Universal CHAOS RINGS III (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NaiveCynic, May 28, 2015.

1. Plagueis

Plagueis Member

Jun 13, 2015
    #1201 Plagueis, Jun 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2015

Thanks for quick reply.

Can't figure how to make John Doe get Emperor Mode and Unstoppable. I used Jack the Ripper from Gift Fusion and Tsukuyomi from Gift Fusion as well.

Would it have been better if I did recombination using Athena SR with Emperor Mode to make Jack the Ripper? Then again, I've read a lot of times that you can't pass blue skills. Hellp. XD

Also trying to get Shizuka Gozen Magic Block and Diurnal Blessings blue skill. Saw someone with this on this thread. QQ

EDIT:

Figured Shizuka part. She can get those 2 from Ikkyu and Amaterasu.

2. Styr

Styr Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2015
    #1202 Styr, Jun 14, 2015
    Blue skills can be passed on! No need to worry about this, I've done it several times myself.

Jack is fairly easy to create, unlike Tsukuyomi. I suggest fusing gifts to create Tsukuyomi while you use recombination to make Jack.

Iirc, you can combine Wagner and Rapunzel to create Jack with Magnum Fang and Physical Boost. If you want Emperor Mode though, I think you can combine Athena and someone else to create Jack w/Emperor Mode.

As for Shizuka, I wouldn't bother with Diurnal Blessings, it's not worth it. I know the pic you are taking about and the person who posted it agreed that Diurnalcisnt really worth it. I suggest this lineup:
    [​IMG]
    It requires Wagner and someone else (Wright or CaoCao I belive) to create Ikkyu that has Magnum Fang. Since Ikkyu has Magic Block, the only thing that matters is giving Magnum to Ikkyu.

From there, you can pass on Magnum and Magic Block to Shizuka.

I originally gave my Shizuka Magic Block and Recovery x1.5 but later wished she had a good way of single target damage, and that Recovery is available later from magma ocean farming. That's where Magnum Fang comes in. It isn't very strong due to no Phys Boost, but it's mainly there so I can help swing the break bar with my healer.

3. Styr

Styr Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2015
    #1203 Styr, Jun 14, 2015
    Here's my Shizuka Gozen now:
    [​IMG]

All I need is Recovery x1.5 to replace Mental Wall and I'll be set.

And my John Doe that I am considering replacing Asura and Moonlight with Berserk Catalyst and Tachyon Catalyst for a buffed up super-soldier:
    [​IMG]

4. Plagueis

Plagueis Member

Jun 13, 2015
    Thanks! I'm gonna try that setup. So much work to do o.o

5. Styr

Styr Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2015
    #1205 Styr, Jun 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
    Theorycraft time.

Ok, let's say I want to make my John Doe a kickass Dark caster, and forsake his physical ability.

He already has Dark boost, but he lacks Magic Boost and Attribute Affection for more passive damage. He also lacks Concentrate and Emperor Mode, but these last two are better for bosses you want to one-shot, and normally takes two turns of setup.

What should I add as innate skills, and what, if anything, should be given to him via Gifts?

Ice Boost is a possibility if you are already going full caster, by ditching Crit or Asura. It would buff the AoE Zero and synergize with any other passives you add.

But what of the two innate skills? Do you go for Emp Mode and Concdntrate for big burst, or do you go for Magic Boost and AttAff for more more damage without the setup? Maybe a mixture of both? Magic Boost and Emp/AttAff?

I suppose one could also use Berserk Catalyst if they do not plan on using Emp Mode, in one of the physical slots like Crit or Asura, or even Moonlight. Is Berserk Catalyst even worth it on JD? It seems like Gilgamesh would be the ultimate benefactor of Berserk a catalyst, given his enormous Attack it would be a urge buff for him.

Edit: any ideas on easy to acquire genes that have Magic Boost and AttAff/Emp/Concentrate for recombination into more Advanced genes?

What does everyone else think?

6. Plagueis

Plagueis Member

Jun 13, 2015
    Oh, main character better as healer? Or any other reason why he uses Shizuka?

7. Styr

Styr Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2015
    #1207 Styr, Jun 15, 2015
    The key when combining genes and trying to select two specific genes is patience.

You will need it, trust me. Sometimes I've spent 30, 40 minutes resetting the recombination trying to get two specific skills.

This gets harder are harder to do the more you work with high level R and SR genes, since they have more skills to choose from.

No real reason. When I used Calypso I had Leary as my healer, but now that I have Leary using Magnum I prefer to have MC be a tanky healer, with Elroux and Leary being DPS. A couple days ago I was using Shizuka on Leary and Kojiro on MC as a 'tank' but to be honest, tanks are hardly needed in this game.

If I don't need healing I'll typically swap Mc to Iseult or Juliet, though truthfully I screwed up my Juliet. Need to redo her. Iseult is one of my fav units, his Snow Tiger skill is great for starting physical combos since it always crits. And Trade is also a fun skill; it can synergize with Snow Tiger to give poison to enemies normally immune (bosses) or it can steal buffs from enemies. Poison does 10% max Hp damage per turn, so vs high Hp bosses this works well.

Kojiro works somewhat well on Leary if you are at a major disadvantage in terms of the break bar. His Magnum Fang skill,combined with his Renascence passive, means Leary and a high-hit weapon will cause the break bar to swing from one end to another. Can be very useful at times, but is situational.

8. conmeolatui

conmeolatui Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Is there any combination for komming ??? I tried so hard just to pass magnum fang and berserk castalisk on em

9. Spinda

Spinda Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2013
    #1209 Spinda, Jun 15, 2015
    Using the main as the healer in a physical party is wasting him having the strongest AA.

In a spellcasting party, depending on the element of choice having the main heal can be wasting how he has the strongest Dark weapon.

10. Styr

Styr Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2015
    #1210 Styr, Jun 15, 2015
    I don't think so.

There IS another way to pass blue skills on, but it requires that the skill be a Gift. Used on a Kepler, and then recombined with the gene you want to inherit the skill.

This means you can pass on Berserk Catalyst. Once. I believe Rakshasha Lotus is the best weapon skill available via Gifts, from one of the later item sheets. It's one of the yellow items.

Well, it's not like he doesn't Attack at all, he still does. I just prefer the girls' AAs is all. I only have him as Shizuka for bosses that need a healer, which isn't all too often.

Edit: I wouldn't use Shizuka on Mc if I was using spell casters.

I am interested in spell casters now, and think when I do another play through I'll focus on them heavily.

Read my last post on the last page, I am curious about how to maximize spell damage on casters like Juliet or Cleopatra, specifically the best passives or buffs to inherit.

11. Spinda

Spinda Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2013
    The question was if he's better as a healer. He isn't, mainly because every time he's healing is a turn his AA not being one of the possible results of a combo.

12. Ctown20

Ctown20 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    About Alexander

So what skill does he learn while lvling up?

13. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Does anyone know how to pick up the chest? That's the starting point of ruined battleship

Attached Files:

14. Ctown20

Jun 5, 2015
    Teleportation Errors

15. Spinda

Spinda Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2013
    Also why are people relying on Renaissance to get back the break gauge with Leary? AFAIK it doesn't work with skills.

So you're gambling everything on 3 or 6 hits as opposed to 18 or 36 hits (or 15/30 for Asura Lotus) which is sure to swing the gauge back in your favor. With a Break Gauge mod, 36 hits will definitely not just put it back in your favor but max the gauge even if it started off maxed in the enemy's favor.

Plus you deal more damage.

16. LoLzM

LoLzM Member

May 31, 2015
  17. Styr

Styr Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2015
    I thought Kepler was Darwin, just mistranslated or whatever. I know they say "Darwin is the only gene available solely in the gene box" and afaik only Kepler is available strictly in the gene box.

I could be wrong, but I hope it's a sign of future content.

18. Ctown20

Jun 5, 2015
    It's not unlikely. Darwin - The Legendary Lost/Missing Gene?!

19. Styr

Styr Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2015
    The more I look at the art the more I think you are right. There are birds in that picture, and he looks like he's chilling with an apple or something in his hand.

20. conmeolatui

conmeolatui Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Well seem like kenshin is the only fire gene can be made via combination. now I just need to pass skill from lion heart and wagner