Universal CHAOS RINGS III (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NaiveCynic, May 28, 2015.

1. Styr

Styr Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2015
    You unlock a dating sim when you finish Yae's quest, where you get to date her or one of her siblings and eventually marry into her family so you can have Ramen every day.

Just kidding.

2. zzandreezz

zzandreezz Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    USA
    After finishing the story I have been doing a little review with the previous Chaos Rings, there seems to be
    very little connection between CRIII and previous ones.
    There are some parts that I'm still curious about:
    1. Who exactly is Mariv? What's the postcredit scene all about?
    2. How is this game related to previous ones? sequel? prequel?
    3. Marble Blue= Earth? If so, is it the same Earth that the characters from CRII live in? Which means that there apart from the Entity, Qualia would be another destruction force exist in the universe.
    4. Who is Leon, Magna ( MC's parents) and why does MC contains such power? Is it inherited from his parents? Leons whereabouts?
    5. Is it significant to the storyline about the fact that Drei 6 survived?
    6. Will Alfred become Johannes? Moreover, his daughter looks like Musiea from CRI.
    7. Theia?? What's the relationship between the spaceship Theia in CRIII and "Theia" in CRI, CR Omega??
    So many questions unaswered:confused:

3. Lancelota

Lancelota Member

Jun 6, 2015
    Can someone explain about skill 'Head-Start Booster' ??
    What does this skill really do ??

I don't clear about that detail : 'Increase Likelihood of starting battle with preemptive strike'

4. LoLzM

LoLzM Member

May 31, 2015
    A preemptive strike is basically a free turn for your team. So getting head start booster increases you chances of getting a free turn over enemies.

5. Lancelota

Lancelota Member

Jun 6, 2015
    Thank you :) Nice one :)

6. Anakin0302

Anakin0302 Member

Jun 5, 2015
    How do you find the spider webs for the modding mission? Ive searched the world tree area but there's no sign of it. There are some places that im not able to get in right now, so does it mean i have to play the main story mode to unlock something to get access? Im on chapter 3

7. bajooong

bajooong Member

Jun 10, 2015
    At the first scene from world tree, go tall the woman in there. She mention about libra. And she is the one who spread about libra at world tree. She feel bad about it.

8. bajooong

bajooong Member

Jun 10, 2015
    I just got these 2 items. Is these items can create a zodiac arms ?

Attached Files:

9. Styr

Styr Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2015
    By the way, I've noticed that Head-Start Booster works even if it is equipped on your two 'spare' characters currently not battling. This assumes you have more than three characters and isn't always possible.

This is pretty useful since normally the fourth and fifth characters have zero influence in battle, but at least with this they can help get a free turn of damage in.

Also, this works with 'Alert' as well, which prevents enemies from getting a surprise attack on you (basically preemptive attack for monster).

Keep in mind, getting a preemptive strike in this game gives you a x1.5 damage boost along with a Break gauge boost, and getting preempted yourself by the enemy gives the enemy a large break gauge boost and increases their damage.

10. JustinS1985

JustinS1985 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2012
    How are people getting physical booster/emperor mode on john doe? Just farming magma ocean for them?

11. Styr

Styr Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2015
    #851 Styr, Jun 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
    Emperor Mode isn't a skill you can get on Magma Ocean, only passives like Element Boost/Resistance, Recovery x1.5, etc are available there.

People get Emperor Mode and such by using the recombination feature, and lots of patience.

For example, to get Emperor Mode for Shizuka Gozen:

You need SR Athena level 40 for Emperor Mode. Recombine with someone to get Ikkyu, I forgot who exactly.

Ikkyu can recombine with Amaterasu to create Shizuka Gozen.

For John Doe, Critical x2 should be one of the skills he inherits, for obvious reasons.

Here's a list of five-star SR abilities, courtesy of Evokerz:

SR Joan of Arc = lv.20: In the Pink, lv.40: Light Deluge, lv.60: Rally
    SR Gagarin = lv. 20: Mental Wall, lv.40: Advance Healing, lv.60: Unstoppable
    SR Artemis = lv.20: Natural Remedy, lv.40: Advance Odette, lv.60: Blue Moon Brave
    SR Wagner = lv.20: Adv Electra, lv.40: Magnum Fang, lv.60: Critical First Attack
    SR Agamemnon = lv.20: Moonlight Shadow, lv.40: Trompe III, lv.60: Effect Booster
    SR Dante = lv.20: Unstopptable, lv.40: Advance Cocytus, lv.60: Effect Booster
    SR Black Prince = lv.20: Emperor Mode, lv.40: Asura Lotus, lv.60: Effect Booster
    SR Athena = lv.20: Concentrate, lv.40: Emperor Mode, lv.60: Advance Aquinas
    SR Xuanzang = lv.20: Unstopptable, lv.40: Asura Lotus, lv.60: Narrow Escape
    SR Calypso = lv.20: Magic Counter, lv.40: Recovery x1.5, lv.60: Prime Recovery
    SR Kishibojin = lv.20: Advance Cremation, lv.40: Advance Doga, lv.60: Attribute Affection
    SR Seimei = lv.20: Moonlight Shadow, lv.40: Mental Wall, lv.60: Braveheart

Note, this list is only about the monthly five-star rares, not any others. As you can see Emperor Mode comes from Athena and Black Prince.

Magnum Fang is a great skill for Leary, it can do 36 attacks with her using a 6-hit weapon! Asura Lotus is also a good skill.

Unstoppable is extremely important for your healer, as being hit by a No-Skills attack on your healer can wreck you.

Honestly, don't rush trying to get hidden genes. If you evolve two Rares for a hidden gene like John Doe, you will get a much weaker result. Instead, evolve both pieces to SR first (Tsukuyomi and Jack for John Doe) for upgraded skills and then evolve them. You don't need to max them out as SRs if you plan to recombine them for a hidden gene, just get level 60 so you have access to all their SR skills. Then, when you combine them, the result is much stronger with advanced level skills.

12. ho1yski3s

ho1yski3s Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Uhh im stuck at Theia's Secret 2. what does the riddle mean? Daisuke's explanation didn't work for me. Use spoiler tags :)

13. Jeorges

Jeorges New Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Sorry if this has been answered before - only managed to get through around 20 pages before my mind wandered off; can anyone tell me where to get Alfred's Thousand Voyager outfit for the last Snapshot quest?

14. Spinda

Spinda Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2013
    #854 Spinda, Jun 11, 2015
    Pretty sure the preemptive strike doesn't give a damage boost. The damage boost comes from having an advantage with the Break Gauge.

Also the only thing a two SR combination affects that matters is more choices for the Blue Skills of the result. If you don't need the skills from the SR parents then there's really no point SRing the parents. All you need is max R parents for the result to be SR.

What rarity the parents are has no effect on anything else,except starting level but the effect is around 10 or so levels between max R and max SR parents.

15. Lancelota

Lancelota Member

Jun 6, 2015
    #855 Lancelota, Jun 11, 2015
    - Edit update image post below -

16. Styr

Styr Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2015
    #856 Styr, Jun 11, 2015
    I thought I needed to breed Emperor Mode onto my Rare Ikkyu to get it on Shizuka, but it seems like Ikkyu gets it anyway as an SR.

I say this because I'm trying to evolve my R Ikkyu with Emperor Mode into SR Ikkyu and she 'loses' Emperor Mode as an innate skill. This can only mean one thing: she gets it on her own, since you cannot inherit a skill the parent learns.

Now I feel like an idiot for leveling another Athena just for Emperor Mode that didn't even matter in the end.

Wish there was a database of all SR skills, alas.

Does anyone know what the 'Trade' skill is that Evokerz spoke of? It seems like it allows you to swap a debuff on your character onto an enemy, but I haven't seen hide nor hair of this skill.

Edit: decided to throw caution to the wind and fuse my R Ikkyu with my SR Amaterasu. Going with Magic Block and Emperor Mode as my Innate skills. Are those good enough?

17. Lancelota

Lancelota Member

Jun 6, 2015
    This's my current team right now

Shizuka Gozen (Healer)
    Physical Block & Magic Block : will make character block both of physic and magic attack
    Magnum Fang : The best charge gauge skill (Use with Leary can attack more than 20 times / 1 time for kill eggon)

Kojiro (Physical Attack)
    Magnum Fang & Physical Boost : Damage boost to Magnum Fang
    Afterthought guard & Physical Shield : Same as previous post , make character to be tanker

Juliet (Sub + Magical attack)
    Venom kiss : give negative status to enemy
    Moonlight Catalyst & Intuit : avoid attack and counter attack

Attached Files:

• a2.jpg
      a2.jpg
      File size:
      122.5 KB
      Views:
  18. Styr

Styr Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2015
    How did you get Magnum Fang on Shizuka?

19. Lancelota

Lancelota Member

Jun 6, 2015
    From (SR) Wagner fuse to Ikkyu :)

20. Evokerz

Evokerz Active Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Trade skill is to trade any buff/debuff on your char onto an enemy and vice versa.

Example:
    1. Boss A cast Emperor mode on self, you (with no buff or what so ever) cast Trade to the boss A, what will happen here is you gain Emperor mode and boss A will be without any buff on him.

2. Another scenario: you have poison debuff and attack buff, boss B does not have any buff/debuff.
    You cast trade onto the boss B, the result will be you cleared of any poison debuff and attack buff while Boss B have poison debuff and attack buff on him.

Even if boss B immune to poison skill, he WILL still get the poison debuff regardless.
    Unlike Stress skill, poison will constantly dmg 10% of total initial engagement HP which means constant poison in 10 round will kill the enemy off.

As far as I know, the only char with Trade skill is only Iseult.