Universal CHAOS RINGS III (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NaiveCynic, May 28, 2015.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    What's the random pull screen you are referring to? You mean the lucky box selection / buy screen?

And is there a set I should focus on? Does the coliseum at refresh every month? I was thinking of just finishing the first area set since I had the most already done.

And people please mark spoilers if you want to talk about events in the game. Thank you.

2. hunkyducky1

hunkyducky1 Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2013
    Im really glad it wasn't a free to play.

3. hunkyducky1

hunkyducky1 Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2013
    The coin system feels like f2p when ur a begginer. I played a few hours of this and i have hundreds of coins. No need for iap.

4. kincaid

kincaid Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I'm lil far into the game already and wanna ask if anyone know how to get a 5 star SR? I try combining 2 5 star Rs but only see 4 star SR as the result...:(

And here is a trick(or two) for everyone. If you don't want to wait for MP regen, just manually set your phone's time (General>Date & Time> Set Auto (to OFF)) to few hours later, restart the app if needed. As for the monthly ticket board, it does reset monthly...so you know what to do next? :)

5. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Which makes me wonder what the point of having those in a premium game is. Would've made sense to do away with them, but a handy trick to know! Thanks for the suggestion.

Also, no crash for me on an iPhone 5s iOS 7.0.6.

6. Spinda

Spinda Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2013
    Gene Box will have 2 different 5 stars per month.

7. ElPumo

ElPumo Well-Known Member

May 12, 2012
    Author
    Harrisburg, PA
    The video for this calls it Earth Core Shattered Elements. Is that a game within CR 3?

8. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Did the gene box not update its list? Mine is on May but then I got genes that aren't on the list. And I also got very lucky. I got a Joan of Arc! 5 star R card. Really awesome. Though I have to say, 80% of the artwork on the other cards looks better. But still.. I think this will be my only 5 star for a while.

And I actually like the "f2p" elements because they make the game feel more fresh. I don't consider them f2p because honestly, those mechanics are only called f2p because someone made them to block people from continuing to play without paying. None of the stuff in this game stops you from playing at any point. In fact, the coins give you more incentive / reward to do side quests instead of going to the main quests constantly. MP is the closest but I love that mechanic because it's only slightly different from the old CR games (which don't regen your MP in dungeons at all, you have to use items). And if you're really bothered by it, you'll regain MP by swapping modes or quitting and reopening the game. I've NEVER had the need to force refill my MP. I've run out of MP on the coliseum but once I did I just went back to story mode. I'm not hung up on anything.

BUT of course your feelings on the game will vary. Just because I like it doesn't mean you will like it. But from a seasoned RPG player and a f2p avoider, this game is extremely good and is nothing like f2p. Collecting special coins that are rare is not a f2p element, other f2p games just used that mechanic to stop you from getting stuff you need to win. 14 hours in and I've used all my coins on genes and golden keys. The equipment is cool but I'm not getting murdered in dungeons that I need to throw down premium coins.

9. kincaid

kincaid Member

Nov 18, 2011
    The box remains the same except for the 2 guest Gene each month. Fact is they recycle guest genes every 6 months...so you can only get 12 guest 5 star Rs over the cycle of 12 months. Also, all genes have the chance to become SR later(same artwork, different frame and additional skills) with a lot of effort :)

10. imuddy

imuddy Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Anyone know the process of increasing the stars of a gene?

11. Spinda

Spinda Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2013
    Another thing about Gene Rarity, the possible finishers (not Art Ascendants, at least I haven't seen anything new) depend on the Rarity of the equipped Gene. N has the default finisher, R adds another, SR adds another one. It's still random though.

12. kincaid

kincaid Member

Nov 18, 2011
    You can't increase the star of the same gene but can increase its rarity.

13. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    Is there any way to get past the mocktopus crash besides changing the language? I tried that and it didn't work.

14. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    So you mean if you have a SR equipped, you could have a different finisher but you may end up with the default / regular finish?

Do you know exactly how to activate their finishers reliably? It's supposed to be an attack after a critical or an attack after a weakness hit. However sometimes I don't get one.I know you can't be interrupted in the middle of it (must be a combo) but are there any other rules to it? I feel like I'm missing something since I can't reliably do finishers even when I use weakness attacks (which should be the easiest way to start a finisher). I do think the set up should always have your mages the fastest for the early attacks, then your slowest character should be a physical dealer so you can increase the odds of using a finishing move.

And AA moves are based on the last person to attack correct? I normally only see my lead character attack for some reason. I may have to weigh down my other characters just so I can see their special moves.

====

Some simple beginner tips:
    1) Check in to the coliseum each REAL day to get a log in bonus of coins
    2) Check in with Patty each REAL day to get a free BLT (isn't she sweet?)
    3) Feed your pet food each REAL day to get a free item (random)
    4) Pick up all the gems you see on the maps, as every 100 gives you a very useful free continue gem. If you are desperate, they respawn in the same spots so you can keep returning after leaving the stage.
    5) Be on the lookout for Eggon Hunt missions. They're basically free EXP missions. People that have more hits are more advantageous against Eggons.

15. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    how much have you spent on yae?
    I’ve spent 20.000 Mil...
    I always broke Because of that LOL

16. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I don't even have that much money to give.. I've only given 3k so far. I ended up using most of my money for some daily quests (people asking for money wtf) and then some for fusing genes to get new genes. Sigh..

But she's cute though so I can understand why you'd give her that much ;)

17. Spinda

Spinda Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2013
    #237 Spinda, Jun 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
    Yes the Finisher picked will be random.

The rule is that the final attack has to be a normal attack that occurs after a Crit or a hit on the Weakness. If the enemy attacks in between, you switch targets, or any action occurs that doesn't deal damage (Healing, Item, Buffing, etc) the combo is broken.

(3 Characters, P, D, L. 2 Enemies, 1 & 2)

P crits on 1
    L casts a spell on 1
    D attacks 1, Finisher

P attacks 1
    L crits on 1
    D attacks 1, Finsher

Now some special cases

*P crits on 1*
    *L attacks 1, Finisher*
    *D casts a spell on 1*
    Edit: Not a combo because Starter-Attack-Damage Spell

P crits 1
    L casts a spell on 1 & 2
    D attacks 1, Finisher (L still hit 1 so the combo continues)

This one I'm not exactly sure works,

P crits on 1
    L attacks 1, Finisher(?)
    2 Attacks
    D Attacks

Examples for the rule breaks are...

P crits on 1
    L casts a spell on 1
    2 Attacks, combo broken
    D Attacks, no Finsher

P crits on 1
    L attacks 2, combo broken
    D Attacks, no Finsher

P crits on 1
    L Heals P, combo broken
    D Attacks, no Finsher

Also additional tip on the Eggon Mission, early game the 3 Eggon Group is a great source of XP and MIL since killing all three multiplies the total by 3 (around 600 XP and 900 ML), since you only fight Eggon groups in the Eggon mission, you can flee from battles that don't have all 3 Eggons.

And as a plus since the mission kicks you out once you complete the objective, if you fight 3 groups of 3, you can still fight a 4th group for a total of 12 Eggons (times 3 because of the 3 Eggon group multiplier, so it's like you fought 36 Eggons)

18. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Spinda, your posts here are amazing. Just wanted to say that.

19. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Thanks Spinda!

Though I still must be missing something. I was just playing now and experimenting and couldn't get the finisher to trigger if I critical and normal attack once immediately after on the same target. However I guaranteed get a finisher if my first attack is a critical, then the next person attacks (normal attack), then the final person attacks (finisher triggers). From the guide and what you're saying, the first normal attack should've started the finisher but often in my cases, I will hit a weakness then the next person will normal attack and then the enemy dies, or something like that.

The only explanation for this I was thinking maybe that the finisher has to be the third attack no matter what, whether the critical is the first hit or the second hit. However you listed that you could do a finisher on the second attack.

20. Spinda

Spinda Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2013
    #240 Spinda, Jun 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
    Okay just checked a bit more, here's how it works.

A chain is a set of all consecutive attacks that target the same enemy. Finishers only work if there's a Starter (Crit/Weakness) and a Normal Attack at the end.

So Starter-Attack-Damage Spell won't work. Because a Damage Spell is at the end. But Attack-Starter-Attack will work. So will Spell-Starter-Attack.

I think Starter-Attack-Enemy Attack-Damage Spell also works because the Enemy Attack stops the combo, so the Attack becomes a valid Finisher. I kind of recall this happening. But, I'll test this later.

Anyway, this is why Starter-Attack-Heal counts (which is something the game actually tells you to do, Holly advises you to make the Healer act last) because Healing isn't a damage move, so it doesn't try to be part of the combo, unlike Starter-Attack-Damage Spell.

Also if the enemy dies, the Finsher won't land. Not even if it'll be an Arts Ascendant.