Universal CHAOS RINGS III (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NaiveCynic, May 28, 2015.

1. Panda_Hero

Panda_Hero Member

Feb 9, 2016
    I sort of prefer the JP art for Benkei lol

2. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    So, I got 20 coins for a "big" monthly gene box. I know that there is a special "monthly" character - which through dumb luck when I first started playing. If I am going to try and ensure that I get good genes from the box, how many "unique" genes can one expect from the monthly box? Is is just the one? Or are there others. The documentation that I can find doesn't really make it clear - like there are X number of unique or special genes that you can get from a monthly gene box.
    Thanks for the help.

3. Khangress

Khangress Active Member

Aug 17, 2015
    I usually reset if I dont get 2 good genes, because the only reason you would use the monthly box is for kepler and the 5-stars

4. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    Each monthly box has two special genes (5 stars). The two genes change every month.

5. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Got it - so definitely get the 2 special genes and then try for rare / 4-5 star...

Any reason to get 2 of the special genes to then level it to the next level? Or better / easier to use the Keplars for that?

BTW, I really thank you guys for being patient with me. FF games are just so deep and long, messing up at the beginning sometimes makes things horrible downstream...

6. Yuan

Yuan New Member

Jan 9, 2016
    In case if anyone was curious, I managed to find a website with all the gene artwork (including the Japan exclusives) here:
    http://m.game333.net/g/53010
    The entire site isn't in English though, but the images should be self-explanatory for their genes

7. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    So I got a 5 star monthly, but the just a bunch of 2 and 3 star Normals. Seems smarter to get one less card, but be able to decide individually whether or not to keep each card rather than have to accept 5 cards or none.

8. Khangress

Khangress Active Member

Aug 17, 2015
    You can do that if you want, but I feel Like I'm going to go insane if I have to reset every time I don't get a 5-star or kepler. Also keep in mind that you get more bang for you buck with the 5-gene deal.

9. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Makes sense. I think once I get a reasonable number of some good cards, I will likely just get what I get. But I don't mind doing 1-3 resets and getting some nice cards.

10. Khangress

Khangress Active Member

Aug 17, 2015
    Keep in mind you're only going to the monthly box for 5-stars and kepler, anything else is just going to take up space. Also 1-3 resets is wishful thinking, especially if you already have one of the 5-stars and want the other one.

11. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    So, I just finished Episode 1 by the official story mode, but there is a ton of stuff that needs to done/collected there for gene pages. Keep going into Episode 2, or go back and finish up Ep 1, or do folks just go back and forth between episodes?

12. Khangress

Khangress Active Member

Aug 17, 2015
    Starting episode two just means you download the next part of the game. Everything carries over, but the story is now different. BTW the entire game (all 4 episodes) is 2.1 gb, so make sure you have space for it.

13. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Ok - maybe some hand holding?

I now have 52 Ohnz coins (due to the 30 coins ending chapter 1) and already have the 2 monthly gene specials. Should I purchase some SP weapons at 20 coins each, or just get the gene boxes and try for rare 4 star normal type genes, or save them for purchasing stuff on the special days?

Also I have now some ability to do gene fusions. In the Other category, I can get an Aleister gene. I would have to consume either the Aries or the Tree of Knowledge gift - do this, dont do this?

14. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    #2154 Nekko, Feb 13, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
    IMHO, the only things worth buying in the SP shop are the accessories. I don't think there are any "special items" sold on "special days". DO NOT use Aries to make Aleister. If you don't mind, remind me what Tree of Knowledge does again? You probably shouldn't use that either though. I think you could use your coins to go for 4 star genes. That or maybe buy some gold keys and open gold chests.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, if you do choose to buy gold keys and open gold chests, then keep the rare genes you get from completing the item sheets in a safe place (or at least don't get rid of them right away). You'll eventually need to fuse some of them to get the 13 "last genes". You can read about them in the FAQ I linked.

15. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    TOK - convert to Apple of Wisdom x3. Doubles money from a battle.

The accessories look pretty good - some major boosts in all categories there.

I will just go for some rare / 4 star genes.

16. Khangress

Khangress Active Member

Aug 17, 2015
    #2156 Khangress, Feb 14, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
    The items from the SP shop will quickly get obsolete later in the game, when accessories worth 50 ohnz coins come in. There are some items you can get via gifts, I'll post later which ones.

dw about money in this game, I had so much I didn't know what to do with it.

Alright, I did some research. You have to keep in mind that some things being sold can be found as gifts. For example, the star pearl is a gift found in the 1st and 2nd area, star sapphire in the 3rd area, etc. I never got any items except for keys and accessories, I feel they don't help too much early on, or they become useless later on.

17. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    #2157 pluto6, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
    So my team level is now 26. Doing the monthly gene box, the only genes I get are either the monthly Rare 5 stars, the Keplar, and then either rare 2 stars (max) or Normal 3 star(max). This is with about 5 restarts. At my level can I expect 4 star cards other than the monthly and the keplar.

If I take the 3 star cards, can I level them and combine them for 4 stars?

There is good info on combining the various types of cards, N, R, Sr but not much on how to improve the star levels.

A seperate question, what is the deluge function of adding attributes? Does it just increase the power of the particulr type of magic?

Oh, and what should I do with the duplictae 1 star N genes? Sell them? Just combine for other (new) 1 star genes just to inrease team level?

18. Khangress

Khangress Active Member

Aug 17, 2015
    Not sure what you're asking for the last question

19. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Its magic spells - like Dark deluge, or light deluge, etc.

The world box gene completions I thought are needed to make the 13 unique cards? I guess the coliseum cards are possibly different?

20. Khangress

Khangress Active Member

Aug 17, 2015
    #2160 Khangress, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
    I know certain characters can be gotten from the monthly/weekly events (santa clause and george), and arent needed for fusions.

Also deluge acts as a physical attack with attributes. Say you have 2 characters use dark deluge on a light character, the second attack will also activate their special attack (I forget what those are called. arts, maybe?) Useful for when magic attacks are weak or blocked, but physical attacks can slice through