Universal CHAOS RINGS III (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NaiveCynic, May 28, 2015.

1. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Should I take my daily 5 coins and buy the gene box each day with them initially to build up some good cards? I got a 5 star Black Prince which looks good to me (not really knowing what I am building towards). Or should i do simething all le cwith the coins( open gold treasure boxes). Or save them fo awesome equipment? I am just off to do the 3 rd main quest (level 15, and my team level is 11) so very early in the game.

Got The Ripper weapon - very good for Eggons!

2. Panda_Hero

Panda_Hero Member

Feb 9, 2016
    Do you know where to get JP version of the game?

3. Panda_Hero

Panda_Hero Member

Feb 9, 2016
    I would suggest collecting as many different genes as you can. That is the only way to level up your team and to increase your MP. Also I think you should try getting yourself a Wagner. She has the best physical Skill in the game-Magnum Fang. Also arguably the best gene of the monthly boxes. Sorry if I didn't really answer your question. I don't know too much lol

4. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    Make a Japanese iTunes account, buy a Japanese iTunes gift card, and buy the game again, I think.

5. Khangress

Khangress Active Member

Aug 17, 2015
    dont buy 1 for 5 coins, just buy 5 for 20 coins. BTW, theres no reason to get 10 for 40 coins.
    Also do NOT spend those coins on boxes in the story mode. It's only worth getting the monthly gene box.

6. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    #2126 pluto6, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
    So, maybe I am not understanding - what exactly is the monthly gene box? When I go into the Lucky Box screen (which is battle mode), I have a box for Gene Box, A Blue Ocean Box, A Sunflower Box, Coliseum Box 2, and A GP Box. The only one that guarantees a gene is the Gene Box.

Nekko suggested that if I don't like the gene just to close out the game, but I can't tell what the characteristics of the gene will be until I can look at it, unless I am using a computer at the same time to look the gene up...

Getting 20 coins - rough... took me an hour or so just to get a couple coins because I have to walk all over battle ship or sunken area to find multiple monsters, or whatever else... Very time consuming. The fastest way to get 20 coins is literally to wait 4 days.... Then my VIP membership is going to expire... Those coins, what a pain. Feels much like a pay wall.

Edit - when I look at gene information - it gives me a break down - "this months guest genes" and "this months genes for acquiring special skills" and then just the ordinary genes... So, I guess I just for the guest and/or special skill genes and leave the rest alone. I guess I did OK yesterday, without knowing, I got Black Prince which was a guest gene. 5 * and got the Rakshasa Lotus skill which combined with The Ripper rips the EggOns to shreds...

7. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
  8. Khangress

Khangress Active Member

Aug 17, 2015
    I need four words

9. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Hah!! You used to only need a certain number of letters. I guess the software has changed.

10. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
  11. Khangress

Khangress Active Member

Aug 17, 2015
    I meant 4 characters.

Also if you want an OP gene, just get kishibojin.

12. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Other than increased experience, is there any reason to use to choose a higher difficulty? Any reason to choose the 21-30 levels vs the 11-20, or the 1-10? Do you get different drops?

13. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Another question - when combing genes, is it better to just get cards with more stars? Several of the combos will use a N + N card and return a Rare card with 1 or 2 stars, and others will give me a R with 3 or 4 stars. Go for the stars? I dont reall need the spells / skills that the 1 stars give me. They just give me a new gene.

14. Tdigital

Tdigital New Member

Feb 11, 2016
    frequent flyer
    Florida
    Really awesome content here., I'm enjoying this site and app's like this already.. . Keep it up.

15. Khangress

Khangress Active Member

Aug 17, 2015
    You get different items as well. You will only notice the difference every 30 or so levels.

Go for a gene you've never had, otherwise go for the stars

16. Panda_Hero

Panda_Hero Member

Feb 9, 2016
    #2136 Panda_Hero, Feb 11, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
    Hey guys so I was awfully curious about the several "Exclusive" genes only found in JP version. I got my hands on the JP version of the game and put my Previous save file into the JP version. And apparently these "exclusive" genes are actually just Benkei,Yang Guifei and Gilgamesh with different art and name.

Benkei changed name to アカズキン(Akazukin) and Gilgamesh changed name to アダム(Adam) and Yang Guifei to アフロディーテ(Aphrodite)

Edit: I just noticed Kepler's name in JP version is ダーウィン(Darwin)

17. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    Interesting, now I can't decide which version of Benkei's art looks cooler :p

18. Khangress

Khangress Active Member

Aug 17, 2015
    I wonder why they would choose to have different versions of the same card though.

19. Panda_Hero

Panda_Hero Member

Feb 9, 2016
    Perhaps they wanted the JP and International ver. to differ from each other.