Universal CHAOS RINGS III (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NaiveCynic, May 28, 2015.

1. Humperdinck

Humperdinck Active Member

Jun 6, 2015
    I think magnum fang for Leary is worth it compared to asura lotus. For some reason asura lotus typically only deals 3 hits when equipped on Leary, where as magnum fang guarantees 6 hits. So magnum fang effectively allows the battle to progress twice as fast as if you equipped asura lotus on her. Down side is you will need to stockpile plums because shizuka is going to churn through her MP like it's nothing.

2. Spinda

Spinda Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2013
    #882 Spinda, Jun 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
    Magnum Fang is worth it on everyone. Even if they deal 5 attacks with A.Lotus.

Magnum Fang does normal attack damage x 6, the Lotus Skills deal slightly less damage per attack. So even with 5 attacks, Magnum Fang outdamages A.Lotus.

Also do people seriously fight encounters or set it to the highest possible? Set it to a level where you can just mass battle everything to death or just turn off encounters completely. Most quests only have one boss battle.

3. Styr

Styr Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2015
    #883 Styr, Jun 11, 2015
    It's a shame that Leary's final 6-hit Ohz weapon buffs Earth and Bolt. If you want the buff to Dark and Light you need to get that Princess x Princess weapon which only has 3 hits.

I really wish we had transmogrify in this game, Bragg Peak is my favorite looking weapon for Leary but it's so low level it's hardly worth it for aesthetic value alone.

Is there a good 6-hit weapon for Leary that I might be missing? I tend to stick with the Ohz weapons simply because they have zero downsides like many of the regular weapons: Al's -50% Mag weapon, or MC's +100% Dark weapon that guts his Light and Fire spells.

It's also frustrating how, after the first batch of Ohz clothes for her, that everything female related after that isn't tailored to Elroux at all. Even the best clothes are simply reskins of Leary's outfit and her formal dress.

Some of the clothes you can get in the Colisseum are very good looking, but again, the downsides hurt. Plus, a kimono with a mini skirt doesn't really fit Elroux either (Naniwakagami). Martyr's Wear looks good on her but the stats are very low compared to the end game stuff, which for females is all mini skirts.

Not that I'm complaining as a guy, but c'mon. Pic attached is Martyr's Wear, which is imo the best looking armor for Elroux that can be purchased via coins, not counting the recolors of Elroux's dress; her blue one in particular looks great on her.

[​IMG]

Blue dress:

[​IMG]

Wish we had more recolors of this dress over short skirts and ZR. Alas.

4. Spinda

Spinda Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2013
    If you're going to focus on physical attacks it doesn't matter what element the weapon buffs.

If you're going to focus on spells it really shouldn't matter how many hits or power a weapon has. Especially since Leary can still easily shift the advantage back even with just 3x5 hits.

Trying to do both will just result in less overall damage.

5. Humperdinck

Jun 6, 2015
    Styr I understand your lament re: Leary's final weapon. Cannot completely reconfigure the weapon, which means it limits which cards the character can use, or alternatively the character has to equip a lesser weapon. The way I'm getting around this problem until the ultimate weapons appear (which I expect with most Square/Enix rpgs) is equipping Leary with Wagner, Elroux with John Doe, and using protagonist as the healer with Shizuka Gozen.

Elroux is an absolute beast with that dark modded 3 hit final weapon you are carrying and John Doe.

6. JustinS1985

JustinS1985 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2012
    I'm having problems with my John Doe, I have a level 60 John Doe with Critx2 and Emperor mode, but no matter how many times I reset when I match it with Kepler the only skill that's passed down is emperor mode. Any idea why it won't pass down critx2?

7. DivineHate

DivineHate Member

Jun 6, 2015
    Delete this sorry

8. Ctown20

Ctown20 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    I'm sure it's not a baseless rumor

9. Ctown20

Jun 5, 2015
    Finish it for Theia's Secret 3 and Theia's Seccret 4(
    Reward Stress, Boss: Adam, Life: a million, just bested it yesterday night for 10 Revives, Damn that Forgotten Final Prayer
    )

Noticed that it's Lessica's clothes from CR2?

10. Styr

Styr Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2015
    #890 Styr, Jun 11, 2015
    Haha, I've also been using Wagner on my Leary for the past couple days myself, once I made Elroux my main healer; though the two have swapped roles for me recently with Leary my healer now and Elroux DPS.

Wagner is great for DPS, being specialized in Attack and speed, plus the ever awesome Magnum. Before that, though, I had been using Calypso on Leary and Dante on Elroux for combo Augmented Cocytus shenanigans. I also taught Augmented Mana to my Calypso so they could combo with Light damage as well!

Spell combos really are strong in this game, at least before you get strong AAs. If you can reliably trigger the spell combo that is, which can be harder than you think. I've had the best luck with spell combos when the third character uses an item or guards that turn, since for whatever reason attacking or using any spell usually causes them to cast separately, even self buffs or basic attacks! I'm not sure why this is, or if it's just me..

Leary's weapon is probably my favorite in this game, the gun ring or whatever it's called. Drei 6 has an especially badass looking "gun" ring. The 'Bragg Peak model' looks crazy futuristic, you'd think changing elements would be a snap.

Almost done with Ch4, is there a NG+ on this game?

I'll be honest.

I tried the earlier Chaos Rings (1 & 2) and didn't like them at all. It reminded me of Infinity Blade, and not in a good way. This is a lot different, and is enjoyable for me. Needless to say, my knowledge of CR1/2 is basically zip aside from what I've read in this thread.

11. Humperdinck

Jun 6, 2015
    It's because critx2 is not a blue skill. When you fuse w Kepler normally it levels the character down so you will no longer have the lv60 skill until you level him back up to 60.

12. Ctown20

Jun 5, 2015
    It couldn't be any more different than infinity blade for me, it's like 12h am vs 12h pm

13. JustinS1985

JustinS1985 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2012
    Ah, Critx2 is a blue skill on the R version, I didn't realize the SR got critx2 naturally

14. Styr

Styr Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Just got my first Berserk Catalyst as a quest reward. Any thoughts on who I should put it on? Been thinking of Kojiro to replace Lock On, which I consider to be useless, rather than John Doe; I'm not sure if it would cause Emperor Mode to not work and he doesn't have much room for new skills as it is.

For those who haven't gotten far enough to see Catalysts, they are basically self-buffs that activate at the start of combat. I've seen Mental Wall Catalyst (Magic Reflect), and now Berserk Catalyst. Makes me wonder if Moonlight has a Catalyst as well.

I'm sure there are Catalysts for each stat, like Eggon for luck and Diamond for defense.

Most importantly, are these Catalysts rare or can multiple copies be acquired?

15. Ctown20

Jun 5, 2015
    #895 Ctown20, Jun 11, 2015
    I had Eggon, Diamond, Berserk, i have Tachyon Catalyst om Mother and Moonlight Catalyst on my Juliet. I think they're rare because i think they're from C-quests(hell, it might be one time only if i'm not wrong).

16. Midknight

Midknight Member

May 30, 2014
    Is there a compiled list of where to find certain gifts? I'm not sure where to find a blue V

17. Styr

Styr Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2015
    #897 Styr, Jun 11, 2015
    Gifts can be acquired from item sheets (Lucky Box section in the store); while exploring, these typically come from Golden chests, or beating bosses. If you purchase 'boxes' for item sets, you will always pull something "new" to that set. Since many items and gifts overlap, don't be surprised if you get Vin Brule or Chocolate for the Nth time.

Gifts aren't the only thing you can get in item sets, and you will find items and genes as well. Until you complete the item set (17/17) you won't get duplicate items from said set. Once you complete the box though, future pulls can be anything from the set. You also get a Rare - sometimes, Super Rare - Gene from completing a box for the first time. For example, by clearing the Blue Ocean box you get the R d'Artagan gene.

Another way of getting Gifts is from the Colisseum by earning points; each month has a new box, for twelve total Colisseum boxes. Granted, most of the boxes have a lot of overlap, the Colisseum is a good place to acquire 'beginner' gifts like basic spells such as Doga, Mana, Electra, etc etc. If you are really desperate, you can set your date forward in time to access all the boxes and get 'easy' Gifts, since after a point it takes a TON of points to get a reward. The Colisseum boxes change on the 15th iirc.

The later boxes in the game have better and better Gifts as you go.

You can also buy boxes with GP, although the set it pulls from is random and will not unlock new box sets on their own.

18. terrence92

terrence92 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Can you collect all the genes or is there no space after upgrading your storage?
    + is there a perk after completing the game and starting over? Because if that's the case, I should only start to collect every gene in the second game

19. Midknight

Midknight Member

May 30, 2014
    Thanks for the detailed post :)

20. Ctown20

Jun 5, 2015
    The best mass exp formula

VIP(x1.5) + Triple Eggons(x3.0) + Apple of the Flesh(x2.0) + Apple of the Eternity(x3.0) = MASS EXP MULTI(X27)= MASS INSTANT HIGH LV