Universal CHAOS RINGS III (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NaiveCynic, May 28, 2015.

1. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    How are the graphics? They look pretty good in videos but I wanna hear from people who have played it on the 6,6+

2. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    I’m still downloading for an hour or so
    Need me to post a screenshot or sumthin?
    I’ve the 6+

I heard that out got blurry asset and blocky finger I haven’t seen them for myself though

3. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Thanks for the responses everyone. Maybe it's time I unjailbreak just to try playing this. Don't know if I can live without iCleaner though.

4. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    image.jpg

im on a 6 plus and yeah some what blurry, not black bars but there is borders from that ss at least, and not iphone 6/+ optimized despite it saying so in the description. :0 time to actually play and find out though

5. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    # dude
    Hope it will be updated in the future...
    Is the screen bordered like that even when we’re playing the game?

6. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    No it's not bordered. Only the menu screen is for some reason. Hambo I'm curious why you didn't go past the menu :)

7. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    This is out on android since last year!!! Just why i didn't realize it sooner... great game!! That filesize tho ;)

8. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Don't quote me on this but the Android version was fully Japanese and they just updated their version with a language patch (iOS is just a completely new app, not an update). Me and some others have been stalking the app stores for it so we've seen the Android one but I don't think it was in English until today. Did you start playing Chaos?

Btw I'm enjoying all the customization they added that the other CR didn't have. Name your hero, name your squad, name your favorite food (which in turn becomes an actual item ;) ). This game is glorious. I love choosing my own responses to conversations too, though I'm sure they don't actually affect any outcome of the game.

I'm totally cool with the file size as long as it means a lengthy game and lots to do + graphics.

9. JarvisDelta

JarvisDelta Member

Dec 21, 2012
    So, can anyone confirm that this is actually a Chaos Rings game, and not just an RPG (albeit good one) that Square Enix slapped the recognizable brand name onto? From what I can gather from comments and previews, the graphic style is completely different, the battle system is completely changed, and the story is completely unrelated. I loved delving deeper into the mythology of the previous three games, so I'm pretty disappointed by the initial impressions, even if the game itself is great...

10. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Shaun said that the story will take darker tone
    It’s just the visual style that’s bright and different
    Just finished downloading and fire up the game it’s totally gorgeous aside for some blurryness on 6+ but that doesn’t bother me at all, no blackbars #

If you’re on the fence just wait for Shaun review
    He said he’ll post a review of the game today

11. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    So you won't buy a good RPG unless it directly relates to Chaos Rings? Tbh, if this was named something else I still would've bought it since a good game is a good game regardless.

And what initial impressions are you disappointed about? I don't see anything bad on initial impressions unless you talking about the mild blurriness.

12. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Sure, I'll confirm it. I've finished the whole thing, and while it has a markedly different tone on the whole from the other CR games, I think it still retains enough to consider it part of the series. In fact, I think it's far closer to the other CR games than the average FF mainline game is to any other FF game. It explores similar themes, goes for a darker tone than many RPGs, keeps the same magic/item names, elemental weaknesses, and a similar combat system. The break gauge is still vital, and while you have more members on your team, team-up attacks still occur. It's not completely separated narratively, either, but I don't want to spoil anything. Media.Vision created the series and has done every installment. They didn't just slap the name on for giggles, I promise.

13. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    I don't know what it is but i feel slightly dissappointed. The game is beautiful but playing a bit into it I can't get into the characters like I did with CR2. Not a negative rant just not feeling the same hype I felt when playing CR2. I really hope I like this game

14. geno11233

Nov 29, 2013
    Really looking forward to the review Shaun #

15. geno11233

Nov 29, 2013
    Quick question though. Does your armor or weapons appearances change when equipping differ stuff?

16. hyuei

hyuei Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2012
    Male
    #76 hyuei, May 29, 2015
    Last edited: May 29, 2015
    Oh my god this is such a surprise. I've been waiting for this since it came from the first time!! Keep checking SE's account for any update and FINALLY!!!
    Already bought and WOW, this is what I've been waiting for. Full fledged rpg on my iphone!! And I really doesn't mind the blocky image, because it makes it lighter to process and I'm able to play it on my 4s with no problem!!

Keep making this kind of game, SE! :D

17. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    you can check my video on previous page back. i record the gameplay on iphone 6 plus.

18. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Holy shit u really finished the game??? I thought it was out only yesterday? U did nothing but this game

19. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    LOL he played the Japanese version it’s been out months ago

20. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    What Dr. Mad said, haha. The game came out in October in Japan. I think I finished it by Halloween? Something like that. That said, I started a new file on the English one yesterday and have put about seven or eight hours in, then went back to my main file to see how the ending/late game stuff looked in English.