Universal CHAOS RINGS III (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NaiveCynic, May 28, 2015.

1. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    I am currently in the trial.. Got the menu for options and I crank up the resolution to high.. I think graphics better now so much better!!! Lol

2. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    They weren't o n high to begin with??

3. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Mine was medium...

4. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    This game is pretty damn amazing. I can't get over how amazing the battle system is! The graphics even though the texture aren't the best on ios are really good, the enemies are really cool/badass looking, the gene system is awesome and even the fetch quests aren't boring like in other games :)

How do you raise your team level though?

5. queefinout

queefinout Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    #145 queefinout, May 30, 2015
    Last edited: May 30, 2015
    Anyone completed or know the playtime hours with main story and couple of quests? I feel very tempted to buy this game and it would be my first 20 dollar purchase!

Edit- Is this like the first one where you have to beat the game multiple times with one character?

6. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #146 L.Lawliet, May 30, 2015
    Last edited: May 30, 2015
    Probably very long.. depends on how you play your games. Do you do side quests? Are you a collector? Do you want the best gear? There's also a second Battle Coliseum mode that lets you just do fights for points, leveling up, and win rare gear. If story mode isn't enough content for ya that is. I feel like with the amount this game has, it's like a full on Vita type game that would be worth a new Vita game price.

I'm 9 hours in and only did one main quest after the Mocktopus with 2 areas unlocked. Long RPGs are great.

Glad you're enjoying it as well! Battling is really fun I have to say.

Team Level is raised later (early) in the game when you meet the person from your dreams the second time. They'll tell you. Team level increase boosts your max MP so basically that's the most useful stat next to your attack rating. And then I believe she will boost your team level after you level or collect enough genes.

Btw, what did everyone name their teams? I couldn't come up with anything too amazing with the 8 character limit.

7. queefinout

queefinout Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Nicely said. Reminds me of a vita game I actually want Freedom Wars. Haha.

8. Midknight

Midknight Member

May 30, 2014
    My game keeps crashing right before the Mocktopus boss fight during the cutscene. Anyone else experiencing this?

9. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Damn. I want that too. Unfortunately I don't own any other gaming device besides my laptop and phone. I do have a Freedom Wars shirt I got from PAX :)

10. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Nope.

My clear time ended up being
    around 30 hours or so
    , but I spent a good bit of that time on side content, then ended up playing a ton more side content after. I think I've got like
    or so hours on the clock now and there are still things to do.

11. Shaun Musgrave

Jul 8, 2013
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Yeah, seems to be happening to a lot of people who are playing on iPad, I think. I've already tugged a sleeve at SE so they at least know about the problem.

12. Midknight

Midknight Member

May 30, 2014
    Ah thanks for the heads up. I'm playing on the 4S so it might just be a universal problem.

13. Shaun Musgrave

Jul 8, 2013
    Ibaraki, Japan
    It's weird because there are at least a few of us in this thread that haven't had the problem. Technology is weird.

14. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Bought! But i have to wait til I get home before I can download this... And that's not until tomorrow :(

15. Pivi

Pivi Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2013
    Okay, I've been playing this game nonstop since yesterday, and I'm seriously loving it. I'm only over my second story mission (doing sidequests and battle arena), so I smell tons of hours to come.

First of all, I have an iPad4 non-JB iOS 7.1.2 with the native english app, and there was no crash for me with the mocktopus.

As for the graphics, I like them, but if I had to choose then I would prefer the pre-rendered backgrounds of CR1-O-2 over CR3's full 3D. The previous games gave out the necessary older-final fantasy vibe.

The battle system is great, I like the bigger party, but it took some time to accomodate to the higher difficulty. No more attack spam battles. :)

On a sidenote, what do you think, is there any hope for the PS Vita version to come out in NA and EU? I would prefer playing this game on my Vita, so I would be a first day buyer for that.

16. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Good. Making sure they don't sell out of a copy for you. I like it.

17. mid83

mid83 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2014
    Are Chaos Rings 1, Omega and 2 still worth playing? I picked up all three over the years but never played them. Figured I'd need the backstory before diving into this one.

18. terrence92

terrence92 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Iphone 6, 128 GB. Ios 8.3. Zero crashes whatsoever :)

19. Shaun Musgrave

Jul 8, 2013
    Ibaraki, Japan
    They're worth playing but at least in terms of story, it's not that important that you play them before this one.

I think that with an English translation already done for the iOS version, there's no reason not to release it. I expect we'll hear something at E3 about the Vita versions.

20. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    How would you rank all the games in the series in comparison to each other?