Universal CHAOS RINGS III (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NaiveCynic, May 28, 2015.

1. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    Support iPhone X full screen?

2. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Definitely not. And I doubt Square Enix is worried about updating any of their apps to utilize the extra space of the iPhone X, especially since they work fine and it’s the only phone with such a weird aspect ratio. But that shouldn’t prevent anyone from enjoying this beautiful, full RPG.

3. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    weird? its the only phone with 18:9?are you sure?
    1. all future flagship phone will have this aspect ratio for sure and its the future trend. even the low end phone too will have this aspect ratio
    2. iphone x is not the only one with this aspect ratio. samsung, xiaomi, oneplus, etc also use it right now.

so. if they still want to sell this game at premium price for the new customer, then 18:9 update is a must.

4. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #2344 L.Lawliet, Feb 18, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
    They definitely won't update the screen size. SQE mobile is moving on from original premium games. They focus on gacha games and ports right now.

And to add to that, SQE has been killing off the old CR titles so I don't think they care for updating these since they'll probably eventually kill off CR3 too. The only reason they even added content and fixed stuff with the old CR games in the past is because around that time was the boom of premium mobile games. We've reached a point where developers want to make more money through f2p and SQE included.

I'll have to disagree here. Premium games just aren't that popular anymore and they're not going to spend their resources adding more to this game when it's probably not making that much anymore. Again, look at SQE getting rid of the old CR titles since they probably don't want to do maintenance on them. Even if they did update CR3, I doubt it would generate that much sales since it's an "old game" right now so SQE doesn't care that much.

5. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    #2345 curtisrshideler, Feb 18, 2018
    Ah, I should have specified iPhone. I have no idea what Android devices are like. And not counting the notch, I read it is 19.5:9.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.gsmarena.com/apple_iphone_x_screen_how_big_is_it_really-amp-27265.php

Maybe when the future arrives, Square will worry about it. Their newest game utilizes it. But their older games that have been updated quite often have only received side bars even on the 16:9 iPhones. Why would they start altering those games now when they work just fine in 16:9 WITH side bars already? Do we want them to just make the side bars bigger? Do we want them to allow us the option to stretch the image, deforming it, like in FFIII? Do we want them to zoom in on the image, cutting off the top and bottom? Or should it be expected for them to add to the display window, move UI, and add non-existent content to the sides of a 16:9 (or smaller) cutscene? All on super old premium games that probably don’t sell terribly well this long after they’ve been out.

I think they’ll probably focus on making sure new games are optimized for larger displays, maybe updating their F2P games to fill the larger screens, and just keep their older games compatible with current iOS. At least I hope they do. I’d rather play Chaos Rings III on my iPhone X with black bars on the sides than never get to play it again, just like Chaos Rings I, II, and Omega.

It’s all about their priorities, what is profitable and worth the time, and us keeping our expectations realistic. And I think (since their F2P games haven’t even been optimized yet), they’re probably more conserned with compatibility instead of adding tiny bars of content on each side of their old apps. But if we all complain enough, maybe they’ll optimize the older apps so they fill the full screen and we have larger white side bars that say Final Fantasy on them. Or in this case, Chaos Rings III.

6. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yup. Totally agree. Shoot, I think we’re super fortunate that Square-Enix still sees the value in a few premium products enough to keep them compatible with the current iOS, to make old F2P titles like Final Fantasy Dimmensions II a premium app to enjoy offline, AND still give us new, full premium titles like FFXV: Pocket Edition. And the fact we can still even play Chaos Rings III on iOS is icing on the cake! I still need to buy CR3 for PS Vita so I can play it even after it breaks and is removed from the App Store.

7. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    #2347 nyanpass, Feb 18, 2018
    There are pros and cons, but I can't deny anything I'm concerned about. This is because they divide their ability to develop premium games into gacha games. It is said that gacha games provide developers with more revenue than premium games. The profit from the gacha game can also support the development of premium games. Conversely, they may no longer be attracted to developing premium games. I don't know how the market will change for mobile games. Personally, I want to enjoy a game of good quality like Chaos Rings 3 than the pay to win games. :)

8. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    I think we need an iPhone X support for this gem.... Anyone knows an Square Enix email?

9. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
  10. Silver117

Silver117 New Member

Apr 12, 2018
    Omg

Omg I am so happy I found people that to this day still care for the chaos ring series I am so happy I actually just finished the main story I I have been reading the posts and I wish for an update so bad even though I know they are going to kill it off

11. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

Square Enix are like the main people who don't care about the series, though, by dropping support for previous titles and totally changing what a "Chaos Rings" game was known for when they made CR3... Until now, I haven't been able to force myself again to play it after losing my progress (I was in chapter 3)... I can't enjoy this game

12. deresi

deresi Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2018
    It's okay even if it's not necessarily the CHAOS RINGS series.

I hope that Square Enix will be introducing its own premium games for mobile users.

And if CHAOS RINGS III comes out on Steam PC ver, I'd love it.

13. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I know! I’d buy all four Chaos Rings games on any console, especially PS Vita if they translated them to English.

14. Linajackson

Linajackson New Member

Apr 13, 2018
    Hey guys, does anyone have a picture of the final pages of the gene index? (The five star genes)

15. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    Just finished chapter 4 at last... And wow... What a crazy ending!!! Chaos rings series never let me down!! Anyways, anyone tried talking to the yakoos at world tree? They say some interesting things! I really hope a sequel is coming... But they cancelled chaos rings sigma though...

16. AdenFirdaus

AdenFirdaus New Member

Jun 8, 2018
    Male
    After i advanced date i cant get gift why? How to get gift again?

17. AdenFirdaus

AdenFirdaus New Member

Jun 8, 2018
    Male
    After I advanced date i cant get gift why? How to get gift again?

18. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    You won’t get gifts again until you reach the day after the furthest date you advanced it to. So if you advanced it to January 1, 2019, you won’t get gifts again until January 2... unfortunately. I think.

19. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Ouch. Hopefully he didn't advance it too far..

20. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

Maybe that'll teach some not to cheat in games? =P

So far, all I've been doing is getting Ohnz, keys and plums with daily login... Once I reach a decent amount of each, I'll consider actually playing this game... or force me to...