Universal CHAOS RINGS III (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NaiveCynic, May 28, 2015.

1. Styr

Styr Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2015
    #1021 Styr, Jun 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
    Please use the spoiler tag on plot related things like the kind you mentioned in your first sentence. Thanks.

Iirc, you need to do a certain number of side quests first. Denedev, the fortune teller in District 14, should tell you exactly how many more side-quests you need to do before the plot moves on.

I feel that the best way to do this is to complete one basic side-quest like Hunt: X or Item: Y and then hit "Shuffle Quests"; this should bring up plot-important side quests that need to be done before you are allowed to start Ch4. If not, keep doing quests and shuffling.

2. hemispherepk

hemispherepk Member

Jun 8, 2015
    About Napoleon

Do you guys think Napoleon is good overall? Masamune and Jubei seems to have a better atk overall, and it feels like Napoleon is kind of a supportive gene? Also, do you guys think Ryoma is good? Napoleon can fuse with Athena to get Ryoma (that's what I've heard).

3. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Ahh I was doing the date trick to get Wagner and I got 2 Wagners in the 5 gene box :O

Anyhow, I was curious, if you have a maxed SR, can you fuse it again with a Kepler that has added skills to add to it? Or will a Kepler not fuse to a maxed out gene? I don't have any maxed SRs yet but I'm wonder if it's okay to max the stock SR genes from boxes that don't have any inherited skills or wait to find some decent auto learn items with Kepler.

4. Styr

Styr Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2015
    #1024 Styr, Jun 13, 2015
    Nice, I got two Artemis earlier when fishing for Wagner myself. Personally I always love it when I get Kepler and the gene I want! Wagner really got popular lately didn't she?

I believe you should be able to fuse a max gene with a Kepler. If you try to enhance it though it won't work, but recombination should work.

Napoleon is pretty underwhelming, unfortunately. He's designed to be an ice-based caster, but he doesn't really do it that well. Ryoma, too, isn't that good from what I've seen.

I'd honestly rate Calypso above Napoleon; she lacks the AoE Spells Napoleon has, but she makes up for it with healing spells and utility.

Right now I consider these Genes to be top notch:

DPS:

Wagner (Single target Physical and Bolt spells), 5* Rare only available in May/November. Gets Magnum Fang as SR, considered one of the best, if not the best, Physical skill in the game. Bolt-element. Her stats are skewed towards Attack and Speed, making her an ideal attacker. Magnum Fang does 6 x (char's # of hits), up to a max of 36 with Leary using a 6-hit weapon.

Athena (AoE Holy and Bolt spells, Tanky DPS), 5* Rare only available in June and December. She gets Emperor Mode as SR, a powerful self-buff. Her AoE skills are incredibly powerful at clearing trash until late-game, as many enemies are Dark element. Holy element. Has balanced stats, with a slight focus on Attack and Defense.

Black Prince (Great Physical attacker), 5* Rare only available in Aigust and February. He gets an instant death type Attack called 'The End', Emperor Mode, and Asura Lotus - a physical attack that can hit 2-5 x (char's # of hits), doing more hits with more speed. Like Wagner, Black Prince is skewed for Attack and Speed at the expense of Defense and Luck. BP's luck is not as bad as Wagner's though. Dark element.

Artemis (Dark And Fire single target damage), 5* only available in May/November, same as Wagner. Artemis is mostly on this list for one reason: Stress. What is Stress? It's a spell that does 20% of the target's current HP, so it will get weaker and weaker the lower the target's Hp is. But this spell can single handedly help you defeat bosses that would otherwise be impossible. Note: Stress costs 99mp. Dark element.

Calypso gets a special mention because she's one of the units I have had the longest and still use her sometimes, despite having better healers. She's available only in July and January. She's an ice based attacker with single target damage spells, but she also has access to Healing spells, revive, and a way to clear debuffs from your team. Having a healer when you need it can be helpful, but I'm sure you already know this.

Also of special note are some of the hidden genes:

John Doe is quite strong. He does great dark damage and has an ice based AoE, has Crit x2, Asura Lotus, and more. He has amazing Attack and is one of the best damage dealers in the game. There's been a lot of discussion about this guy lately, read the past 15-10 pages on this thread to learn more.

The top damage dealer in this game, not counting Stress shenanigans, is Gilgamesh. His Attack stat is insane.

I'm also a fan of Iseult, Shizuka Gozen, Juliet, and Kojiro from the hidden gene list. They may not be top damage dealers but they have their niche.

5. Harmony

Harmony New Member

Jun 12, 2015
    well its a part of the main story where I have to kill him with al.. its in the beginning of chapter 2.. thanks for the reply anyway

6. Kash

Kash New Member

Jun 13, 2015
    Sr genes

I currently have Indra SR, Qin Shi Huang SR, Columbus SR, Mother SR and a Athen 5* R as my genes for now. I want to know what you guys think and also genes you guys would reccomend, and how I could obtain them?

Attached Files:

7. Styr

Styr Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Getting Wagner, Artemis, and Calypso is a good start. All three are 'monthly rares', meaning they are only available during specific months. Athena is one of this month's rares, along long with Joan.

Wagner and Artemis can both be gotten during the months of May and November, while Calypso can be found during January and July. You can change your date to the past if you want to summon these amazing genes.

Indra and Columbus could probably be switched if you feel their performance is lacking. Mother isn't a bad healer but having a backup can't hurt since Dark spells can mess her up.

Wagner is amazing for DPS, due to her Attack and speed focused stats along with incredible physical skills. She starts off with Rakshasha Lotus, which deals 3 attacks, and learns Augmented Electra at level 15. If you get two Wagner's you can combo their spells together for ridiculous damage. She also learns the incredible Magnum Fang when evolved to Sr, one of the best physical skills in the game. Artemis can learn Stress, a skill that can inflict 20% of the target's current Hp. This can do TONS of damage on high health bosses, but it gets weaker the lower the target's hp. Calypso is a strong healer who can also do a bit of ice damage.

If you evolve your Athena to SR she will learn Emperor Mode at level 40, a great self buff.

Black Prince, available in February and August, is also a good gene. He gets several good skills, like The End, Asura Lotus and Emperor Mode.

When you recombine genes, remember you can back out of the process and keep retrying to get the innate "blue" skills that you want. For example, if you combine SR Athena to create another gene, that new gene can learn Emperor Mode, assuming you've learned it and the new gene doesn't learn it naturally.

Passing down good spells and skills can drastically improve the power of genes by granting them skills that would otherwise be impossible to have.

Also, in case you aren't aware of it, there's an easy way to level. Fighting Eggons, this games version of metal slimes. Fighting 3 of them will triple the XP when battle is completed, and they can be found nearly anywhere, albeit rarely. If you find the quest "Hunt: Eggons", doing it is a very good idea for tons of XP.

8. conmeolatui

conmeolatui Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Tui thì full 100% từ trước khi đánh Child luôn kìa =)))) Tuy nhiên giờ thì đang làm mấy trò bựa như 3 con Gil hợp lại chẳng hạn =)))

9. Styr

Styr Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2015
    #1029 Styr, Jun 13, 2015
    Also here is the Eggon XP trick.

There is zero penalty for dying, so enjoy this trick properly.

This is a lot easier with the Fight Now ability, a Gift you can gain from the Lollipop Labryinth box. It works like Whistle in DQ8, and combined with Escape you can 'fish' for the 3-eggon fights which are the only ones you should do.

I suggest using the genes you want to level, while also having 3 crappy level 1 genes you can swap to when you want to die. Unless you are already low level, the massive drop in stats should make you kill able by eggons; Instead of guarding, have each of your units Attack a different target, and rotate your attacks so you do not kill one. Dying is the easiest in a triple eggon battle, and a single one will be hard pressed to do the job in a timely manner. Remember, escape is your friend. It rarely fails.

Getting VIP also helps, since the extra x1.5 XP reduces the time it takes to level, combining with the eggon bonus for a total of x4.5 XP. You can use rare items to boost it up even higher - I've heard x27 was possible - but those are impossible to get early on I believe.

10. sorryformyenglish

Jun 9, 2015
    #1030 sorryformyenglish, Jun 13, 2015
    Maybe... WHERE CAN YOU GET THE OTHERS?

THE YELLOW GEMS- "Gilgamesh Gems"

I Fancy Final Feast-Edge of the World Box/Dungeon
    II Darts- Edge of the World Box/Dungeon
    III Memory Drop IV- Primodia Box/Dungeon
    IV Moonlight Shadow- Primodia Box/Dungeon
    V Rakshasa Lutos- Theia Box/Dungeon
    VI Iris Shield- Theia Box/Dungeon

Gilgamesh... I'm disappointed. Golden keys I hate...

11. sorryformyenglish

Jun 9, 2015
    Does anyone had a gene with magnum and emperor mode... is that possible?

And can I play Incarnatus after story mode?

I wish there's an Episode 5

12. Ctown20

Ctown20 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    How to obtain Thousand Voyagers Suit!!!

It's in an event Sep 9th.

13. Ctown20

Jun 5, 2015
    Yeah me too, from what i know you can play in Incarnatus 3 times,
    when you first transform (vs Old One), for the end of Chap. 4 (vs. Child & Entity), and bonus (vs. Adam)

14. zzandreezz

zzandreezz Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    USA
    Archdemon of Gluttony

Guys how do I defeat Archdemon of Gluttnoy, he has that Gigantic Gravity Burst that just 1 shot my whole team, plus he has no weakness?
    My team consists : Gilgamesh, Athena, Calypso:confused:

15. Ctown20

Jun 5, 2015
    I had weaker genes max lv, and i beat him weaken his atk and speed and on the turn that he'll shoot his burst block, after heal...easy

16. Outofbox00

Outofbox00 New Member

May 2, 2015
    Can I increase the number of stars on a card? I have a 4 * kongming R card and want to make it 5 *

17. zzandreezz

zzandreezz Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    USA
    I followed your words and even when my team is guarding, his gravity burst still one shot me :(

18. Spinda

Spinda Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2013
    #1038 Spinda, Jun 13, 2015
    Gilgamesh on his own is pretty terrible.

Unless you get passives for him in Magma Ocean, his damage output is lower than Goemon, The Lionheart and Nuwa's groups. What an unmodded Gilgamesh is good for is comboing with anyone. And since his speed is so low he'll never start a combo himself.

John Doe is a fairly above average physical attacker (Somewhat better than Nostradamus's group and maybe Masamune, Masmune gets one less useful skill than Kenshin can't remember whichj) Kenshin is a better pick seeing as he can get Phys Boost Crit Boost (Blue) and Magnum Fang (Blue). Plus he comes with his own Emperor Mode, so you don't need to use up that single Berserk Catalyst you get on him.

And he can get a few more hits in with Auto Counter. And those extra hits actually work with Crit x2. Unlike physical skills like Asura Lotus or Magnum Fang.

19. Styr

Styr Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2015
    #1039 Styr, Jun 13, 2015
    I think someone mentioned an Emperor Mode Catalyst a while back, but I'm not sure if they made it up or what. Seems too good to be true.

Though I have seen Mental Wall Catalyst and Moonlight Shadow Catalyst before, so maybe it isn't too far of a stretch for there to be Emp Mode Catalyst on a unit I haven't seen or it could be a SR ability on one of the many units I haven't evolved.

As for Emperor Mode and Magnum Fang as blue skills, it should be possible to have both together. You'll need a Wagner for the Magnum and a Black Prince or Athena for Emperor Mode, but the tricky part will be trying to combine the genes in such a way that you'll be able to get both together and still produce a gene worth something.

I believe there's an item that replicates Emp Mode's buff, some kind of miracle medicine or whatever. I forgot the exact name, but I know it exists.

I wonder if Crit x2/Crit Boost not working with skills is intentional? It would be nice if it was some sort of bug and got fixed, but would probably make some units OP. Perhaps Crit x2 doesn't work with skills because of those guaranteed Crit attacks that would be really strong otherwise: Snow Tiger and Lunar Lion, not sure if there are others like them.

How does Kenshin's stats compare to JD and Wagner at max level?

20. Mattosai

Mattosai Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    #1040 Mattosai, Jun 13, 2015
    Agree overall, Gilgamesh needs some speed seeds, once he gets enough and with two good blue skills , he's one of the more polyvalent casters of the game.

Remember, as i see you often speak of stats of genes , those can be boosted (until 999 i guess) with seeds, which are easy to get / farm , i don't recount how many seeds I , II , III and +8 gifts i have (still unused, i wait to have my "perfect" set of genes (like Calypso with 2 blues skills to enforce her more as i consider she's still top tier healer.)

I'll add Cleopatra in the list of potential good genes for her B... err Venom kiss :b skill that saved my ass more than one time inflicting multiple status on boss).

Post game genes i don't like (like napoleon) are those who get invul skill to their own element (taking double damage against opposite one) with a strong AoE that hits all on the screen (and afinity to help.... kill your self... well 3 of those could work against a weak boss that can be killed without the need of a healer, but as spinda says, most fights later needs a good heal in the team. Here comes Calypso or Shizuka)

Did someone found an use of reverse gravity ? i guess it's to help slow teams.

Btw all my chars are equipped with Aura Crystal ring, modded with another 30 speed, i have yet to see a 3 strike asura lotus atm.

edit: btw ; i did a mistake on eggon hunt quest (finished it, was distracted) it's been several hours i try to reset quest and see it reappear , no luck : morality : if you're not sure on how much eggons you must kill to finish, let yourself killed or you'll regret it (unless you're very lucky to get another quest quicly... ) :(