Universal CHAOS RINGS III (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NaiveCynic, May 28, 2015.

1. Pivi

Pivi Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2013
    Actually, we should ask Shaun if the japanase game have received any updates or not, since it came out a long time ago. Or maybe they want to put out an update universally at the same time?

The same is true for the PS Vita japanese version, since it came out on a vita game card, so I guess it has to contain all of the game contents. Although a Vita game can be updated too.

2. Spinda

Spinda Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2013
    #1182 Spinda, Jun 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
    The fate seals are
    Aries, the two Drei 6 fights in Winterborough, the Johaness fight in the tournament, the two fights against the Incarnatus before Johaness joins, the Drei 6 fight at the Mutant Facility, and the Auz fight at the Ark

3. Lessica

Lessica Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Adv. Cocytus and Adv. Electra on Leary/Jubei and Elroux/Gilgamesh, respectively. I also had Gil use Stress for the first 2 turns or so.

I didn't even think of this _:)3 」∠)_

4. Styr

Styr Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Does anyone have a listing of the 'hidden genes' SR abilities? If not I guess we should start a list of known and unknown.

I'm starting to work on the casters like Juliet and Cleopatra and am curious what innate skills would fit them best. I'm sure others would also appreciate such a list.

5. zzandreezz

zzandreezz Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    USA
    Well chests are so random the chances of getting one is really low, any particular monsters that yield poision orbs?

6. Mattosai

Mattosai Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    #1186 Mattosai, Jun 14, 2015
    Well with such a list i could add an excel doc file with genes, rare / super rare abilities (and keep other infos on the text FAQ)

Remember such files can also be shared (or even open to public editing but i would avoid that unless there is some moderator confirmation)

Another cool thing would be to share the best combinations (to gain some heritage skill) people did.

7. Styr

Styr Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2015
    #1187 Styr, Jun 14, 2015
    Juliet learns Venom Kiss at lv20 SR and attribute Affection at 40 and Asvanced Lambda at 60. Just evolved her. Shizuka gets Physical Block at 20 and Beautiful Rain at 40 and Unstoppable at 60.

I agree, we should have some Google doc that is open to trusted members to fill in the blanks. It would be helpful.

Sun Wukong SR: In The Pink 20, Augmented Odette 40, Advanced Cremation 60

8. Pivi

Pivi Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2013
    Okay, so here's some Fate Seal info for the FAQ. I'm using spoiler tags just in case.

Fate Seals are special in-game trophy items that are awarded for battles that are made for the player to lose storywise, but are winnable with strong genes. They have no practical function in the game, just some nice collectibles.

The list:
    Fate Seal (Ram) - Awarded for defeating Aries in the ruined battleship without the cannon.
    Fate Seal (Skull 1) - Awarded for defeating Drei 6 in the forgotten village.
    Fate Seal (Skull 2) - Awarded for defeating Drei 6 with Nasca alone immediately after the previous battle.
    Fate Seal (Dynast) - Awarded for defeating Johannes in the chancellor's cup tournament.
    Fate Seal (Beast 1) - Awarded for defeating Axion (the Incarnatus attacking New Paleo) with Nasca and Elroux before Al arrives.
    Fate Seal (Beast 2) - Awarded for defeating Axion after Al joins the battle, but BEFORE johannes arrives.
    Fate Seal (???) - Awarded for defeating Drei 6 in the mutant facility. Somehow I missed this one. :-(((
    Fate Seal (Devil) - Awarded for defeating Auz in the terraformer ark.

As for strategies, I have used exclusively Athena, Calypso and Artemis during the whole game, so if they are well leveled and promoted to SR, than all of the seals are winnable with this three.

Also, I'm totally positive that I have destroyed
    Drei 6 in the mutant factory
    , but I've not received the fate seal for that fight, so maybe there's a turn limit in that battle. Spinda, please fill in the name for that seal! :)

9. Mattosai

Jan 11, 2010
    I will put it, but with a big spoilers warning at the end of the FAQ then as it's revealing major story plots.

10. Ctown20

Ctown20 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Maybe they changed the Artwork &/or the name or it's a hidden-hidden gene, what's it's name in japanese and translated?

11. Styr

Styr Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2015
    #1191 Styr, Jun 14, 2015
    Has anyone done the quest "Item: Flower Rings"?

It says to gather Century Lichen from 'mock World Trees' of level 101 or higher from the World Tree. Does this mean the parasite trees, or what? Cause I've been killing them and only getting Living Root, the +30% Earth damage attachment.

Edit: just got a +40% Earth Attack attachment - Earth Orb - the highest I've seen. Does this mean +50% attachments exist?

12. Mattosai

Jan 11, 2010
    Mock trees are the flat trees (you can encounter them at the start of the level, with apes and fruits) , not the big parasite-like boss. I usually hate this type of quest but well..

13. Ctown20

Jun 5, 2015
    No they're from random encounters only,
    they look like trees but with multiples legs and sometimes a chameleon appears on them so that they can use other elements. There's an other version of them in Winter Wonderland.

14. Styr

Styr Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Yeah, I found them on lower levels. They look like a tree stump with eyes.

Thanks for the heads up.

15. Orpheus

Orpheus Well-Known Member

May 14, 2015
    Guys I stupidly set the day forward instead of backward while trying to roll for Calypso. Does this mean that until July 15 I won't get any bonus coin ? Is there any methods to resolve this instead of keep changing the day forward one at a time to get my daily bonus coin ?

16. Jazzys

Jazzys Member

Jun 12, 2015
    What does fate seals do?

17. Styr

Styr Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2015
    They serve no purpose beyond bragging rights.

18. Plagueis

Plagueis Member

Jun 13, 2015
    How do you get Unstoppable and Emperor Mode and put it onto someone else's blue slots guys?

Also Magic Block and Diurnal Blessings.

Thanks in advance!

Great infos btw~

19. Styr

Styr Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2015
    #1199 Styr, Jun 14, 2015
    The best way to get innate blue skills on another gene is via recombination, fusing two genes together to produce a new one. There are an enormous amount of combinations, so your best bet is to increase your collection of genes, particularly the monthly 5* genes that can have great skills and ones you can produce via gift fusion (not the 3-gift ones, you already get them easily enough).

In particular, ones you will want to focus on getting: Wagner for Magnum Fang, Black Prince / Athena for Emperor Mode, Artemis for Stress. Read the FAQ listed below for a full list of the 5* monthly rare SR abilities, many of which are great skills, like Magnum and Stress.

Unstoppable is easily available from Dante and Xuanzang, who get it at level 20 SR.

Emperor Mode Is available from Black Prince level 20 SR and Athena 40 SR.

The above four genes are a few of the monthly 5* rare genes.

Magic Block is available from Ikkyu, one of the genes needed for Shizuka Gozen. I'm sure there are others that have Magic Block, but Ikkyu is fairly easy to get, since you can combine two other genes for her or simply fuse gifts.

Edit: the FAQ here has good info, but it isn't complete yet.

20. Ctown20

Jun 5, 2015
    Can you get Phys. or Mag. Booster from Magma Ocean or something else?
    What skill does Alexander learn?
    Can't get to decide what to give my Alexander Phys. & Mag. Booster, or Crti. x2 Phys. Booster, or anything else...