Universal CHAOS RINGS III (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NaiveCynic, May 28, 2015.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Can you guys watch out with telling people what's in the later chapters? For an RPG those are definitely spoilers.

It's obvious that if you use reset tricks, you'll be more powerful more quickly and be able to get through the game faster but not everyone will do this.

Please be considerate.

2. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Just combined my rates into super rares, and at level 30 took out 3 level 71 eggons... 15000+ exp :) which took them up 8 levels.

If I can get my hands on that level 80 armor special armor, with the 40 percent phys resistance I'll be able to go against even higher levels of eggons...

I'm thinking about leveling up the rare cards I get....

So leveling up to max can improve rarity, what about stars? I'm wondering if I should have keplar'd my 5 star rares...but I don't have many good skill item adds to use yet...well, there are more super rares to get yet.

Do super rares keep getting skills past level 60 and you get to choose/remove others? It would help knowing which genes to combine.

3. Spinda

Spinda Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2013
    #503 Spinda, Jun 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
    If people don't want to reset then it's as simple as spending all coins on keys and completing cards.

I easily beat the last boss of Episode 1 with Gift Weapons and Accesories and story mode shop Armor using 4* Genes that I just put on at the start of the area (meaning they started at level 1)

Then those genes, the other 4* genes I got from area cards, and the genes the game gave me carried my party all the way to the end of the game. Didn't need to touch the 5* genes I got from boxes except for some of the boss battles where winning is optional. Or anything I got from Battle Mode, except the times when I used the rare item powerup to just get a rare item in the colleseum for a quest.

And this is with no grinding other than whatever I fought on quests. And I only did a few D Hunt quests at the beginning (plus all the XP I got on those quests went to my 5*'s) Even the XP from the Eggon quests went to my 5*'s. So those 4*'s were underleveled.

So even without resetting, getting to the end of the game doesn't take long if the player spends Ohz coins smartly.

4. yongkykun

yongkykun Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    3D Animator
    Indonesia
    I'm a straight bloke but I definitely would kiss the guy who came up with the mocktopus solution! Thank you!!!

Have to say that this is the best iPad app I've purchased so far. Akin to Kingdom Hearts series more than previous CR games. Which is why I named my team Team Sora.

Already on 3rd episode and yet have only mastered 3 cards in total. I know, lame. But the game feels way too easy already using 3 rare cards with 2 2* and 1 1* at lv 40s.

Any pointer as to how to level them up fast and what does the keppler card do actually? Got me 2 full starred athena and don't know what to do with them. Suggestion?

5. Amore

Amore New Member

Jun 6, 2015
    Mother

When can I find Lili bell and Snowball? Can anyone pinpoint directions.

6. imuddy

imuddy Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Beat the game and pretty much collect all gifts in the cards. Its the last obtainable gene right now? As pretty much the best gene.

7. Anakin0302

Anakin0302 Member

Jun 5, 2015
    #507 Anakin0302, Jun 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
    How do you combine to create a SR gene? Do you have to finish certain subquests to unlock main quests? What is the max level of a gene card?

8. DivineHate

DivineHate Member

Jun 6, 2015
    Hello,

Now where do you actually get the purple III gift? I checked the magma ocean, the sunflower, and the airship box and there was no said gift?! I was only able to find the purple II gift (Gemini) in the magma box but i am not looking for this one. Please help me i want to create the Qin Shi Huang SR Gene, but i am missing this one last Gift. I want a correct and precise answer. Or what am i doing wrong??

Huge thank you to anyone who can really help me in advance.

9. Pivi

Pivi Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2013
    Finally I've finished the main story. During chapters 1-3 I thought that this has the weakest story out of the CR games, but chapter 4 made up for it, and it's easily on par with CR2 now. I still prefer the story of CR1, and the generally darker atmosphere of CR1/2, but this was good too.

I restarted the game as soon as I finished the story, since I want to get the optional fate seal items from the hard battles. :)

10. LoLzM

LoLzM Member

May 31, 2015
    About Stars

Why do people keep saying that stars can't be changed? When I first got Beowolf, it was a 2star card. When I got it at later map though, it became 3stars.

11. yongkykun

yongkykun Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    3D Animator
    Indonesia
    I reckon if it isn't the same card then you're just randomly got the same card with a higher star rating.

12. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    It didn't become 3 stars. You just found a higher star version of the same card.

13. savvy

savvy Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Do they explain what they're used for? I just started chap 4. Bummer if I need em all to complete a quest or something cuz I'm sure I missed a few

14. Pivi

Pivi Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2013
    I think they're just trophies for winning some battles we're not supposed to win. I don't think there're missabbles in this game that are crucial for quests.

15. Pivi

Pivi Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2013
    Guys what are the most useful genes for post-game? I've used Agamemnon, Calypso and Jean of Arc as my main three, these're all from the monthly gene box, but what are the strongest, most useful SR genes out there?

Also if a gene is story related, then please use spoiler tags!

16. savvy

savvy Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2012
    I hope that is the case. If not, I don't mind replaying a 100% run. Game too good.

One thing that's been bugging me is that one chest before the ark entrance. I have no idea how to open it. I figured its an important item cuz it spawns every time. Does that have to do with the coliseum lucky draw? Or is it safe to assume that all it does is increase the chances of getting 'error's when teleporting?

17. robotrigger

robotrigger Active Member

Feb 4, 2014
    No one knows how to get higher level battle mode fights? I thought there was tournaments higher than level 100 that you could get to, but I completed all that was available to me :(

18. FutureWorld

FutureWorld Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Getting A's in HS D:
    Summoner's Rift
    Jack The Ripper

Does anyone know where to find this card? I know I can convert my gifts into Jack the Ripper (R) for the gene but I used my Blue V on Tsukuyomi hoping that I would find another Blue V opening and completing some World Boxes, but I haven't had any luck getting Blue V or getting Jack for finishing the like 3 World Boxes.

Does anyone know where I can get a Jack The Ripper Gene (R), I need it for my John Doe (SR) D:, I already got Lionheart and Kamehameha, so I wanted another SR 5* gene. Thanks for your suggestions. :)

19. FutureWorld

FutureWorld Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Getting A's in HS D:
    Summoner's Rift
    Basically. Oh, btw if you don't notice this just hover over the blacked out text to see what you need to find.

20. imuddy

imuddy Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Its a bunch of key items with no actual purpose. More or less an achievement.