Universal CHAOS RINGS III (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NaiveCynic, May 28, 2015.

1. Humperdinck

Humperdinck Active Member

Jun 6, 2015
    #701 Humperdinck, Jun 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
    Hi everyone, may I please ask what your favourite dungeons are in the game?

Thank you for answering :)

Edit: Please add spoiler tag if you are answering this. Thank you.

2. Mattosai

Mattosai Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    #702 Mattosai, Jun 9, 2015
    You already quoted an awesome skill on Artemis (gaining natural remedy , advanced odette, blue moon brave in SR) : Stress : one of the most powerful spells of the game, ennemy is losing 20% of remaining health : ie : can do 20k+ damage on 130/140 bosses , Gilgamesh (having all the advanced single target nukes by default) can also have this one (and i recommend strongly to take it, replacing one his nukes, some long fights can be a breeze, with this skill) ;)

For physical skills Kojiro (Magnum fang, plenty of physical resilient skills), John Doe (asura lotus, crit x2, full imu, unstoppable, ice and dark skills) are also awesome (but those are 5 stars genes that requires specific combinations : ie my combination list around page 40 ~~" ) , Juliet and Cleopatra for Darkness and Thunder are quite nice too (same here).

Athena and Calypso are must have that's a given (Calypso is still one of my favs genes even far later in the game)

3. Styr

Styr Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2015
    #703 Styr, Jun 9, 2015
    Thanks for the advice! Currently leveling Artemis now. I've already taken a screenshot of your hidden gene combinations and am using it to plot what to craft.

I'll work on getting Kojiro and John Doe asap - Asura Lotus has been something I've been trying to get. I've also seen some people using Shizuka Gozen as their healer with tanky innate skills, so I may have to give that a go too.

Right now I'm just doing the bunch of side quests to unlock everyone's AA #2, aka 3-3 post-that. Hopefully when I hit Ch4 I'll be able to get some of the rarer Genes so I can start working on the 13 hidden genes.

I don't really know enough about all the monthly five-* rares, aside from the main ones I use. I had hoped that by centralizing the info on the 'monthly rares' other people could help bring in more info about people that have tried the more uncommon ones and their abilities as SRs.

This game has a surprising amount of depth, I'll say that much.

4. Mattosai

Jan 11, 2010
    #704 Mattosai, Jun 9, 2015
    Well Shizuka Gozen (in my case) have : Song of offering (i plan to replace this with rakasha's gift, we'll see) , physical block (still nice) , format (all), aug aquinas / aug cremation (parent) , beautiful rain (need to think to replace format (all) skill cause it heals and removes status effect too... , that's the problem i'm having with her, i probably did a wrong choice somewhere) , and the famous : emperor mode (parent gene)

She's indeed a good gene.

You unlock some genes @chap 4 (yellow gift genes, like Gilgamesh ^^, ) you get also a nice gene with asura lotus but i'll keep silent here ;)

5. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    If anyone answers this you NEED spoiler tags.

@Lessica: thanks for replying. Sorry I didn't see your eariler post. I posted on this thread a lot on the beginning and read every single post but since multiple people are power boosting and speeding through the game, the spoilers are on the rampage here. I've already read some mild spoilers before I got to the point in the story.

So all in all, I wanted to post and share my tips but I'd rather not risk spoiling myself. Even someone saying dungeon names are spoilers as they tie into where the group will travel next. I guess people here assume everyone is as far ahead at the game as them. Or they're not in the game for the story so they don't care about spoilers.

Thanks to anyone that has been tagging spoilers.

6. Buffy6

Buffy6 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    My 4* SR Ikkyu knows Emperor mode, and I've never had a SR Athena. Is that something special? Or do other genes learn it? Just wondering since everyone always mentions Athena.

7. Mattosai

Jan 11, 2010
    #707 Mattosai, Jun 9, 2015
    I agree, that's why i wished for a FAQ at the beginning , there is 2 main problems with this topic , the first : 70 pages topic (and counting) : 90% of people here are asking the same questions every 5 pages cause they don't read the topic (can understand this) , mainly with the snow drop thingy...

On the other hand reading the whole post is also taking the risk of encountering advanced infos or big story spoils (well in my case in was not spoiled here but when i was downloading chapters at the start of the game, thanks Square for putting all characters and seiyuus when downloading >-> )

Imo there should be 2 topics cause it's too hazardous here, one with questions about chapters / story etc with spoilers for newcomers , and a second topic with full info (like a faq) , on genes skills stats, special encounter dates , tips ...

Sorry if you felt spoiled by some of my posts i try to avoid speaking of the story as much as possible (used spoiler tag when it was the case), just gene / tips i could share (mainly how to get some genes).

8. Styr

Styr Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2015
    I don't really consider locations themselves to be spoilers. You see plenty of crazy landscapes in the intro of the game. It's pretty obvious we visit certain locations as is. Simply naming them doesn't imply anything beyond that, yes, we do visit them and the intro wasn't lying.

Plot related spoilers? I totally agree.

9. JustinS1985

JustinS1985 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2012
    I asked this a few pages back, but I guess no one saw it or knew. Where in the final dungeon do you find the gold chests for item sheet/gilgamesh items? I've run to the end of the area 4-5 times and not seen anything, I've done a decent job exploring the rest and I'm not seeing anything there either, so it must be something obvious I'm missing. Thanks!

10. ArcKhaYhouza

ArcKhaYhouza Member

Jun 3, 2015
    Okay thank you for helpin me!

11. ArcKhaYhouza

ArcKhaYhouza Member

Jun 3, 2015
    image.jpg
    This is my current team right now, but i have joan of arc, artemis, athena, calypso, gagarin. Just to name few 5* rares. Those are the only rare 5* i have right now

12. killn

killn New Member

Jun 9, 2015
    guys do you know anything about a episode 5?

13. DarthSlim

DarthSlim Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2010
    I have a question for those of you who are further along in the game (I'm currently at the beginning of chapter 3): Once you get five members in your party, is it better to rotate them in and out and level them all evenly, or mainly stick with your best 3? I know all your party members gain exp from battles, but the ones who actually did the fighting seem to gain more exp than the bench players.

14. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    May I know why is my arena limited to level 9 how do I unlock further levels? The special battle starts at a higher level which I can't complete

15. Lessica

Lessica Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2015
    You need to complete 3 quests (
    Theia's Secret 1, 2, and 3
    ). Each unlocks a room with a gold chest.

I'd like one to explain certain things, but, no, I haven't heard of an episode 5.

I do most of my leveling with triple Eggons, so I don't think it matters too much. If you wanted to maximize EXP, I guess you could rotate the genes (since they are what get leveled, not the characters). I just keep the same 3 characters as my battling party (
    Leary, Elroux, and Al/MC. I don't use Daisuke much.
    ) and rotate genes as necessary.

It might have to do with your story progress or you haven't beaten the lower level matches yet. I actually fell behind in Arena battles since I focused on the story so I can't tell you anything for certain.

16. JustinS1985

JustinS1985 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2012
    Thank you so much! I thought I was going insane

17. sorryformyenglish

Jun 9, 2015
    just save... this applies for the monthly 5star genes

Everything not saved will be lost.- Nintendo Wii

18. sorryformyenglish

Jun 9, 2015
    which part can i find johannes and gilgamesh? also im still looking for juliet and cleopatra

19. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Please delete :)

20. killn

killn New Member

Jun 9, 2015
    "I'd like one to explain certain things, but, no, I haven't heard of an episode 5."

about the end
    well we dont even know who auz is and they talked about a even bigger threat then the etenity and it was questioned if it was even the best choise (or is there some kind of secret ending?