Universal CHAOS RINGS III (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NaiveCynic, May 28, 2015.

1. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Yes, sorry Daisuke.

So I just took 2 level 30 cards, went to Marvis and did a recombination. Lost both cards (apoarently you have to un- equip them?) and got a new card, but I am not happy that i lost the 2 cards. The scroll up top says they will be consumed. I thought you keep the cards and make new ones?

2. Khangress

Khangress Active Member

Aug 17, 2015
    You don't keep the old genes physically, otherwise you'd be short on space very quickly. The game just keeps a record of which genes you have obtained throughout the game, so that it can determine your team level. Sorry if I worded it weirdly earlier.

3. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Well, i I like the combination of what a card does, do I just use cards that dont particularly like what they do? I have essentially only 1 earth attack - I don want to lose that - should I keep that card and recombo the other maxed? Or, do I use Kepler and just increase that cards rarity?

4. Khangress

Khangress Active Member

Aug 17, 2015
    I'm not sure if I explained that last part properly.

5. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Oh so for fusion, you can keep hitting back and then go forward to the fuse screen to "select" which skills you want to keep, though they have a limited space for skills. They can only carry 2 skills at a time from any fusion no matter how many times you fuse. So you pick the ones you like (but going back and then going forward to the fuse screen again). It usually shows you what you get so you shouldn't be disappointed by the result. If you don't like what it will fuse then you can just not fuse them. It should show you all the different cards you can get at the fuse screen when you pick 1 card for fusion.

If you don't like a card you can sell it if you have a lot, fuse it to add a new entry to your gene list, or just fuse it to another to create another monster you need for fusing. I would only increase rarity if you either you know you'll never get rid of that card OR if you are out of things you need to focus on and want to max rarity all your genes in your collection (which I will probably do in the future).

Kepler is generally rare so don't use it unless it's on a card you really like. I would use Kepler definitely for any 5 or 4 star rating cards if you have them.

*ps. I wrote card and gene but they're both the same thing. They look like cards to me!

6. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    My Fuse screen has certain cards it wants to make, and totally dependent on gems (gifts) that i have collected. It appears the only place I can work with genes(cards) that i already have are with Marvis either to recombine, or enhance. The cards that i use in this process are consumed, so I have to decide if the cards are worth being consumed. I guess it all works out in the end, vut seems like a lot of trial and error to me.

I am assuming that getting more advanced cards - that do dark /light damage are no better than the basic cards in that they fare no better unless the attacking type is an opposite.

7. Khangress

Khangress Active Member

Aug 17, 2015
    I'm not sure what you mean by "basic" cards. Where you are right now, I think it would be best to just have cards that deal as many different types of damage as possible, until you have enough money to buy 300 soma at a time.

8. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    If you're unsure about what genes to get, the rare monthly genes from the gene box are a good place to start. Buy a box, and if you don't like the gene you get, immediately restart the app (double click home button and swipe up), and buy another box, rinse and repeat. After getting decent genes, you should probably focus on completing dungeon boxes and getting the rare genes from each.

9. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Oh hmm I think once you progress further you will have access to the normal fusion screen. You can check for this by going into coliseum mode and looking for "Combine genes" under the sp shop button. If it's not available then you'll need to get further into the game. The screen you're looking at gives you genes but only for specific gifts you collect. I would ONLY use combine gifts for 4 star cards (the lower star cards can be fused pretty easily later). I don't think you can get 5 star cards in the gift combine screen. And don't worry, you can get more gifts later if you used them but they take some time to get.

Also getting genes in the sp shop is probably the best so you'll have a chance to get 5 star genes with your hard earned coins.

10. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    You actually can get 5 star genes from fusing gifts, but those use the special purple and yellow gifts, which you can only get towards the endgame, from particular dungeons (don't want to spoil anything)

11. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Ahh. Yeah I've been slowing down my game play since I'm nearing the end. It's my favorite mobile game without even beating it so I was too afraid to end it. Good to know that you have other options for 5 stars! Are they the same as the ones in the monthly boxes?

12. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    No, I think you can only get these genes by fusing gifts or combining other genes.

13. Panda_Hero

Panda_Hero Member

Feb 9, 2016
    Hi,new here. Just wondering. Is there a weapon with 100% Dark attribute? And if so where can I get it?

14. Panda_Hero

Panda_Hero Member

Feb 9, 2016
    Also does anybody have any idea what gene Elroux has equipped here? I don't see it in the gene index

Attached Files:

15. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    Incarnation is the only +100% dark weapon I know of. Nazca (MC) gets it toward the end of the main questline. As for the gene, I don't think you can get that in the international version. Probably a Japanese only gene.

16. Panda_Hero

Panda_Hero Member

Feb 9, 2016
    Oh I see, thanks for the help

17. Panda_Hero

Panda_Hero Member

Feb 9, 2016
    #2117 Panda_Hero, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
    What would be the best to have in Kojiro's blue skill slot? Thanks in advance!

18. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    I'm not entirely sure, since I never used Kojiro. I have crafted it before, though. I'm assuming that Physical Shield (from Solomon) should be one of the blue skills. It seems too good to pass up. Sorry I couldn't help more, perhaps someone else could give more information.

19. Khangress

Khangress Active Member

Aug 17, 2015
    Rally and physical shield on mine. I guess you could use rally when an enemy has a shield up or something

20. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    Ah, I see. I should make another Kojiro and actually use it, mostly just because its gene artwork looks so cool. One of my top 5 favorite gene artworks.