Universal CHAOS RINGS III (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NaiveCynic, May 28, 2015.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #201 L.Lawliet, May 31, 2015
    Last edited: May 31, 2015
    @Spinda:
    Great write up! It was really helpful though it was a bit hard to understand.

So I take it the Kepler card should be used to fuse with 1 other card to increase that card's rarity, that's the simple answer?

The other use you said is to give an existing gene an ability you want, you have to teach the ability to Kepler (using a bought item that teaches an ability immediately- not through fusion), then fuse Kepler with the gene you want upgraded. Is that correct? The main concept is you always lose Kepler through fusion and get to keep the other gene.

If that's true, it seems like it would be difficult to give a favorite gene an ability another gene has. You'd normally end up creating a new gene with fusion. So the only thing you can do is give Kepler a self teach item you bought, and then fuse the Kepler with the favorite gene to get that ability? I haven't seen any good instant learn abilities but I'm very early in the game. Are they in shops? I only bought an increase encounter skill but that's probably the most useless skill which I'll throw on some weak gene if I'm out to grind.

2. Lorexae

Lorexae New Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Same problem on iPad Mini Retina 2 :(

I've tried to change language but game crashes anyway.

3. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    I have the same problem on my iPad Air iOS 8.1#

4. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah, that's what feels so f2p, the tokens. I've purchased one piece of new equipment, but it'll take a while before I can save up enough to upgrade everyone. Seems like the perfect opportunity to sell IAP tokens. Also, the VIP membership thing seems like a f2p mechanic. I mean, I'm super glad it is premium! It's just really interesting having these elements in a fully premium game. Kind of weird at first, but definitely refreshing. Alright, now to find out if I can make it past Moctopus on my phone.

5. LouisTheGreat_82

LouisTheGreat_82 New Member

May 31, 2015
    Same here , crash durning the moctopus fight :( iPad Air , iOS 8.3

6. Spinda

Spinda Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2013
    #206 Spinda, May 31, 2015
    Slight correction about Genes learning abilities

You can view all the skills a Gene can learn by going to Gene Swap -> Selecting the Gene -> Select Skills Tab

So Normal learns skills at 15/30, Rare at 15/30/45 (nothing at 60) Super Rare "Before 25"/40/60, before 25 because Level 60R + Kepler = L25SR, so maybe 20 since the other 2 skills come in at 40 and 60

If you're planning to complete the colloseum for May (12 boxes is 2M points, I just boughtt the last 5 boxes, the prize is L1R Snow White) She has Weak Light and Earth All, Light Boost, Medium Light Single and Healing All

Also the Armor you can get from the C special boss is 20% Phys Res -20% Magic Res (yes that's minus), from the B boss it's 30% for both values.

7. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    About the coliseum sets - as long as you get even one item from the set, it'll always be available as an option in the random pull screen. So make sure you do at least one, if nothing else.

8. Midknight

Midknight Member

May 30, 2014
    How long will it take for them to address the Moctopus crash? I was hoping they would have patched it by now as it seems to be fairly common and people paid a lot of money for this game.

9. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Well, this waiting for MP to refill isn't that refreshing actually. Without an IAP system to buy tokens to refill MP it is actually really annoying. I wish while fighting in the battle mode it would refill after each tournament. But, take the good with the bad I guess!

10. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    The question is would you rather have a CR3 that is completely freemium or one that walks, talks and quacks like an f2p game but is premium? Those two seem to be the only options, given how hard they have gone with FFRK.

11. Alexythimia23

Alexythimia23 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Great post! I am playing all the chaos theorys again to make the third one more epic, well in truth i am only playing the second one now!! And just wow! I loved the first one, but this one has took it up another level, i really hope the third one surpasses the second even more? Going by shawns review it could well be which is very high praise. Im envious you guys are enjoying it in the meantime....

12. Spinda

Spinda Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2013
    MP is restored every time you go back to town. So just have your party sit in town before going into the Modern Arena. Then just switch back to Story mode once you need MP restored.

13. Blowzun

Blowzun Active Member

Apr 1, 2013
    #213 Blowzun, May 31, 2015
    after Al joined my team i have to go to the spaceport du rescue leary.. but i see no way to do that. does anyone know how to continue from that point? :/

edit: nevermind i think i just had to shuffle the quests :X

14. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Oh, wow! Great tip. Thanks!

15. Crazyboy423

Crazyboy423 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Studdent
    France
    Awesome game! No jailbreak detection and no crashes on My ios 8 ipad 3

16. terrence92

terrence92 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Spoiler alert! :mad:

17. Yerti1

Yerti1 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 8, 2012
    You beat me to it, I was about to post this.

18. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    #218 Solarclipse, May 31, 2015
    Hey, have you guys noticed if hits just divide your damage, or what. I'm not sure how to figure out when one weapon is really advantageous over another. It seems like more hits is clearly better, especially for eggons :)

There's also the attack level you have with your gene—power and attack must be really different stats, otherwise the increase of 10 or 15 power for -2 hits would be dumb.

The easy way to test this would be to put on a weapon with more hits and the same power, but I don't have that.

19. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

How did you manage to run out of MP to the point that you have to wait? I've clocked 16h, on chapter 3 at the moment and not even once I had problem with MP. Maybe you should rethink how you are playing. The MP replenishing items are not that hard to come by as well.

20. Spinda

Spinda Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2013
    Enemy defense is also a factor. There are times when Leary can match Daisuke in total damage (tested with the same Genes), usually on weak enemies. But there are times when Leary does pretty pathetic total damage with normal attacks.

So it also depends on the enemy.