Universal CHAOS RINGS III (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NaiveCynic, May 28, 2015.

1. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    How effective are those negative status attacks on bosses?

2. ho1yski3s

ho1yski3s Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2015
    there is a japanese website with an excel spreadsheet

http://gametter.com/chaos/3_gene.html

download the 12/24 version. Even if you can't read the gene name you can prolly figure out which dungeon has what color and number

3. Styr

Styr Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2015
    #903 Styr, Jun 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
    Poison does 10% damage per turn. Bosses have a ton of Hp, and are normally immune to such shenanigans.

This works great with Iseult; you can use Snow Tiger (Crit Attack with self-poison) to start a combo chain with other teammates since it always crits, and next turn you can use Trade to infect the boss. If you want to use Snow Tiger as a combo opener, you need to properly set up your squad so their speeds properly align.

'Trade' is also good because you can steal enemy buffs. Iseult is the only Gene in the game to have Trade, and he requires Marie + Lugh to craft.

4. Spinda

Spinda Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2013
    #904 Spinda, Jun 11, 2015
    Anyone doing Magma Ocean Passive skill farming for Gilgamesh?

How much damage does he do if decked out with a bunch of damage boosting passives?

Been trying to beat all the Super Bosses as quickly as possible and I'm stuck at two-three turns minimum depending on the boss I'm thinking a properly built Gilgamesh can push that to 1-2 turns.

5. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Since I accidentally deleted my saves, I just started over yesterday. And so I decided to start in January 2015 so I could collect my 5 coins and purchase the rare 5* cards for each month up until now. Only problem is, since I haven't really explored much and opened the garden, I'm out of room for getting new genes. So, looks like it's time to actually do some grinding! Only problem is going to be in deciding which amazing genes to actually level up first.

6. Spinda

Spinda Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2013
    #906 Spinda, Jun 11, 2015
    Wagner is probably the best of the Gene box 5*'s

High Attack and Speed, Adv Electra, Magic Booster, and has Magnum Fang. Plus you can give her Berserk Catalyst, Aug Spells

Lacks Attribute Affection and Bolt Booster but all the other 5*'s from Gene Boxes suffer from not being able to be fused for Blue Skills other thanKepler/self fusion. You can probably make her better if you do the Magma Ocean thing.

Of course you can still finish story mode with any of the 5* Gene Box genes

7. terrence92

terrence92 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2013
    You didn't quite answered my question I'm afraid :p

8. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Oh gosh Curtis! That's terrible! How did that happen?? I'm glad you're hanging in there and not quitting all together.

I'm guessing you explained earlier in the thread but it's a bit too spoiler-y to dig through..

On a side note, I love how they added save files in this game. The previous games never had them. Just one slot. So even if you beat the game and get bored, you can start over without wiping your original.

9. Styr

Styr Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2015
    #909 Styr, Jun 11, 2015
    Element X Boost gives x1.2 boost to damage I think, maybe 1.3 - it's a helpful amount but to get max results you need to get a +30% attachment for your element of choice and an appropriate weapon for that element to attach it to.

Like Spinda said, Wagner is pretty good. She's available in the months of May and November, so if you want her soon you'll be doing that.

I'm also a fan of Calypso; she can heal, deal ice damage, revive, a self-heal-over-time, and can clear debuffs. She's everything you need early game for a healer and she's good enough to last until end game. I also used a Kipler to give my Calypso the innate skill Augmented Electra, which allows her to combo with Wagner for crazy damage.

Athena and Black Prince also have their own strengths: both get Emperor Mode when evolved to SR, which is a great buff that is good to give to other genes, like Ikkyu or Jack the Ripper. Black Prince also gets Asura Lotus, a great skill to have early on your low hit-# attackers like Al, MC, or Daisuke. Black Prince also gets "The End", an extremely rare skill that gives you a chance for an instant kill.

Artemis gets a special mention for simply one reason: Stress. This bad boy removed a flat 20% of the target's current HP, and this works even on bosses. Using Artemis to deal 100++ damage is not unheard of, but due to high mana cost it can't be used much. Still, if you are entirely outclassed by some boss and ever stuck, Stress will usually help out a lot. You probably won't need Stress until Ch4. Artemis gets Dark and Fire damage spells, along with the rare skill Blue-Moon Brave.

Xuanzang gets Asura Lotus, Crit x2, Unstoppable and Narrow Escape. That's 4 great skills right there, and her Attack is incredibly high at the expense of her other stats. Kishibojin is a decent Fire/Earth nuker, a relatively rare elemental combination, and gets both Magic Booster and Fire Booster and Earth Booster! Unfortunately, both her spells are single target.

Joan is decent, but a bit bland and is only decent as a tank imo. Gagarin gets Advanced Healing and Unstoppable at SR40/60 respectively, and is a jack of all trades, able to do AoE earth damage, heal, and buff her team.

I agree, Wagner is top notch among the monthly rares. I think Black Prince, Calypso and Athena are also up there in terms of power and utility. Xuanzang has a nice spread of good skills, but her stats are so lopsided it's hard to justify her.

10. Spinda

Spinda Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2013
    I already know that, I'm just looking for raw numbers. Since I output 10-15k damage per spell (probably could push close to 20k with a little more tweaking) on someone like Super Mariv

So other than seeds, Gilgamesh with Passives would be the next upgrade for me.

11. Styr

Styr Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Best bet is to ask Evokerz when you see them. He seems to know every way to minmax and use tricks.

Have you maxed your Gilgamesh yet? I'm curious about his lv100 stats.

12. Spinda

Spinda Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2013
    1686-605-231-169-214

You can just copy save files and use Enhance to level up a Gene to max to check their stats in the second save file.

13. conmeolatui

conmeolatui Member

Jun 10, 2015
    I've just finished chap4 and stucked around for about 10 hours. Like the prophet did say, there should be chap5. Has anyone figure anything out yet???

14. Styr

Styr Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2015
    What elements you plan to get Booster for?

Berserk Catalyst would be a great idea for tons of extra Attack if the bonus Atk buffs spell damage.

15. Fearest

Fearest Member

Jun 3, 2015
    theia's secret

I completed Theia's secret 1 and 2.. but 3 is not showing up. Anyone know how to get that quest?

16. Jazzys

Jazzys Member

Jun 12, 2015
    Hi what genes do I need to combine to make Gilgamesh? Or is fusing gifts the only way?

And do SR + SR give higher stat SRs? Cause my SR. John Doe from SR/SR has exceedingly high Attack and most other stats than my SR Cleopatra formed from a max rare + SR.

17. Spinda

Spinda Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2013
    #917 Spinda, Jun 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
    Light or Dark since the main or Elroux has a 100% weapon for either one.

You can get Berserk Catalyst from The Lionheart. So using the item on a gene you can spare a blue slot for it on is a bit of a waste. Well obviously you can get it from Magma Ocean. I'd consider Wagner, she has Magnum Fang and Phys Boost plus one of the highest non-Gilgamesh Attack stats. Also you can give her Eggon Catalyst later on for more crits.

Oh and in case anyone is looking at John Doe and seeing a Asura Lotus and Critical x2 combo, they don't work together. Critical x2 only works on normal attacks. So yeah John Doe isn't all that good in terms of Magic or Physical compared to specialized genes. Although I still haven't found a decent specialized Physical Gene yet (that can be fused)

18. Styr

Styr Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2015
    #918 Styr, Jun 12, 2015
    The only benefit from combining two SR, besides the potential SR abilities that may or may not be worth anything, is the fact that the resulting card is also SR, offsetting the Kepler needing to evolve the second SR.

Usually, you only are aiming for one card's SR genes since you want to bring over two good skills as blue/innate skills. It really depends on what you are combining. Stuff like Magnum, Asura, Emperor Mode, Crit x2, Unstoppable, are all critical abilities for top end genes, among others.

I'm wondering about dropping one of my weak skills on Kojiro for Berserk Catalyst. My Kojiro currently has Lock On and Dreadnaught at the moment, all but worthless compared to Magnum. I want to replace one with Provoke and the other with a Catalyst or something, I'm not sure what to choose. Berserk for more power, or Diamond for more beef?

In the first place I only plan to use the Catalyst gift on Kojiro over using Lionheart because his blue slots are already taken up by critical skills. Not really sure if I could get a better gift to put on him, like resistance, he doesn't have an element unless someone assigns him one.

I call it the soccer ball element.

19. Jazzys

Jazzys Member

Jun 12, 2015
    #919 Jazzys, Jun 12, 2015
    Does dark booster work with floodgate? And would this work well for a physical John doe then? Since Crit won't work

20. Ctown20

Ctown20 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015

Try to complete at least 1-2 any quest and refresh