Universal CHAOS RINGS III (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NaiveCynic, May 28, 2015.

1. Darkhaven

Darkhaven Member

Oct 17, 2017
    Flight Feather

I hope this thread isn't completely dead. I noticed the drops in the quest are sometimes inaccurate. For instance, The Maid's Knife asked for a claw from a snowed in hermit crab but that monster doesn't drop it. It has to be dropped from the hermit in Sunken City.

So, I'm trying to get the Flight Feather for Romero and Mariette's third quest and it says it drops off of the blue birds in lollipop labyrinth. So far every one I've got a drop from has given me Underbelly. Does anyone know where to get flight feathers?

2. Darkhaven

Darkhaven Member

Oct 17, 2017
    Lollipop Labyrinth

Also, there are two sections of Lollipop Labyrinth that I cannot access. A door in the starting area has no path to it. Another door deeper in the dungeon has a giant slice of cake blocking it. The NPCs there talk of a monster in the chocolate lagoon, but I see no way to get there. Any help would be appreciated.

3. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Aw damn hopefully someone can help you. I remember that part but its been so long I don't recall. Are there any guides online? Some areas contain items that are only accessible when randomly teleporting to the location but those aren't necessary for completing the story.

4. Darkhaven

Darkhaven Member

Oct 17, 2017
    I checked up and down for guides but there are no complete ones. The areas Lollipop Labyrinth that can't be accessed are not related to the random incoming teleport. I did manage to get my hand on the feather, but the labyrinth still baffles me.

5. Zedek

Zedek Member

Aug 30, 2016
    Monsters drops 2 kind of items at a certain level. Info on Flight Feather is correct thought it is a rare drop and Underbelly is the common drop so kill more of those Blue Birds till they drop one. I found a lot of Blue Bird encounter in the screen of the Nightmare Park (Dungeon Boss). Having Fight Now! Tool here is really useful. Uhm yeah earlier part of the game you can't access some parts of the Labyrinth as well as some parts in other maps. This is normal and it is fine to pass on them at this stage, just continue with the storyline and these parts will become available. The part blocked by cake can be accessed in a storyline quest which will be the end of Chapter 2. The middle part can be accessible once you have Detect Tool which is in mid Chapter 3.

6. Darkhaven

Darkhaven Member

Oct 17, 2017
    Thanks a ton. I actually found an full guide in a guy's signature in this thread.

7. Darkhaven

Darkhaven Member

Oct 17, 2017
    Heritage Skills

So I understand how heritage skills work, but how can you figure out how to pass certain skills onto genes? For instance, I'm racking my brain trying to figure out how to give Wagner emperor mode. There must be some kind of flow to follow outside of the generic rules of Light + Earth = Fire etc. Thanks for any help.

8. Zedek

Zedek Member

Aug 30, 2016
    #2328 Zedek, Nov 3, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    certain genes can't have a specific heritage skills due to their nature. Wagner for example is a Monthly Special Gene, therefore you cannot give her those specific skills since monthly special genes can only be combined with its same Gene (Wagner to Wagner) or with a Kepler (Wagner x Kepler) to have Wagner with heritage skills. So skills that are only available learning through SKILL ITEMS are the skills you can pass on to Wagner in her heritage skills.

What you can possible do is find an alternative Gene which could have that skill that is almost similar to Wagner's skills or stats. Well I'm guessing you want a Wagner Gene as Physical Bolt Flootgate, you could go for Ishtar Gene (Ishtar's family group seems to be more versatile in having specific heritage skill)

I could also add in here specific Gene Groups that have restricted heritage. Aside from Monthly Specials (Joan to Artemis), Colosseum Reward Genes(Kongming to Morrigan) are also restricted, Map Item Sheet final reward Genes (Heishichi to Solomon) are also restricted. Lionheart to Kojiro are semi restricted due to their nature that they need specific Genes to fuse, so skill that are in those specific genes can be passed onto them plus skill items. Mother, Johaness and few basic genes (Tom Sawyer group) are also restricted because of their nature.

I know it sucks since its kinda waste not to take advantage of some Gene's stats or native skills more so with specific Heritage Skills you might want for the Gene, but I guess its part of the game that restricts us into having overpowered Gene and prolly encourage us to use other Genes for diversity and more fun and fair gameplay.

I could also suggest that if you want Emperor Mode, you can substitute it with a Miracle Medicine battle item. They both have the same effect. I would recommend choosing better heritage skills. It really depends on what you want that specific gene for. If you want a Physical Damage Dealer gene, Magnum Fang is highly recommended as well as Physical Booster, if the Gene already have Physical Booster, try Resistance Buster for taking out mobs with Physical Resistance (works wonders for Super Monthly Boss) or Critical First Attack. If you still want Wagner as Bolt Floodgate, Bolt Booster and Berserk Catalyst might work wonders or even go Earth Resistance for defensive purposes.

9. Darkhaven

Darkhaven Member

Oct 17, 2017
    Thanks a ton for the reply. That cleared things up for me. So, I'll focus on doing it differently next play through. I just beat the game and I'm hoping can still take out Adam.

10. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    How does this play on iOS 11? iPhone 8 Plus? It’s on sale thought I’d check it out but not if it’s no good cause it hasn’t been updated in a year

11. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    I want to know too and compatibility on X

12. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    It plays fine one iOS11 and iPhone X, but it’s not optimized for the screen.

13. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Thanks square zero!

14. Ellimist

Ellimist New Member

Jan 15, 2018
    Hello... Anyone still playing this game? I need to know how to fuse for iseult with her famous combo skills... I already making john doe with magnum + p.booster and shizuka gozen with magnum + m.block... I want to use iseult for the 3rd char... Btw how can i edit save file to get berserk catalyst again? I use it thinking that i can that item again next chap... Man.... I screwed my john doe #

15. Ellimist

Ellimist New Member

Jan 15, 2018
    Can you provide me link how to edit our save game files? I want to learn how to do it... I mess up my catalyst #

16. Zedek

Zedek Member

Aug 30, 2016
    #2336 Zedek, Jan 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    Isseult can be forged from Lugh × Marie. Naturally Isseult can learn Trade @SR20. Snow Tiger is from Lugh so when you are fusing Lugh and Marie, make sure that Snow Tiger is in the heritage skills when you check the outcome gene if not just go back to the fusing page and redo the fusion til Snow Tiger is in heritage. If ur still OCD u might want the other heritage skill to be very useful like P.Booster, in the pink, Light Deluge(Lugh).

Regarding save edit its pretty much not a thing yet. Some usual hexediting can be done with some 3rd party program that edit values ingame but this need requires knowledge in hexediting and finding the address u need to change which can be hard since u dont have the item anymore. And cheating isnt really discussed here.

17. Ellimist

Ellimist New Member

Jan 15, 2018
    Thx man.... Its look like i need to finish quest until primordial which is still a long way just to get lugh... Or maybe i can fuse him/her? And can you teach me how to make best kenshin? And what is the best dps cards for earth, light and water? I use kishibonjhin max lvl 100 all fire skill, and john doe for dark dmg (but his magic dmg is not as high as kishibonjhin fire dmg... Man)
    Oh and i nedd to know where to get the best dark weapon and thunder... I already have super fire weapon from super boss thx to kishibonjhin, 3x kishi combo = dead super boss lmao

18. Zedek

Zedek Member

Aug 30, 2016
    #2338 Zedek, Jan 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    Best Kenshin can be subjective, mostly it will be either a singular Fire Floodgate Physical Dealer or part of 1hit gene combo for a certain lvl200 boss. But you can check skills Kenshin native and learnt skills and decide what skills u want for final product add in Heritage skills he can learn which would benefit it. Prolly something like Fire Booster or Berserk Catalyst or Magnum Fang or u can even add Adv. Cremation tho it wont be much destructive cuz kenshin dont have native spell amplifier passives unlike Kishibojin. Same goes with John Doe, he is meant to be a physical dmg dealer gene thats y magic spells are not that destructive. Magic Spells dmg is reliant to ATK but they are amplified by passives which improves them like Magic Booster, Element Booster, Attribute Affection, In the Pink, even Berserk Catalyst. Not sure if they are best DPS since its a turn based game but I believe if using physical floodgate attacks for Earth its Hippolyta, Light Xuanzang has great ATK but slow and restricted heritage, If customized well Shizuka Gozen can be a great Light Floodgate Gene with amazing healing spell and defensive passive to boot, or Lugh and Isseult. Water, seems Masamune by a mile. But I suggest dont really invest much on pure Physical dmg as some monster/Boss can be very defensive even immune to physical, having the right balance bet. Physical and magic seems well to get thru the game.
    Regarding best Dark and Bolt weapons they will become available thru Coin Shop after end of Chapter 4. Only MC will get +100% dark weapon so hes the best John Doe holder or Dark nuker.

19. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Chaos Rings 3 is a successful game, so why did Square Enix break the series? I hope the series continues.

20. mcmc11

mcmc11 Member

Sep 11, 2017
    thankyou

this game is jrpg top