Universal CHAOS RINGS III (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NaiveCynic, May 28, 2015.

1. Hard_Squirrel

Hard_Squirrel Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Managed to play this for 5 and a bit hours. And, whilst the production value is high, this is a seriously lazy game in some parts.

For instance, in the second 'dungeon', when you get inside there are boxes blocking some of the corridors as they don't want you to go down there yet. Then, literally 5 minutes later, when you have to track back to those corridors, the boxes have mysteriously disappeared so you can progress. Just make a larger map for the dungeon or at least make the effort to make something happen so there is a reason these boxes have gone. I have noticed this a few times so far.

Then you have got the main character dialogue which is pointless. An example of 2 options I had was "let's go to the main deck" and "let's see what's happening on the main deck". Really, what is the point?

My other issue is the special shop. I don't mind there being a special shop like this. However, I personally don't like the fact you can access it anywhere you want. You should have to physically visit it in a town or towns, or even the space port.

2. Spinda

Spinda Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2013
    #1302 Spinda, Jun 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
    So slightly more lazy than most JRPGs?

Because most JRPGs have dialogue trees that go

Line 1: A or B
    B: Go back to line 1
    A: Go to Line 2

Or stupid stuff like finding keys to wooden doors when half the party has fire spells and the other half punch giant dragons to death

3. Mattosai

Mattosai Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    #1303 Mattosai, Jun 15, 2015
    didn't though of that to experiment fusions, thanks for the input :)

btw, as i SRed all 4 and 5 stars genes and none boosted, i'll soon post a list with all their stats @lvl 100 ( not their skills tho missed too much atm but i can use a save copy , keplers and begin a list of all SR skills for 4 and 5* i think some 3* may have some interesting skills to give too)

4. balkoth0

balkoth0 Member

Jun 11, 2015
    That Al pic on that oficial website...

5. balkoth0

balkoth0 Member

Jun 11, 2015
    #1305 balkoth0, Jun 15, 2015
    Yo, spoilers, TAG THEM

(Really, everything regarding the Auz/Dorothy family tree from the past couple of pages should be spoiler tagged.)

Also, it's mentioned that Aquinas had long black hair and was good looking.

Its not a spoiler, in the oficial website stated some info about every person, and anyone can just read in there

the info I provided about the witch is true though, and about Auz is just a guess based on his eyes closed+ his weapon of choice

6. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #1306 L.Lawliet, Jun 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
    Ahh yeah I should have listed some of the other important voice actors but I was too afraid to look on the character list for spoilers (I'm only on Chapter 2, 32 hours in). I already passed some spoilers in this thread in the past 5 minutes so I'm crazy worried of being spoiled as I'm really enjoying the story (way more than all the other CR games to be honest).

But anyhow, now that you mentioned some of the other voices, this cast blows most game voice casts out of the water. These are all-star VAs. Seriously, even big companies can't get a couple of these VAs. Though to be fair, there's not that many lines as not much is voiced. Even the MC, doesn't even talk in his own scenes (I wish he just spoke the selections you pick) except in the battle. I would say that the MC is probably the most popular male voice actor out there. He has lead character roles EVERYWHERE. And girls / guys go crazy for him. I met him and the line up to see him is many hours.

However you're still going to need connections or else these VAs won't even bat an eye at your project. The creators / producers of CR3 deserve much respect, for making a premium game that improved on nearly every aspect of their old games while still offering quality, as we can see in the VA list. You'd think if you threw all these people in they would go broke and the game would suck. That didn't happen.

7. sullen

sullen New Member

Jun 16, 2015
    Does anyone know the skills that each of the 13 hidden genes learn?

8. hunkyducky1

hunkyducky1 Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2013
    Theres no Advanced Karma or skills like that are there?

9. Plagueis

Plagueis Member

Jun 13, 2015
    Where do you guys farm Apple of the Flesh/Eternity?

10. denywinarto

denywinarto Member

Jun 14, 2015
    So... i just found my first eggon quest.. but i'm still early in the game.. no Fight Now!, no 120-130 dungeons
    Is there anyway to keep this quest and progress through the game until i get those? Will it be gone if i reshuffle it?

11. Buffy6

Buffy6 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Are there any gold boxes/chests in the last area?
    I just barely beat the child and entity and now I can't find any gold chests. They must be hidden, or other quests might have to be done. I just wanted to get the rest of the gifts for gilgamesh. I also must be really bad at the game, since it took me quite a few tries to beat the Child and Entity. And used 2 or 3 continues. The Child seemed harder to beat.

12. Lessica

Lessica Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Yes. The rooms containing the gold boxes are unlocked through a series of quests called
    Theia's Secret

13. ho1yski3s

ho1yski3s Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2015
    I was wondering if you could help me on the 2nd quest in the chain.
    Even though I activate the switches in the reverse order xxo instead of the starting order oxx, nothing happens at all. I'm beginning to think theres a bug in the quest. I remember not reading the prompt for the first one and randomly solving it. I also have bugs where the game crashes whenever i use infrared camera on the mobs in the dungeon

14. denywinarto

denywinarto Member

Jun 14, 2015
    Learned the hard way it's gone after i completed an A quest :mad:
    BTW D quests are repeatable right?
    So i guess it's not a good idea to waste seeds on D quests?

15. sorryformyenglish

Jun 9, 2015
    For Resistance and Booster Miners...

Monthly Gift Boxes (GEMS!)
    Box will open in Sp shop as soon as you find at least one gift (in Battle Mode) that belongs to the box.

(C- cyan, B- blue, R- red)

New Year’s Box
    1 Jan.
    I C Tristan in Despair- Convert to TiD gun ring. Bolt attack 50% up; dark attack 50% down
    II R Ice Resistance- You know what it does
    III R Sun Rice Cakes- Convert to Sun Rice Cakes (conversion item)
    IV C Air Placenta- Convert to AP girl’s armor: Phy Resistance 16% up, bolt Resistance 30% up; earth resistance 30% down
    VI R Shortcake- Adds +8 to a gene’s attack and +8 to its speed
    Gene: Himiko

Chocolate Box
    2 Feb.
    I B Magma Placenta- Convert to MP boy’s armor: Phy resistance 16% up, earth resis. 30% up, bolt resis. 30% down
    III R True Love Chocolate- Conversion item
    IV B Tiramisu- Adds +8 to a gene’s attack and +2 to its luck
    V C Light Resistance- Ykwid
    VI R Kay of Wile- Converts to KoW knuckles. Dark attack 50% up; fire attack 50% down
    Gene: Valentine

Marshmallow Box
    3 Mar.
    I R Mille-Feuille- Adds +8 to a gene’s defense and +2 to its attack
    II C Gawain of the Sun- Convert to GotS cross. fire attack 50% up; earth attack 50% down
    III B Dark Resistance- Ykwid
    IV C Air Placenta- Convert to AP girl’s armor: Phy Resistance 16% up, bolt resis 30% up; earth resis 30% down
    V R Doll Set Display- Conversion item
    Gene: Okita

Admissions Box
    4 Apr.
    I C Earth Resistance- Ykwid
    II C Ocean Placenta- Converts to OP adult’s armor: Phy resis 16% up, bolt resis 30% up; earth resis 30% down
    III R Galahad of Innocence- Convert to GoI katana: dark attack 50% up, ice attack 50% down
    IV C Pinocchio Nose- Conversion item
    VI B Cheesecake- Adds +8 to a gene’s defense and +2 to its speed
    Gene: Morrigan

Easter Box
    5 May
    I R Eggon Fossil- Conversion item
    II B Tart- Adds +8 to a gene’s defense and +2 to its luck
    IV R Bolt Resistance- Ykwid
    IV B Sasuke’s Sandals- All allies can evade physical. Can’t be used with magic reflect effect
    V R Merlin’s Staff- Doubles power of next magic attack of all allies
    Gene: Odin

Spring Box
    6 June
    I R June Bride- Conversion item
    II C Torte- Adds +8 to a gene’s speed and +2 to its attack
    III R Ice Booster- Ykwid
    V B Falcon Feather Raiment- Converts to AP boy’s armor: Phy Resistance 16% up, fire resis 30% up; ice resis 30% down
    VI C Mordred of Vice- Converts to MoV sword: fire attack 50% up, bolt attack 50% down
    Gene: Brunhilde

Milky Way Box
    7 July
    I C Pancake- Adds +8 to a gene’s speed and +2 to its defense.
    II B Gold Bracelet- Converts to GB girl’s armor: Phy resis 16% up, ice resis 30% up; fire resis 30% down
    III C Deserted Island Seedling- Conversion item
    IV C Fire Booster- Ykwid
    V R Scarlet Ironside- Converts to SI gun ring: ice attack 50% up, earth attack 50% down
    Gene: Columbus

Fireworks Box
    8 Aug.
    I B Dark Booster- Ykwid
    II R Spectacular Fireworks- Conversion item
    III B Cream Puff- Adds +8 to a gene’s speed and +2 to its luck.
    IV R Bedivere- Converts to one-armes bedivere knucles: earth attack 50% up, light attack 50% down
    V B Falcon Feather Raiment- Converts to FFR boy’s armor: Phy resis 16% up, fire resis 30% up; ice resis 30% down
    Gene: George

Harvest Box
    9 Sep.
    I R Baumkuchen- Adds +8 to a gene’s luck and +2 to its attack.
    II B Gold Bracelet- Converts to GB girl’s armor: Phy resis 16% up, ice resis 30% up; fire resis 30% down
    IV B Autumnal Treat- Conversion item
    V C Percival of Glory- Converts to PoG cross: light attack 50% up; ice attack 50% down
    VI C Light Booster- Ykwid
    Gene: Stephen

Halloween Box
    10 Oct.
    I C Jack-O’- Lantern- Conversion Item
    IV R Bolt Booster- Ykwid
    III B Golden Fleece- Converts to GF adult’s armor: Phy resis 16% up, ice resis 30% up; fire resis 30% down
    V R Gareth of Gallantry- Converts to GoG katana: bolt attack 50% up; light attack 50% down
    VI B Mont Blanc- Adds +8 to a gene’s luck and +2 to its defense.
    Gene: Don Quixote

Autumn Box
    11 Nov.
    II C Apple Pie- Adds +8 to a gene’s luck and +2 to its speed.
    III C Autumn Leaf Viewing- Conversion item
    VI B Selene’s Veil- All allies can reflect a single magic attack. Can’t be used with physical evasion effect
    V B Earth Booster- Ykwid
    VI C Ring of Hercules- Doubles power of next physical attack of all allies
    Gene: Vlad III

Xmas Box
    12 Dec.
    I B Magma Placenta- Converts to MP boy’s armor: Phy Resistance 16% up, earth resis 30% up; bolt resis 30% down
    III C Jelly Roll- Adds +8 to a gene’s attack and +2 to its defense.
    II B Snow Candle- Conversion item
    IV R Lancelot of Rebellion- Convert to LoR sword. Earth attack 50% up, light attack 50% down
    VI B Fire Resistance- Ykwid
    Gene: Santa Claus

16. hyuei

hyuei Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2012
    Male
    #1316 hyuei, Jun 16, 2015
    anyone knows how to get spring medal in today's seasonal event?

how could we find the gift that belong to the box to open the box? did we get it by battling, or by opening gp boxes/gene boxes/? thanks for the detailed info! :D

17. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    #1317 Solarclipse, Jun 16, 2015
    I have tut at level 40 and Shakespeare at 60, but can't make Juliet. Do the SR genes also need to be maxed or is there an error? Thanks!

Ps on a totally different note, solome also has the trade skill.

18. sorryformyenglish

Jun 9, 2015
    #1318 sorryformyenglish, Jun 16, 2015
    For all of your question- just play battle mode... random gifts drop by finishing battles this include spring medal (for todays event),also by playing this month you can get a gift that belongs to Spring Box this will open Spring Box in the Special Shop- this will enable you to purchase random gifts that belong to that box (as posted above). For the other boxes just change your month/date.

I tried doing at least 10 Battles to get the gift drop.

19. zzandreezz

zzandreezz Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    USA
    Guys how do I get theia secrets 3? I think I've beaten every postgame bosses, only the item gathering quests remains.

20. Lessica

Lessica Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2015
    I don't clearly remember what I did, but I think I accidentally hit all the switches starting with the first one you can get to (so it was oox instead of xxo), then just hit the middle one to make oxx.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Just keep reshuffling your quests. It should pop up eventually.