Universal CHAOS RINGS III (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NaiveCynic, May 28, 2015.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Okay that seems to confirm what I was seeing. The ending attack must be a regular attack. And it can't kill the target (which I find weird, since its called a finisher).

Also I'm confused about some of the turn orders. I tried to manually create the finisher by examining the turn order of my characters. However I noticed even when using guard to try and stop certain characters from acting, the game would rearrange the move orders of my own so that the magic would attack last. For instance I see the turn order is "normal attack - magic attack critical - magic attack normal". I would try and guard one of my characters so I can get "guard - magic critical - finsher" manually based on the turn orders I observed. However when I input the commands, the game would go "guard - normal attack - magic critical." As if trying to not give me the last move. I'm not sure what factors into this.

2. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    After a few more tries it worked for me too. I had to pause the game exactly before crashing, with the entire message on the screen.
    iPad iOS 8.1 here

@redbanshee, you are my today hero #

3. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Omg!!!!!!!!! Yes!

I paused it right after the gurgle gurgle! And just kept it paused. I waited...and then switched out but immediately went back in and continued and went into battle. I don't think switching out is necessary even. Yay! I was getting ready to down load the Japanese version...

4. Spinda

Spinda Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2013
    Does it always happen? Or only sometimes? Because I get the feeling there's still a random modifier to a character's "initiative" I've seen it happen in previous Chaos Ring games, same set of actions but different order.

5. DahakaJR

DahakaJR Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    I drive trains, Locomotive Engineer.
    Pacific Northwest.
    Can confirm, worked for me. iPad Air, latest iOS.

Just paused surfed net couple minutes, back to game and BAM, fight continued on.

Awesome find and thanks!

6. redbanshee

redbanshee Member

Jun 1, 2015
    I also have iPad air 8.3 strange

7. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Tried a bunch. Too bad. I refunded for now (my first refund ever) I may get later if it's updated. What I played was good.

8. Yerti1

Yerti1 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 8, 2012
    Took a few tries but it worked! The time it worked showed me logging back into Game Center. I had tried pausing already but never thought of minimizing and doing other things for a bit. Thank you so much!

9. jaolen

jaolen Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Yeah. It's a null pointer in some openGL code - I'm guessing pausing causes it to skip a few frames, or something, skipping the GL filter code somehow. (When I got to that point on my iPhone 5S - same processors even, the screen got a little brighter at that point.)

10. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Great detective work! Wonder if a similar problem caused mine to crash on launch before I switched languages to get it to start up.

11. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    At first I felt a bit disappointed with the course of the game but now after 10 plus hours the game is awesome. Really enjoying this game. So much content

12. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    #272 smegly, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
    I'm also on a 4S.

4S, as mentioned above, and 8.3. Based on the other people's circumstances who have posted here, I don't think the device and iOS version have much to do with this problem.

I paused when gurgle gurgle was on screen.

One thing that I think might be helpful to point out for those this didn't work for is that when I returned to the game after trying redbanshee's process, the game was still in the pause screen. If you do enough stuff outside of CRIII that the program gets reset to title on re-entry, it won't work. Conversely, I suspect that if you just exit out and go right back in, it probably won't work either since pausing in the cutscene without some sort of departure from the game process doesn't do anything. So, perhaps there's a fine line in terms of how much other stuff you do on your device in the interim. I'd suggest playing around with it a bit before giving up on the game at this point.

13. robotrigger

robotrigger Active Member

Feb 4, 2014
    Has anyone figured out how to fuse abilities onto Kepler? I assume I would then fuse Keller onto one of my 5 star genes... But can't figure out how to add them on him to begin with!

14. Nikos

Nikos Active Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Really glad I purchased this game. I'm a few hours in and I'm really enjoying it. It's refreshing to not have to deal with F2P mechanics.

I'm taking my iPhone to Apple in a couple of days, due to some issues, and might end up with a replacement. A full backup and restore in iTunes will keep my progress, right? Cloud saving is the only feature I would have liked to see here.

15. imuddy

imuddy Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    The game really gets into high gear in chatper 3 and on. i almost forgot I was playing on my phone.

16. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    This game is so awesome!!! I really enjoy every single moment of this game.. Beautiful graphics and adjustable.. Cleverly constructed conversation.. Epic game..
    My only complaint.. I need it to sync with all my devices...

BTW why are the fools giving this game low ratings over at appstore... Retarded shit

17. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I'm glad to see all the positive comments! Please feel free to post more if you want to let others know how good the game is. I'm hoping more people will buy and make SQE go hmm "CR4 and more premium games in the future!" or something like that :)

I totally agree. The appstore ratings for CR3 are terrible. Though admittedly it's mostly due to the crashing so its not too weird. HOWEVER, I saw some very terrible non-crash related comments. First one was that someone was complaining as a con to the game that there's no English voices and all the voices are in Japanese. Seriously? I know I prefer Japanese but most JRPGs don't even have voice tracks let alone ones on mobile. Also, this isn't Persona or some game that has a massive fanbase that supports it. Why would you hire English VAs when your mobile company is now focused on freemium games? Another complaint was that everything was non-groundbreaking. I think it's pretty groundbreaking compared to everything else on the Appstore but even if it's not, what are they expecting? They complained the battle system is same as other RPGs (it's actually more deep than others) and the graphics look like something that game out of the early ages of the Appstore. ..........Really? I feel like kids that got their iphones this year are reviewing the game. If that's the way they feel they're going to be disappointed with 99% of the other games on the appstore because not everything has a super new formula and is genre-changing.

18. burningzenithx

Nov 1, 2011
    Austin, TX
    #278 burningzenithx, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
    Update: I'm running iOS 8.3

Hi Shaun, I'm still reading through the thread but I wanted to let you know I haven't experienced the Mocktopus crash at all and I have an iPad Air 2 and am running the U.S. Version of the app.

19. burningzenithx

Nov 1, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Still making my way through the thread, but if someone hasn't let you know yet, you can instantly refill your MP for Battle Mode by switching back to Story Mode and then by re-entering Battle Mode. The game appears to give you full MP every time you enter Battle Mode. Unfortunately this won't refill your MP in Story Mode.

20. BTNLegend

BTNLegend Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Canada
    I requested for a refund because I couldn't figure out a way to get past the Mocktopus crash. But, upon reading what others have posted here, I decided to try again. What worked for me was pausing right after the *gurgle gurgle* words displayed on the screen in full. It took a lot of trial and error to get the timing right, but once I did, I just waited for a few seconds and then unpaused. That worked. Now I can continue on with the game. I personally love the game and was very bummed out that I couldn't advance earlier. I guess I shouldn't have been so impatient. I'm playing this on my iPad mini 2 by the way.