Universal CHAOS RINGS III (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NaiveCynic, May 28, 2015.

1. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Guys should I but the equipment from the special store (20ohnz)?

And what do you think about the vip pass?
    I just bought it....

My team is level 20 still in 1-2 with 20 hours playtime

2. terrence92

terrence92 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2013
    I have 3 genes maxed out in 10 hours, you should buy the special equipment and maybe advance a little bit more in to the game

3. lee_ya18

lee_ya18 Member

Aug 8, 2014
    The special store equipments change your look, it's cool but I don't recommend buying them too early, coz they will sell better equipments later in the game. Save your ohnz for gene box (there are two 5-star R card which you may draw each month if you're lucky enough) and the gold key (you'll get 4-star R card once you collect all the 17 gifts in a dungeon).

4. Mattosai

Mattosai Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Did anyone got genes between n°87 and 99 in the Index ? are those end game genes ? beginning to check if those are not fusion gems only in case.

5. terrence92

terrence92 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2013
    How do the attatchements work? I can't seem to attach them to genes/equipment

6. lee_ya18

lee_ya18 Member

Aug 8, 2014
    There's a closed shop in District 18, it will open on chapter 2. And you can only attach them to equipments, can't attach them to genes.

7. Spinda

Spinda Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2013
    The only point of the special weapons is to increase the damage of spells. So it's not a completely bad purchase.

But the special armor is pretty bad. Just beat the special bosses. 20 coins is better spent buying Genes to increase Team Level and get 5* Genes. Or complete area cards using keys which gives Genes to fuse to increase team level.

8. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Oh it took forever seeing that I'm only level 12 and 1-2 or 3 when I took it on haha
    But yeah the equipment you can buy for 20 ohnz coins seems wayyy better. Some of the heavy weapons look really awesome too.

My advice for this event is all out ice attacks if you can.

9. jaolen

jaolen Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Fire attacks are completely blocked as well - even normal attacks if you have Floodgate :/

10. Spinda

Spinda Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2013
    So spend 20 coins on armor that the boss you're fighting will drop a better version of anyway? As opposed to buying 5 Geneboxes for a shot at a 5* Gene? Or completely filling out the first area's card which guarantees a 4* Rare Gene. (Which happens to be a Ice Gene)

11. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    This worked!!!! Thank you so much. Time to continue this gem!

12. jaolen

jaolen Member

Dec 11, 2010
    As a heads up - I've gotten through to SQEX support, and they first suggested for me to throw away my 20 hour save-game because of lack of cloud saves - when I told them that was unacceptable, I received this reply:

We have already escalated the issue to our Tier 3 team who will be looking into the problem. Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

So hopefully, there's a fix coming soonish, even if *WE* know how to get around it.

13. Mattosai

Jan 11, 2010
    #313 Mattosai, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
    About shopping advices :

To be simple : coins shop stuff is often very good, boosting / protecting (armor/weap) 2 elements without counterpart (20/30/40/50 coins stuff btw so know it don't stop @20 , it unlocks while playing, 50 coins weapons are 50% boost for 2 elements, you can add a 3rd when the modding shop is open, it's nice cause you can use up to 3 types of genes or hybrid genes with some confortable boost)

Special battle stuff in arena on the other hand, is often boosting a lot (or protecting against) an element but with some counterparts, less phys/magical resistance for armors, less magical damage (maybe physical later) for weapons, the last armor tier (130 fights against rivals) , for example is -20 physical -20 magical +90 protection against one element. Sooo... i'm not a big fan , it may prove useful on specific fights but i'll say i put them for look purpose :b

Overall , the key of the game is having the good stuff boosting the good genes type against ennemies, most end game fight will require specific gene / stuff to beat some bosses while it's not that important for the most part of the game : that's a lot of Keplers to get (you can get only in genes boxes, one more reason to get them) to craft those 4/5 R genes into SR ones.

On coins, my advice is : getting the 2 monthly rare genes first, those are often powerful , more genes > better team level , then if you are overflowing with coins (...) you can : try to get more Kepler genes or buy some stuff, imo the best bet here are trinkets, there are no really good trinkets you can find (even in gifts), while coins trinkets are boosting all stats (with some variations on each tier.)

Still trying to find the 87-99 genes in the gene index, don't have a clue what it can be (beginning to have a good collection, here and there but there's a big hole here)

14. Mattosai

Jan 11, 2010
    #314 Mattosai, Jun 2, 2015
    double post. (to delete sorry)

15. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Thanks for the tips everyone. I'm glad we can have a good discussion here. There's way more depth here than most RPGs and the gameplay really reminds me of Persona.

Anyhow, please be considerate if you're ahead in the game and use spoiler marks if you want to mention something spoiler-y :)

16. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    #316 Candykiller, Jun 2, 2015
    Could someone please help me with something?
    I'm trying to do Lachesis the modder tutorial quest and I need rainbow spiderwebs to continue. How do you get the rainbow spiderwebs? It says to try searching the parasite trees growing on the world tree, but I can't figure out what I am meant to be doing.

EDIT - Never mind about my help question, I managed to find what I was looking for while doing a different quest.

17. imuddy

imuddy Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    I hope its future events or dlc for chapter 5. At the same time I can't find the event that gives the highest tier lightning weapon.

18. Mattosai

Jan 11, 2010
    There's a curious fact that really made me think CR III was on a classic f2p model game before being premium with currency (coins) being earned with quests.

Some SR cards you find (not talking of lower level cards that have N and R variants) , when you check the index, you have a different text desciption of those for the lower rarities, N and R , not talking of the aspect of battle mode with events, gacha boxes in shop etc... exactly what you have in most f2p card games, with stars and all... well , at least it's cool this time :eek:)

@Imuddy : about the "missing genes", did you tried exploring all the levels of
    Magma Ocean ? Dunno if there is some reward for doing the 50 levels (if i recall there is 50 levels... the level design is quite boring however ^^' that's 13 missing Genes, i though it could be the zodiac signs at start but those are already there as gifts... Chapter 5 is also a possibility, drei 9 and the strange tatooed man are still here :b

19. burningzenithx

Nov 1, 2011
    Austin, TX
    I didn't want to spoil it any more than I already may have, but the enemy is located to the left of the house in the forgotten village. I felt rather stupid for not seeing it sooner but had been navigating more by the map than actually looking around that particular area.

20. burningzenithx

Nov 1, 2011
    Austin, TX
    True, but it was dungeons that I had in mind. I wish there was a way to instantly restore MP in a dungeon without using an item.