Universal CHAOS RINGS III (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NaiveCynic, May 28, 2015.

1. burningzenithx

Nov 1, 2011
    Austin, TX
    #281 burningzenithx, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
    Has anyone done the daily quest "Unknown Story" (level 35) yet. I'm having difficulty finding the enemy I need to hunt for it in the Winter Wonderland area. The orange arrows lead me to the blizzard area that has no map and when I come out into the Forgotten Village area i'm greeted by blue arrows indicating the target enemy isn't there. This suggests to me the enemy is located in the blizzard area, but I see no visible enemy in there so I'm wondering if it's actually a random encounter in that area. Anyone have any experience with this quest?

Update: found it!

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Glad to hear people getting past the crash. Now more people can chat about the game here.

I haven't checked that often since after I had that occur I mostly gave up on focusing on my fight order in-battle and focusing on weighing down characters instead (which seems to work more consistently - only downside is that enemies will be faster than you). I do remember on some fights I did the same method multiple times to see if it would change but it would always push the mage to the end if I was attempting a finisher. If I went all normal attacks, the attack order completely changed. I'm not sure why.

3. Spinda

Spinda Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2013
    #283 Spinda, Jun 2, 2015
    Two things determine the order of actions, first is the action itself the second is the Speed/Weight stuff. Speed/Weight is self explanatory, while actions have different modifiers.

Healing Items almost always go first, any non-damage Ability (Buffs/Healing) give a bonus to initiative, while using a damage ability usually slows the character down, magical spells usually slowing characters down more than physical abilities.

Getting hit by a Critical or Weakness will send the character/enemy to the end of the turn.

Also there's stuff like Pre-emptive and End of Turn abilities which obviously occur at the start and end of a turn (with the order of two Pre-emptive attacks determined by the users' speed)

4. Spinda

Spinda Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2013
    #284 Spinda, Jun 2, 2015
    QFigured might as well start a new post for this.

I've been looking into Fusing, and I'm starting to see a pattern to this. If you separate the Genes into groups depending on their location in the Index (Usually the groups are by 6 Elements and an optional non-elemental) if you fuse a Gene from a particular group to one from another group, the result will almost always be a Gene from a third group or near each other in the Index.

So with that you can probably predict how to get every Gene through Fusion if you have at least a Gene from each group. And no, just to head off the most obvious question, I haven't found the groups that result in 5*'s groups.

Also fusing elemental pairs always seems to result in a particular element.

Using the first letter of each element (L,D,E,B,F,I,Non), also order doesn't seem to matter

Non + Any Element = That Element
    Any Element + Same Element = That Element

L+D = Non
    L+E = F
    L+B = F
    L+F = D
    L+I = B

D+E = I
    D+B = L
    D+F = I
    D+I = E

E+B = F
    E+F = L
    E+I = B

B+F = I
    B+I = D

F+I = E

Oh and a possible lead on 5* fusions.

2* Elemental + 2* Non-Elemental = 3* Elemental

5. imuddy

imuddy Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Is there some level of consensus in what is causing the crash? It is a shame to see a game like this getting 3 1/2 stars due to technical issues.

This is now one of my top 3 RPG on my phone. I think its the combination of story, voice acting, and music that really draws you in. This is full console quality story and i'm so glad its not freemium. Anyone know if the Japanese version got any DLC or extra story after release?

6. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    I beat the special battle in battle mode (took forever!!! Even with ice moves And ares amazingly awesome move) and got the favorite jacket :) It's weight is +11 then my other cloths. Making my weight 22, is that much really that bad?

7. Spinda

Spinda Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2013
    #287 Spinda, Jun 2, 2015
    If it took you really long to kill that boss, then it probably is.

But, it's still probably the best armor you could use to take on that set of Special Battles.

8. kincaid

kincaid Member

Nov 18, 2011
    The Boss for Super Rare equipment in August or September(I don't remember exactly) is level 130. I have 3 max level 100 5 stars SR and it beats the crap out of me if I fight without lifeline boost:..

9. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    I just buy a cup pass i think it’s worth it...
    Or did I doing something stupid?

10. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Why are u guys talking about weight? Is that important in this game?

11. Spinda

Spinda Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2013
    Weight matters when Team and Gene level is low, meaning Speed is low. So Weight will eat away at Speed which means enemies will go ahead of your party, making it easier for them to pile on the damage.

At higher levels, it shouldn't matter significantly

12. Lorexae

Lorexae New Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Sir, you are a fu**ing genius! It works! Love you <3

13. Nils

Nils Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2009
    #293 Nils, Jun 2, 2015
    Where?

14. Nils

Nils Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2009
    #294 Nils, Jun 2, 2015
    Where?
    Found it!

15. Yerti1

Yerti1 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 8, 2012
    Being in town automatically refills MP in story mode.

16. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    You guys are good :) I'm not even that far into the game. 1-4 actually. And I can't beat ONE special battle. Even with my super awesome genes. I won't rush it though. It's not an online freemium game where once I miss it it's gone. Maybe it'll take another year to rotate (?) but it looks like there's cool stuff every month so I'm not too upset I'm going slow. I don't want to power level myself to beat the special battles then make the story mode too easy.

And weight definitely factors into power. I noticed my guys were pretty weak since I've only bought a couple equips from the shop since the start of the game. Bought some new heavy weapons and heavy armor and my damage has nearly doubled. I do unfortunately get pounded on by enemies early in the matches but it's a trade off. Weight is good and bad. It's not all bad.

17. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    It's strange.
    I loved Chaos Rings, Chaos Rings 2 was so lala, Omega was meh and because of that downward spiral, I sadly have no interest in Chaos Rings 3.

18. Spinda

Spinda Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2013
    You can always keep a set of genes for Story Mode.

19. terrence92

terrence92 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Just finished episode 1 with the equiped genes to max level (30) what an awesome game... Hope there is much more to be found in the next episodes :D (downloading as I speak haha).

20. terrence92

terrence92 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Your team level will increase all parameters actually and this is the only permanent way to increase your MP ;)