Universal CHAOS RINGS III (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NaiveCynic, May 28, 2015.

1. sorryformyenglish

Jun 9, 2015
    #1141 sorryformyenglish, Jun 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
    Leary looks amazing in Thousand Voyager's Dress!
    [​IMG]

2. conmeolatui

conmeolatui Member

Jun 10, 2015
    #1142 conmeolatui, Jun 14, 2015
    awesome bug!!!

Somehow, when I got 9999 Red V gift. lol. Wish this could happen again with others gifts lol

p/s: wow it happened to Red I now. gosh im so happyyyy

3. Dako1

Dako1 Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Can someone tell me a date of the different bosses on the battle mode? (S bosses)

4. Humperdinck

Humperdinck Active Member

Jun 6, 2015
    Thank you very much for your thoughts on the matter. I don't think it's a bug, the game was designed for spells to deal more damage. This is explained in the battle tutorial. But whilst it's insane to deal >100k damage with concentrated triple spells, these spells come at greater risk. Even with joint boosters one cannot guarantee calling up triple spells on a consistent basis, while opening the caster to taking critical damage themselves from opposing elements.

On the other hand, physical combos can consistently deal 20-40K damage every turn. It's money in the bank unless the enemy has physical block, and most bosses I've come across don't. So I think the game was designed to cater to the players' different risk-reward profiles.

Both approaches can beat the game, but the spell caster may need a bit more continuation gems, in exchange for a chance to finish the boss fights early - this could be very advantageous in cases where the boss fights should not be dragged on. On the other hand, physical combos allow for the slow and steady to also win the race, and healers may have a more significant role on these teams.

*One perk of physical combos is hunting eggons. Magnum on Leary is clearly the dominant strategy for blasting those eggs to smithereens. This alone makes physical combos worth it imo.

Thank you very much again.

5. Pivi

Pivi Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2013
    First of all, awesome work on th FAQ Mattosai!

Second, what's the fastest way to gain money? I would like to get the amount for Yae's sidequest, but it's a trenendous amount.

6. Humperdinck

Jun 6, 2015
    Mattosai thank you very much for organising this doc, makes it so much easier than having to find the information on different pages.

And thank you everyone who have contributed to compiling the lists in the FAQ.

7. Styr

Styr Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2015
    I personally find physical combos more fun than using joint strike spells. AAs are fun to watch go off and deliver the beat down, and are more consistent to trigger than the 'sometimes' of spell combos thanks to guaranteed Crit skills like Snow Tiger and Lunar Lion.

I do wonder what passives boost AA damage: do they count as normal attacks and receive bonus from Phys/Crit boost and Crit x2, or no?

8. Humperdinck

Jun 6, 2015
    Yeah to test it I guess would involve making characters with and without each respective skill, and noting down the total damage output from the physical combo. Would take a whole weekend to do this experiment though :(

9. Ctown20

Ctown20 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    #1149 Ctown20, Jun 14, 2015
    Grind the dungeons to sell the treasures.
    Specially grind magma ocean, the magma worn skin sell really well, triple eggons + vip + Apple of wisdom = 2x xxx money

They coount more as physical you can experiment on monsters with lots of HP resistant to physical &/or magical atk. Crit. doesn't work with AA but they seem to work with combos, you can experiments in events with wilcards, the all atks critical wildcard. And it seems like Daisuke's AA is particularly powerful and sometimes ignore a certain% of the enemy defense(not sure though)

Anyone if i'm wrong plz correct me

10. Spinda

Spinda Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2013
    #1150 Spinda, Jun 14, 2015
    2 spellcasters can easily match 2 phys attackers (with AA) without spell comboes or exploiting weaknesses.

Also why would Eggons matter?

Giving Leary even a gene like
    Johaness
    is enough to kill 120-130 Eggons.

Also what? Continue gems? I only used genes from cards to beat Story Mode (and used Spells way more than Physical), didn't even waste time grinding and I never used a single Continue Gem.

Even for 100+ quests I never needed a continue gem.

Phys genes have some uses over spellcasters (final boss/secret boss) but for most of the game, spells flatout outdamage physical skills.

11. bajooong

bajooong Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Do you know about this gene ?. My gene card is 100%, but i don't know about this one.

Attached Files:

12. zzandreezz

zzandreezz Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    USA
    Well I managed to beat the gluttony thing with 2 continues gems, but now I'm stuck with Forbidden Monster G, a cow that heals 4000hp per turn plus double action.
    Gosh why are postgame bosses so tough

13. eten

eten New Member

Jun 10, 2015
    I have made a MAX SR John Doe with Magnum fang, but it does not do 'spell combination' with my lvl 70 SR Gozen that also has magnum.

Is my Gozen's level too low, or they do not compliment each other?

14. Styr

Styr Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Magnum is a physical skill, and cannot combo with others like spells do with joint strikes. A physical based combo can do an AA under the right conditions, whereas a magic combo does not.

For JD, you can combo/joint strike with Advanced Odette.

15. Humperdinck

Jun 6, 2015
    #1155 Humperdinck, Jun 14, 2015
    It's more of Shizuka being too slow. There is a large speed gap between Lv70 Gozen and LvMax John Doe. Max John Doe is normally faster than the opponent, but If the enemy attacks in between John Doe and Shizuka this will stop triggering the max combo. I would say see if it's better when Shizuka gets to LvMax, and make sure her user has a speed ring, and feed Shizuka with speed seeds until her user's overall speed stat is >500. As long as Shizuka is faster than the enemy her attack will sync with JD and you should be able to trigger the max combo more consistently.

Edit: You had 'spell combination' in inverted commas and was talking about magnum, so it seemed like you were referring to the AA combo. If you're talking about spell combo, Shizuka casts light spells and John Doe casts dark and ice spells. You could sub out aug cocytus and teach him aug mana, this way you can sync them.

16. Ctown20

Jun 5, 2015
    The one with Holy element and phys. resistant?

17. Lessica

Lessica Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Wear armor with high physical resistance. I believe the special battles from the end of May give this.
    Then just blast away at it with your most powerful spells. I used Jubei and Gilgamesh as my damage dealers (I really need to get more Adv. Cocytus users for the triple combo) for this battle, I think. The battle will take longer due to the 4k HP regen, so you might need to use MP restoring items or continue gems for the free MP refill.

Eten is referring to spell combo, not the physical AA trigger.

18. Ctown20

Jun 5, 2015
    I think it's weak against debuffs & ailments particularly poison and blind

19. Styr

Styr Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2015
    #1159 Styr, Jun 14, 2015
    Feels like I've been trying for hours to get a Hunt:Eggon quest. Been altering my date, resetting when my shuffle doesn't work, and still have had zero luck.

Did I make them extinct?

For anyone who has completed the epilogue, is there NG+? I want to do another playthrough but not sure if I should continue to bother with my original save or work on a new one. I've learned so much from my first playthrough I could probably get Fate Seals and use my genes and gifts more intelligently for OP combos.

Edit:

I want to try getting Snow Tiger and Lunar Lion on my Iseult as innate skills, so he can Trade both poison and blind. Not sure if it's possible but can't hurt to try.

20. Humperdinck

Jun 6, 2015
    Ah I see, I have edited my response. Thank you.