Universal CHAOS RINGS III (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NaiveCynic, May 28, 2015.

1. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    How far are you into chapter 4? I think your genes should be good enough. You might need a healer though, just in case. Mother is a good healing gene, you should have already gotten her.

As for heritage skills, I'm not entirely sure, but I guess stuff like Emperor Mode, Magnum Fang, Critical 2x, etc. are pretty good. You could also put Snow Tiger and Trade on a gene for a cheap boss tactic. Turn 1 Snow Tiger, turn 2 trade, turn 3 Snow Tiger, turn 4 trade, etc.

2. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    I want to buy this game so much, but I'm scared there will be a sale like 2 days later. What should I do TA community?? :(

3. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Well you should buy it at full price because it's the best mobile original RPG imo. Nothing else comes close. I'd feel bad if I paid any less for it.

I guess in terms of what you're asking, the game has rarely, if ever, went on sale. I don't recall any recent ones but I don't think this one will be going on sale anytime soon. I don't think there's any big holiday coming up that SQE celebrates.

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Once a game has been over a year on the appstore, SE will drop it on the next christmas month. At least that's how it is on every other SE game so far. So, for CR3, this december is almost a guarantee it'll drop based on that pattern.

5. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    I'm not willing to wait that long and if you guys say it's worth it, I trust your judgement. I'll be grabbing it as soon as I clear space. Thanks you two!

6. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I have 110 hours so far on it, and still enjoy playing it everyday. Definitely worth $20 for me.

7. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Ok to use the gene for the Fight Now item? I get SO tired of running around when the quest wants you to fight X number of monsters. I dont want to use a gene that is required for unique cards.

8. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    Definitely. I 100% recommend you get Fight Now.

9. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Anyone remember the quest Time Warp? Level 100 and you fight against Eric and Barbara together. He is green (doga) and she is dark (lambda). I am using Level 98-100 genes that supposedly would do high level damage against them ie advanced electra against Eric. I get 1 shotted with Eric's attack, and even when I hit, I do little damage against them. My team level is 80. Just keep trying? I might have to try and get double or tripple genes with the same high level attack, but I am doing OK against other quests at level 115-130 enemies. Seems strange to me.

10. Alexythimia23

Alexythimia23 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Hi guys can anyone help? Ive noticed there are chests on maps that i just cant reach! Is there a way to get them? For example in the sunken city and at that island where you end up floating on, i just dont get how i can reach those chests??

11. Primm

Primm Member

Mar 23, 2016
    Masseuse
    Netherlands
    Hello everyone,

This is a very useful thread, I'm glad I found it. However, I cannot browse through all the pages to find the answer I am looking for, so I hope someone is willing to help me out. Like many others suggested before, I changed the data on my device, in order to get more Ohnz coins quickly. It worked fine the first time I did it, but now I keep getting a Japanese error. Clicking "ok" closes the game, and there are no other options. I can only enter the game whenever I set the date back to normal. Is there anything I can do to avoid this, or did they simply fix this exploit?

Thanks in advance. I am really enjoying this game alot, by the way. I hope they will continue the series!

12. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    @Alexythimia When you teleport to a world/dungeon, there is a random chance you get a "teleporter error", where you start in a different location than usual. This is the area where you can get the chests you aren't normally able to reach.

@Primm Yes, it seems most likely that the exploit has been fixed. I also am not able to get coins faster.

13. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military

You can't get these chests normally. Occasionally when you warp to an area you will get an "ERROR" message that will actually warp you to these area with the chests so you can get them. It is a random event.

They fixed the exploit. Plus, even if you get it to work, apparently it messes with other things as well, so it is not worth it in the end. Sort of frustrating that you literally have to wait an entire year to get everything. Once you open and can warp to Magma Ocean, you go through to Level 100
    even at low levels, you can go to the Spaceport, choose the "Explore" option, go to Magma Ocean, and just "Escape" every battle to get to level 100
    and you get 30 coins for doing this. Although time consuming, ultimately it is much fast than quests if you are grinding for coins.

14. Alexythimia23

Alexythimia23 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Oh ok so thats y i kept getting error sign flash up! Lol thanks nekko! Appreciated ✌#️

15. Primm

Primm Member

Mar 23, 2016
    Masseuse
    Netherlands
    #2215 Primm, Mar 25, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
    @Nekko: aw, that's unfortunate, but I guess I can live with it. At first I was not planning to make use of the exploit at all, but as I progressed further, I got a little greedy. :p

@Pluto6: thank you for this suggestion! I have done it a few times now, although it gets boring rather quick. I do wonder what's faster, doing 30 quests or running through the 100 levels. After all, many quests are hand-ins. There's a good reason to continue doing the levels, though - you obtain extra skills as well! I like that alot. ^^

16. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Yeah, The hand ins are quick, but many items that you hand in are actually useful, and not all that common (ice lotion for instance, for use with Kishibojin - this months super powerful fire caster.) i sort of do a combination of both. For the monster killing quests, oneof the world cards lets you get a gem called Fight Now. Converting that gives you a permanent button that tapping it instantly puts you in a fight - if its the right creatures, you fight, and if not, escape and press fight now again until you get the creatures you want / need.
    Running through 100 levels takes me about an hour, so figure an average of 2 min pe coin, overall much fast than quests, especially as the quests get harder. I didnt figure out the trick until I was battling level 100 creatures, so I was much further in the game and the quests were much harder. If I ever start the game over, I would do a lot of things much differently.
    Some suggestions, for the combine cards, you really want to pay attention to the "heritage skills". The ones that go in the blue boxes. Things like Emperor Mode, Rakasha Lotus, Asura Lotus, various resistance or advanced spells can be really useful. You can get what you want by checking the status button on the possible new gene and if you dont like them, back up one screen and recombine until you see the skills you want. Low level stuff is a waste as is stuff like Stteal HP(that sounds really good, but in my experinece never gets you much). For some good general tips this is a good reference - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ck8oHP2Vu8jSNgGgKLGF2ZW9vaaKP2wuAu6dyrt6Ggo/pub#h.yz9emhnbhy2g

And for gene combining this can help you plan your needs for getting the high level stuff - http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/825285-chaos-rings-iii/71939112

17. Primm

Primm Member

Mar 23, 2016
    Masseuse
    Netherlands
    Thank you once again, Pluto! I was hesitant with the "Fight Now" gift, as I usually keep them all to convert into a powerful gene, but you are right, this Gift is really, really useful for battles. No more walking around for hours until your quest mob turns up! Thanks for the motivation :)

Thank you for the other tips as well, they're very welcome! I have another (newbie) question for you, by the way. I have just thrown a bunch of speed seeds into my healer gene (Mother), as I want to be able to go first in emergency cases. I currently have Kishibojin, Dante and Mother for my 3 main characters, I hardly lose a thing with them. However, why is it that Kishibojin and Dante (nearly) always go first, then the enemy, and then Mother? Her speed stat is alot higher than Dante's and about the same as Kishibojin, so I don't get it. Could you explain this to me? Thanks in advance :3

18. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I have not figured out the speed thing yet. I have tried different things, but a character that goes first with a spell, wont necessarily go first using an item, or attackng. I am sure there is an algorithm for it, but I cant figure it out very frustrating at times. Although I have a lot of hours in, I still feel like I dont know the game well. Typical FF - very, very complicated mechanics.

19. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    The order of team actions does depend on the speed stat of genes, but it also depends on the weight of your team member. Different armors and weapons have different weights. The higher the weight, the more damage a physical attack does, but speed becomes lower. Despite this, when a team member uses an item, they always go first, no matter what. This is useful for a quick emergency heal or for setting up a Kishibojin attack, for example ;)

20. Primm

Primm Member

Mar 23, 2016
    Masseuse
    Netherlands
    #2220 Primm, Mar 25, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
    @Pluto: no worries, I know exactly what you mean! If anything, you've helped out alot already. <3

@Nekko: thanks for pointing that out! It sounds so obvious, not sure why I never thought of that.

By the way, the Ohnz coins cheat IS still possible, I just found out while reading one of the guides mentioned earlier in this thread. All you have to do is make sure the app stays open while you change the dates, instead of restarting the game everytime. When you are satisfied with the amount of coins, be sure to set the date back to normal before you restart the game and you should have no errors. :D