Universal CHAOS RINGS III (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NaiveCynic, May 28, 2015.

1. sorryformyenglish

Jun 9, 2015
    I tried Styr's Method in modding my genes and this is what i got...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

...and my favourite BUT NOT A 4* GENE

[​IMG]

Next time I'll find a way how John Doe can get stress :D

2. sorryformyenglish

Jun 9, 2015
    ...if only I've learned that before beating Child and Entity :C

3. doublezz

doublezz Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    I have completed chapter 1. And I am connecting with WIFI, but chapter 2 never startS downloading. It stays at 0%.

4. Styr

Styr Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Glad I could help! And yeah, %-based damage really helps against the Child.

5. Spinda

Spinda Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2013
    So putting Magic Block on a healer with high HP and DEF stats instead of Recovery x1.5? Why?

6. Styr

Styr Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Because Recovery x1.5 can be put on afterwards via Gift from magma ocean. Since Gifts take up non-blue slots, there's little reason to use Recovery as a blue skill.

7. Buffy6

Buffy6 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    That happened to me with one of the chapters, I think 4. Just close the app out and re-open it. Then it should work.

8. Spinda

Spinda Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2013
    Magic Block is also a passive.

So the same reasoning against Recoveryx1.5 applies against it.

9. Styr

Styr Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2015
    I never said the reasoning was because it was a passive. I said it was because Recovery can be easily found via Magma Ocean farming, and then applied to the target. And since Gifts take up non-blue slots, there is little reason to waste Recovery as one of your two blue slots.

Magic Block is not a Gift like Recovery is, so what exactly are you arguing about? Both are passives, true, but one is farmable and the other is not.

10. Spinda

Spinda Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2013
    #1270 Spinda, Jun 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
    So is there an actual list of gifts that can be acquired from Magma Ocean. Because so far all I see is that only passives can be acquired from it and that Recovery 1.5 is one of the best choices not that Magic Block can't be gotten from there.

11. Styr

Styr Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2015
    If I remember correctly, the list looks something like:

Light Boost / Resistance
    Dark Boost / Resistance
    Fire Boost / Resistance
    Ice Boost / Resistance
    Bolt Boost / Resistance
    Earth Boost / Resistance
    Recovery x1.5
    Memory Drop 3?

I'm not sure if this is the entire list, but it looks something like this. Someone posted all the options from magma ocean farming 20-30 pages ago.

I wish we had better passives and skills to choose from, I really wish we did. But since that's all we have to work with, it's best to use blue skills for things you cannot farm repeatedly like the above.

12. Spinda

Spinda Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2013
    Huh well that's a terrible list.

In any case why give a gene with high HP and DEF and an AoE healer Magic Block when you're giving it Magnum Fang. Why not just Phys Boost so when it actually joins in a physical combo both Magnum Fang and its AA get a damage boost.

13. Styr

Styr Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Well, I'm not sure about everyone else, but I mostly use Shizuka's Magnum Fang for break bar manipulation via the +40 break mod. I don't really use her as damage, just a means to an end. Normally I'll use Magnum on Shizuka during the first round or two of battle, while my DPS are buffing up. A lot of the times my Shizuka will never even have the opportunity to use Magnum once the damage starts rolling in, due to having to heal nearly every turn. Depends on the fight, though.

I agree though, the list is terrible. I wish the options for going through 100 floors of magma ocean would be better. Or at least have passives that are useful for non-Mages and healers. I remember first hearing about the magma ocean's farmable gifts, and wondering if you could get skills like Asura, Magnum or Phys/Crit boost there. And my dreams were shattered upon finding out the truth...

14. Spinda

Spinda Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2013
    #1274 Spinda, Jun 15, 2015
    Most super bosses give a bunch of leeway for healers not to have to heal every turn.

Especially if we're talking about parties where blue skills are customized to the point that Shizuka Gozen has Magnum Fang on her and Recovery 1.5x is acquired from going down 100 floors at Magma Ocean instead of just passed from Amaterasu.

15. conmeolatui

conmeolatui Member

Jun 10, 2015
    #1275 conmeolatui, Jun 15, 2015
    Faq

For the Exp multi, the multiplier is the sum of all multiplier you got
    Ex: VIP(x1.5) + Triple Eggons(x3.0) + Apple of the Flesh(x2.0) + Apple of the Eternity(x3.0) = MASS EXP MULTI(X9.5) (not 1.5x3x2x3=27)
    for 121-130 dungeons you can get around 12000 x 9.5> 110000

P/s: When buying boxes, there rarely is a glitch that you have 9999 of some genes. Sell them or fuse them right away or they will disappear the next time you log in.

16. Styr

Styr Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2015
    I've seen x13.5 multipliers before so I don't think your math is right. I'd upload pics but I'm not on the device that has my game atm.

It IS weird how some of the multipliers are additive (Eggon x3 and VIP's x1.5) but some are multiplicative like the Apples.

17. Mattosai

Mattosai Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Correct , i added it in the FAQ btw when it was posted.

18. Mattosai

Jan 11, 2010
    Prika voice is probably the most famous... Kugumiya Rie aka Shana and her Urusai Urusai Urusai ! (and plenty other roles, mainly Tsundere / young females ~~ " )

19. Mattosai

Jan 11, 2010
    #1279 Mattosai, Jun 15, 2015
    ~40000+ xp and 10000ML for one eggon battle (lvl 120, guess 130 is a lil' more) with VIP and triple eggon bonus with eggon quest trick.

Same here gave her emperor mode.

@Styr : if you have some nice theorycrafting (or completed genes) don't hesitate (same for all of you) to tell me the combinations so i can add them to the FAQ
    @Spinda, i'm pretty sure you have some cools things to share here :p (like an easy way to get a triple advanced combo team like goemon :b btw i checked, the group of 4 spellcasters (goemon, jubei etc) have exactly the same stats except speed and luck very few differences ) , i like Jubei art so much btw \o_o/

Sorry for multiple replies btw ~~" just got home.

20. Styr

Styr Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2015
    #1280 Styr, Jun 15, 2015
    Yea I'm in the process of trying to figure out the best way - if any - of trying to breed the right skills onto the right genes.

It seems like it is fairly easy to access some genes via recombination, like Jack, Kenshin and Masamune, but some others seem very difficult, if not impossible.

Since there aren't many Gift passives you can easily farm, one must try to find a gene that fulfills two variables:

1) Does this gene have something you want to pass onto another gene? (Phys boost, Magnum, Magic Block, Magic Boost, Attribute Affection, Unstoppable, Emperor Mode, etc are common choices)

2) Can this gene be recombined into the gene you want in a relatively easy manner? For example, getting Magnum Fang or Emperor Mode on Ikkyu or Shizuka is fairly easy since the genes tha have these skills can recombine into one of the 'parts' needed to craft her.

Right now I am trying to figure out a way to breed Magic Boost and either Attribute Affection, Emperor Mode or Concentrate onto a caster that lacks these skills, like Juliet or John Doe.

I'm sure there are genes that possess these combinations of skills and can be recombined upwards but it can be incredibly frustrating having to constantly level up and evolve different units on the slight chance of them having the specific combo of skills you want AND can be recombined into the gene you want.

I really, really wish we could farm more Gifts besides those basic Element Y Boost skills and Recovery. Here's to hoping SE buffs Magma Ocean in the future..