Universal CHAOS RINGS III (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NaiveCynic, May 28, 2015.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Apparently there's more to this game than I thought there was before.

I just unlocked card fusions that resembles a very basic version of fusions you might recognize from Persona series. Basically some cards can inherit skills from the parent cards after fusion. There are some restrictions that confused me but I guess I'll figure that out later. However it seems like there's going to be a lot to do now that I have to find some good cards to fuse to make my ultimate cards. And fusing two maxed out cards that are the same will increase the rarity of the base card (cards can all go through 3 rarity types).

And it also seems you get items you can use as attachments / stat boosters for equipment. CR3 is like all my favorite RPG features thrown into one game. There's so much stuff in this game you'd need an essay to explain it all.

I loved the in game comment by an NPC that said you can't buy the premium coins and there's no IAP :)

2. terrence92

terrence92 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Yup, this combat system and card upgrades is actually insane. I want all the cards (gifts) and level them up and discover combo's and the list goes on :p. Apperance do change with certain new equipments. Swords and armor :)
    5 hours in to the game and I feel like there is much to come

3. Nads

Nads New Member

May 21, 2015
    Looks like a great game, although i have a few questions if anyone can please answer who owns this:

1. iCloud Save is supported? Can i play across iPhone and iPad?
    2. MFI Controller support? Does anyone know if the previous Chaos games had this?
    3. Is there an option for English Voices? Cant stand JAP voices with ENG subtitles!
    4. A few pages back i saw a screenshot of this game which had huge borders on either side of the screen. Is that from iPhone 6 Plus? Will it be like that if i get this on i6+ and on iPad Air?

Thanks

4. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Can't answer #4, but 1-3 are all no. You can turn off the voices though.

5. Anilones

Anilones Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    I've only played the original Chaos Rings, are Omega and 2 still recommended?

6. Opheus

Opheus Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2014
    Shaun is this game follow the same recipe as CR 1 and CR 2, in which u replay the story again many times but branch out differently depend on ur choice (like different sacrifices in CR 2) ? Or is this a kinda liner RPG like Final Fantasy ?

7. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    its kinda ridiculous that none of the premium games out of SE are optimized for new iphones even when they scale fine on android.

8. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    THIS is probably why it isn't working for me and my JB 5s. Looks like I should ask for a refund or unjailbreak. Funny, they did this with Deus Ex... Then removed it. And that's the game I removed from my JB iPhone to fit CR3. How can we get them to remove that dang protection?!? Wish it would still allow those of us who BOUGHT it to play it.

9. Shaun Musgrave

Jul 8, 2013
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Linear, but with lots of side content that has you going back to previous stages.

10. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Thanks for pointing out the jailbreak bit. Would really suck if I dropped 20 bucks on the game just for it to tell me that I can't play it. Too many fun tweaks for me to give up jailbreaking over one game. Guess my note 4 will see some love.

11. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    #91 Nekku, May 29, 2015
    Last edited: May 29, 2015
    Try tweaks like xCon or similar to bypass the jb detection? It's worth a try imo.
    There was no game where xCon didnt worked for me until now.

According to some users of another forum, it should run fine on jailbroken devices so I'm not really sure if this is the reason why it is crashing for you.

12. derek111

derek111 Member

May 29, 2015
    Crash

Has anyone have their game crashed? The game just crashes everytime after the octopus cut scene....... I even tried to take on the second quest then go back... doesn't work at all... anyone is experiencing the same issue?!

p.s. i'm using iPad mini 2...

13. Shaun Musgrave

Jul 8, 2013
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Proceeded fine for me on a 5S. Which version of iOS are you running?

14. derek111

derek111 Member

May 29, 2015
    8.3. Now I'm trying to restore the iPad and see if it works... if it doesn't work i really don't know what else i can do

15. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    A reviewer on another gaming site had the same problem, and mentions it in his review-so-far.

16. eventide

eventide Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2012
    But Witcher 3 is awesome and taking all my time...whyd you do this to me Square Enix????

:p

Shawn would you say this is better than the first 2?

17. marcanthony0313

Feb 12, 2014
    Compatible on iPad 3??

18. Shaun Musgrave

Jul 8, 2013
    Ibaraki, Japan
    I like the main plot and cast a little less. I like everything else a lot more.

19. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    You arent kidding about the Witcher. I have played it a few hours every night after work since release!

20. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Try downloading officer and see if that works