that says: To avoid cheating, i think it can only be cleared once? im really not sure enlighten me lol

13. NightOwl40

NightOwl40 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2009
    #1613 NightOwl40, Jul 9, 2015
    Once per 24 hours, though if you die during the quest, you can do it again after the Game Over screen. Keep some low-level genes in stock to die on purpose ;). Deliberately quitting the quest counts as completion, so the game is set up to prevent that form of cheating. However, deliberate KOing of your team is a huge loophole in that.

I've found that if you complete it too late in the day, you have to do a lot of quests and shuffles before it reappears, but it does do so eventually.

As far as those Apples, they appear on item sheets, too, and pop up more frequently in higher level dungeons, it seems to me. Still a pain in the butt to find, though :(

14. koby521

koby521 New Member

Jul 9, 2015
    OHHHH. 2nd Day now and im still not getting the egg quest still. Does my time have to do with it? Cuz i advanced my time so i can get the Guest Genes. Does that affect the egg quest? Like it will only show if i advanced it further to the last day i advanced my time? :( And about the apple of flesh, where do i get that? Except for the treasure box on sunken city and world of tree cuz its fking hard to get from there chances are like 10-20% only ;~;.

15. koby521

koby521 New Member

Jul 9, 2015
    I agree, lol those apples are hard to find but still its worth it cuz of x3 lol. Anw, about my time? Any ideas? Still not getting it ive been grinding non stop i now have almost 100 coins because of the daily quests lol. = = I fast forward my time to july 2016 i think? If i fast forward it further to the point i get 5 coins daily, u think egg quest will show again? lol

16. koby521

koby521 New Member

Jul 9, 2015
    I see. Anw, i was doing the egg quest repeatedly by dying when 1 is remaining but i forgot that 1 was the remaining egg and killed 3. = = So it cleared, And after i cleared it, I fast forward my time to july 2016 to get the guest genes then returned my time back to the way it was and i wasnt recieving any 5 coins for the daily log-in which is ok bcz i dont really need it. My main problem is that will my change of time affect the daily quest for egg? like it wont reset until i fast forward my time to further than july 2016?

17. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    How many of u guys here completed this game more than 1.. No cheating no fast forwarding time etc

18. Lessica

Lessica Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2015
    I got like 5 Agamemnons before getting a Calypso, wow.

19. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    With the latest patch have u guys encountered crashing when using certain genes

20. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    That is correct, or at least that's what happened to me. In June, I turned my clock back and began in Jan 2015 and collected coins/genes through July 2015 AND saved there I think. When I set the clock back to normal in June, I didn't get Eggon quests until the date hit July 2015. Now I get them daily again.