Universal CHAOS RINGS III (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NaiveCynic, May 28, 2015.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Yup! And there's a LOT of other famous VAs in this game. I think we had a list waaaay back in this thread early on. SQE did a great job with this game. I hope it gets a premium CR4 sequel. But it scares me when I see all the F2P games SQE churns out every year.

2. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I agree. And I'm even tempted to import the Japanese PS Vita version even though I wouldn't be able to download CR1 or CR2. Just to have CR3 for whenever it gets removed from the App Store. I'd love a CR4, but I'd settle for English ports of all of them on PS Vita or PS4.

3. scythe000

scythe000 New Member

May 31, 2017
    Theia's Secret 3?

I completed Theia's secret 1 and 2.. but 3 is not showing up. Anyone know how to get that quest to appear? it's driving me nuts. I've been doing side quests and shuffling for a week, and it hasn't appeared. Am I missing something?

4. Tony_lsc2

Tony_lsc2 New Member

May 31, 2017
    Need help!

I get the snowdrop gift from winterborough for the bleeding heart quest but i use it for combining to get gene. Now i'm stuck because i lack this item for the bleeding quest and the flower is not appear anymore. Any suggestion please?

5. Zedek

Zedek Member

Aug 30, 2016
    Snowdrop should appear at Winterborough daily unless you did the Ohnz trick which recorded the last known date of the gameplay when so saved. If so, go ahead of the last date you did the coin trick.

6. Zedek

Zedek Member

Aug 30, 2016
    #2306 Zedek, Jul 26, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    I think you need to have Darts Tools on you. If you used it to craft a gene then use Ohnz or Gold Keys from Edge of the World Golden Chests to recollect it.

7. Zedek

Zedek Member

Aug 30, 2016
    #2307 Zedek, Jul 26, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    Interesting mechanic theories. I'm a fan of Floodgate skills, thought and tested some of these stuffs.
    I found the most effective group of cards that works best with floodgate.
    Kenshin for Fire,
    Masamune for Ice,
    Hippolyta>Spartacus for Earth,
    Wagner>Ishtar>Lincoln for Bolt,
    Shizuka Gozen>Xuanzang>Lugh>Isseult for Light,
    John Doe>Tutankhamun for Dark

Kenshin, Masamune, Spartacus, Wagner, Ishtar could learn Floodgate naturally others you need to Fusion inherit or use the Floodgate Skill item (once per gameplay) for the gene to get them. You might notice my recommendations are not the highest Atk stat genes out there. Its because you should value other skills the gene has that is also considered in conjunction with Floodgate attacks. Most of these genes have Physical Booster which increased dmg you dealt with physical atks therefore Floodgate atks deals more.
    Critical x2 is way too good to pass for Floodgate attacking. It doubles the increased dmg you deal with dmg due to element advantage. Infuse it with Critical First Strike and you always deal ridiculously high Floodgate Atk Damage at start. Autocounter is another good passive skill for floodgate attackers tho be careful for mobs that heals on same element attacks. Elemental Booster passive skills also increases floodgate attacks by 20%. Attribute Affection, In the Pink, Intuit, Berserk Catalyst, Eggon Catalyst, Critical Booster(only increase the chance to hit a crit) are some skills you should consider too.
    Also the bonus of your weapon also further increases the capability of your Floodgate Attacks.
    Yes, Floodgate works on counter attacks.
    Floodgate doesn't work on AA.
    Floodgate Attacks are physical. Crit works on them too also physical.

When crafting the best Floodgate gene for you. You need to consider their nature and strength for their full potential.
    Like for example you want a Xuanzang Floodgate Gene. Naturally the gene can't learn Floodgate skill in any level or rarity, the only possible way to get it is using the Floodgate item which only come once per gameplay (quest reward). Its in your discretion to use the item for a Xuanzang Floodgate Gene sacrificing the only Floodgate item you could get. Or you could go for Shizuka Gozen Floodgate Gene, She may not have great ATK stat but you could have combination which could give her Floodgate and Physical Booster inherit skills without having to use the Floodgate item and maybe add in Light Booster skill into Shizuka's skillset further increasing ur damage output.

So when choosing inherit skills for floodgate attacker I would value more
    Physical Booster > Critical x2 > Crit 1st Strike > Catalyst > Autocounter > Attribute Affection > Elemental Boost

Also consider to have a decent ATK Stat Gene for it, Light Genes aren't natually high with it but my suggestions are quite decent. You can increase it with Power Seeds tho.

2. Crits and floodgate doesnt work in AA,depending on character the AA would be considered Physical(Male) or Magical(Female). What you could do is increase the Weight of the weapons you use. To get the best dmg out of AA use 3 high ATK powered physical based Genes with Magnum Fang skill. Physical Booster seems to be the only passive that stacks up on AA if the AA user is male, Magic Booster for Female. What I use for my AA Lineup is MC with Ripper(4hits)+60 weight [John Doe, Phy Boost MFang], Leary with Fair Lady Accelerator(6hits end game ohnz shop)+40 Break [Wagner, PBoost,MBoost, inherit Bersk Cat Eggon Cat], Al with Alter La Traviata (2hits)/Dangozashi(4hits)+60 Weight [John Doe, Phy Boost MFang]. All with 40 Pow Seeds and using Magnum Fangs, hopefully Leary will hit a crit during her MFang and increasing the gauge to max therefore all next hits from MC and Al will go into combo further increasing the dmg since they have heavy weapons. This lineup will surely give the most effective AA, even when you used Mass Attack but moreso when MC or Al hits their ultimate AA after 3 MFangs.

Tested Xuanzang, Nobel and Gilgamesh. Out of the three, Nobel does the highest AA dmg. I'll prolly modify my AA lineup to Al Nobel+40Atk with MFang. Leary its best to have her Wagner with Magic Booster passive.

8. Roark

Roark New Member

Jul 25, 2017
    kinda basic question, but now that I've beaten story mode and built a few floodgate users like wagner and kenshin, I'm wondering what to use for physical resistant ones. Specifically the one in Theia's Secret 1. At 130 it just shows blocked blocked blocked for physical attacks or magnum fang, and I tried 3 Kishibojins and it blocked the advanced cremation spell even though the monster is dark based.

Any suggestions?

2nd question, how do I time triple concentrate Advanced cremation with MC Leary and Al so that they cast together?

9. Zedek

Zedek Member

Aug 30, 2016
    #2309 Zedek, Jul 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    Uhm yeah Thea Secret 1 negates any physical attacks therefore only magic works. Have you tried other element nuker. I believe the monster would start at Fire element, you could use lotion to your advantage tho. Poison maybe? Or the Stress, Stress, Snow Tiger, Stress, Stress, Trade trick. Uhm yeah at endgame lots of boss blocks Fire damage so Kishibojin losses her luster. Better start making better nukers from Goemon/Wukong Group.

2nd Q
    For Triple Concentrated Combo Spell, only the first to use Magic will consider buffs, passives, bonuses from weapon, the supporting characters are just multiplier. I find it easier to have combo when their speed are quite near to each other and prolly a Joint Booster passive might help too. What i usually do on first round is use Concentrate on the main nuker, do a multiple attacks to raise advantage or use Gamma Knife on enemy or opposing lotion from my incoming nuke. Next round, queue the triple combo command, hope the concentrated one would do a triple combo.

10. Roark

Roark New Member

Jul 25, 2017
    #2310 Roark, Jul 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    thank you, I'll try those methods and start some wukongs and goemons

edit: those are both fire nukers as well, did you mean the 'hidden' genes when you said goemon/wukong group?

11. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Still wish they would add iCloud but guess itÂ’ll never happen....

12. Zedek

Zedek Member

Aug 30, 2016
    #2312 Zedek, Jul 30, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    Pardon for the confusion. I happened to group the genes by the name of the fire gene in the group. Ei. When I say Goemon group, I mean Goemon F, Jubei I, Yoshitsune E, Susanoo B, Amaterasu L, Tsukiyomi D

Tho Kishibojin's stat are better than them I could have inherit skill Concentrate, Joint Booster infused to the group without sacrificing the skill items so that's value for me. Add in Elemental boost into their skillset and adjust stats mainly Atk and Speed through seeds for better chance for Triple combo. Also keep in mind supporting characters are only multiplier so just having the same Skill in them through inherit or native skill is enough for a magic combo lineup, though its still better to be almost same stats at least for speed and make the main nuker a bit faster so he/she will always act first. Spd manipulation can also be done by weight of weapons, armor and accessories. Just plan it all out first.

13. Darkhaven

Darkhaven Member

Oct 17, 2017
    Flight Feather

I hope this thread isn't completely dead. I noticed the drops in the quest are sometimes inaccurate. For instance, The Maid's Knife asked for a claw from a snowed in hermit crab but that monster doesn't drop it. It has to be dropped from the hermit in Sunken City.

So, I'm trying to get the Flight Feather for Romero and Mariette's third quest and it says it drops off of the blue birds in lollipop labyrinth. So far every one I've got a drop from has given me Underbelly. Does anyone know where to get flight feathers?

14. Darkhaven

Darkhaven Member

Oct 17, 2017
    Lollipop Labyrinth

Also, there are two sections of Lollipop Labyrinth that I cannot access. A door in the starting area has no path to it. Another door deeper in the dungeon has a giant slice of cake blocking it. The NPCs there talk of a monster in the chocolate lagoon, but I see no way to get there. Any help would be appreciated.

15. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Aw damn hopefully someone can help you. I remember that part but its been so long I don't recall. Are there any guides online? Some areas contain items that are only accessible when randomly teleporting to the location but those aren't necessary for completing the story.

16. Darkhaven

Darkhaven Member

Oct 17, 2017
    I checked up and down for guides but there are no complete ones. The areas Lollipop Labyrinth that can't be accessed are not related to the random incoming teleport. I did manage to get my hand on the feather, but the labyrinth still baffles me.

17. Zedek

Zedek Member

Aug 30, 2016
    Monsters drops 2 kind of items at a certain level. Info on Flight Feather is correct thought it is a rare drop and Underbelly is the common drop so kill more of those Blue Birds till they drop one. I found a lot of Blue Bird encounter in the screen of the Nightmare Park (Dungeon Boss). Having Fight Now! Tool here is really useful. Uhm yeah earlier part of the game you can't access some parts of the Labyrinth as well as some parts in other maps. This is normal and it is fine to pass on them at this stage, just continue with the storyline and these parts will become available. The part blocked by cake can be accessed in a storyline quest which will be the end of Chapter 2. The middle part can be accessible once you have Detect Tool which is in mid Chapter 3.

18. Darkhaven

Darkhaven Member

Oct 17, 2017
    Thanks a ton. I actually found an full guide in a guy's signature in this thread.

19. Darkhaven

Darkhaven Member

Oct 17, 2017
    Heritage Skills

So I understand how heritage skills work, but how can you figure out how to pass certain skills onto genes? For instance, I'm racking my brain trying to figure out how to give Wagner emperor mode. There must be some kind of flow to follow outside of the generic rules of Light + Earth = Fire etc. Thanks for any help.

20. Zedek

Zedek Member

Aug 30, 2016
    #2320 Zedek, Nov 3, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    certain genes can't have a specific heritage skills due to their nature. Wagner for example is a Monthly Special Gene, therefore you cannot give her those specific skills since monthly special genes can only be combined with its same Gene (Wagner to Wagner) or with a Kepler (Wagner x Kepler) to have Wagner with heritage skills. So skills that are only available learning through SKILL ITEMS are the skills you can pass on to Wagner in her heritage skills.

What you can possible do is find an alternative Gene which could have that skill that is almost similar to Wagner's skills or stats. Well I'm guessing you want a Wagner Gene as Physical Bolt Flootgate, you could go for Ishtar Gene (Ishtar's family group seems to be more versatile in having specific heritage skill)

I could also add in here specific Gene Groups that have restricted heritage. Aside from Monthly Specials (Joan to Artemis), Colosseum Reward Genes(Kongming to Morrigan) are also restricted, Map Item Sheet final reward Genes (Heishichi to Solomon) are also restricted. Lionheart to Kojiro are semi restricted due to their nature that they need specific Genes to fuse, so skill that are in those specific genes can be passed onto them plus skill items. Mother, Johaness and few basic genes (Tom Sawyer group) are also restricted because of their nature.

I know it sucks since its kinda waste not to take advantage of some Gene's stats or native skills more so with specific Heritage Skills you might want for the Gene, but I guess its part of the game that restricts us into having overpowered Gene and prolly encourage us to use other Genes for diversity and more fun and fair gameplay.

I could also suggest that if you want Emperor Mode, you can substitute it with a Miracle Medicine battle item. They both have the same effect. I would recommend choosing better heritage skills. It really depends on what you want that specific gene for. If you want a Physical Damage Dealer gene, Magnum Fang is highly recommended as well as Physical Booster, if the Gene already have Physical Booster, try Resistance Buster for taking out mobs with Physical Resistance (works wonders for Super Monthly Boss) or Critical First Attack. If you still want Wagner as Bolt Floodgate, Bolt Booster and Berserk Catalyst might work wonders or even go Earth Resistance for defensive purposes.