Universal CHAOS RINGS III (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NaiveCynic, May 28, 2015.

1. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    If you don't mind me asking, what's wrong with the date trick?

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Actually it might be just me but the date trick I did only twice because I missed the previous month box by accident and it screwed up my new iPhone. Never again.

I personally find it more fun to just wait for the months. I'm in no rush to build the ultimate team. I think some of the best parts of RPGs are slowly building your customized team of fighters.

3. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    Speaking of waiting, what's going to happen when we run out of events in battle mode? Are we just going to get repeats of old events?

4. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Yeah I'm pretty sure it will just cycle. To be honest, this game is a complete rarity with even putting in events and so many aesthetic changes for outfits / weapons (plus a totally separate battle mode). I haven't seen a new mobile RPG that has done anything to this extent since forever. AND it's a gorgeous offline RPG that you can play anywhere, no need for online data and inspections. Whoever headed CR3 has made me an eternal fan.

Looking at how many big SQE titles are just remakes/re-releases and f2p, I'm afraid we may not see a great game like this again. Which is why I've been hoping CR3 sales have been good (I have no way to check). I honestly feel like if this game was released 10 years ago they would've probably updated CR3 every half a year or so with new content for at least a little while. The previous CRs had this benefit but it was when premium games were booming for SQE and the app store. I'm glad they took a chance with premium again and hope we will see an amazing CR4 in the future. I doubt they will be adding anything new to CR3 unfortunately. SQE Japan pumps out new f2p titles constantly btw, if that is any scary indication.

5. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    A beginning player here - Team Level is 9 and I just beat Aries. I have a couple cards leveled to 19 and a couple at the 13 to 15 and a couple at 5-8 and a few at beginning levels. Some duplicates cards that were awarded.

Should I be doing card fusions at this stage? Everthing with exception of a single Kepler is just Normal. Any point with the duplicate cards? Just sell them or ???

Also, what should I do with Aries? Convert it to an item, or wait til I get some more jewels so I can do a gem fusion?

I am hesitant to experiment as leveling the cards is certainly not quick, and also the cards that I have give some nice attacks. Not much out there on the net, and this thread has more than 100 pages, so information is hard to come by. Just looking for some starting tips.

6. Khangress

Khangress Active Member

Aug 17, 2015
    Once a card maxes out in level, I recommend fusing into a higher tier (level 30 for normal, 60 for rare, and 100 for super-rare). Basically, if you have a 4 star or 5 star, you dont want to fuse it into anything thats less than a 4-star.

Also, if you want a card to have 2 specific skills (say, augmented mana and trade), just keep closing and re-opening the fusion tab until you get the skills you want.

7. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    Also, you won't be able to fuse Aries until late in the game (chapter 4), so you could convert it if you like, it's not a one time item. Just open more Sunflower Boxes if you want another one. I personally converted it, but I never really used it during battle.

8. Khangress

Khangress Active Member

Aug 17, 2015
    #2088 Khangress, Feb 8, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
    Do NOT do that. You can't get Aries again until you complete the sunflower box (which you should), and then it's luck whether you get it or not. I had to reset my game so many times just to save on ohnz coins, you're better off saving purple gifts until you have all 4.

Here's a few more personal tips:

get the VIP pass, the thing that gives plums and keys daily. The bonus exp really helps out.

When you complete a box, you will get a 4-star gene. That gene can be fused with another specific gene to get a 5-star that cannot be gotten with any other combination. For more info, visit https://gamelytic.com/chaos-rings-3-complete-gene-collection-guide/. There are 13 of such 5-star genes.

Try to max out your mp by getting as many different types of genes as possible.

To get lots of exp fast, do the quest called "hunt: eggon". Only fight eggons in groups of 3 if you can, and once you've beaten 9 eggons, just let yourself die. You cannot leave otherwise, else it will consider the quest completed, and you wont be able to do it again for another day.

There is a card that is really OP that you can get early on, I think it's the reward for completing the september box. Don't remember it too well.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, but I remember that there was a combination of 3-stars that could get a 4-star as a result. It included |romulus and remus| for certain, but I'm not sure what the other gene was (probably franklin, but I'm not sure). Once you get the 4-star gene, you can fuse it with other 3-star genes to get other 4-star genes you didn't have.

9. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Thanks for the advice I will likely be asking more in the coming days. Did the Eggon, but didnt think to only fight groups of 3 and escape the others.
    My team level is 9 but my gene levels go all the way to 21 - should I do the repeat quest in the 1-10 or the 11-20 range? I havent died yet, so i dont know penalties for dying.

10. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Your team level can increase when you find more genes so it may be good to fuse early and try to get different cards. This game doesn't really have penalties for dying but you can use a revive gem (bought or 100 of those fragments on the map gathered) to start back where you died. Those are probably better used for bosses. You don't need to worry about grinding too much as the game isn't that hard, the arena is much more challenging. In fact if you grind your cards too much you'll over power the story mode bosses :eek:

I'll try and help answer your questions as well if I'm available.

11. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    I can answer questions as well. I'm on here pretty much 24/7, don't really have anything else to do. Sorry if any of my answers seem half assed :p

12. midasmulligan

midasmulligan Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2015
    Finally got this game up and running. Question, is the frame rate generally this bad across all devices? I have stuttering galore on and iPhone 6s+. This thing is choppy...aside from the frame rate and image quality(even on high) game seems solid

13. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    No frame rate issues or crashing on my iPhone 5C. Runs really smooth even on my ancient iPad 2, which I haven't touched in weeks since today.

14. Khangress

Khangress Active Member

Aug 17, 2015
    Keep in mind that if your characters can fight in (red button close to auto-battle) mode without trouble, you don't need to worry about anything. HP recovers fully after every battle, and death has no penalty

15. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Are you saying that you keep the cards you have, as well as new cards are created?

16. Khangress

Khangress Active Member

Aug 17, 2015
    Think of it as filling the pokedex. If you evolve a pokemon, you still have the previous version saved.

17. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Excellent.

Whay is the difference between fusing genes and combining genes at Marivs? Are there circumstances that one is preferable over the other?

Is there a way to concentrate on just filling one worlds card? That was recommended by an NPC, but the quests are randomly istributed, and some of them are apparently way beyond my level. Ie. A level 50 quest with a team level of 10 and highest card level now of 29.

Other than questing, any good ways of getting those coins? I got VIP level, but that bankrupted me, doing quests are slow going unless they are collect x of y, and you either have stuff or you dont for those.

18. Khangress

Khangress Active Member

Aug 17, 2015
    Questing is basically the only worthwhile way to get ohnz coins. There are two stores that sell soma and stat-changers, one of which can be found in the area before the world tree(the seller is a robot) Stock up on these so that whenever a quest asks for the material, you have it ready.

Sorry if I'm being vague, I haven't opened the game in some time.

19. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    You are really helpful. I thank you a lot.

I have Leary and Jet...... Something or other - he has a sick mom.

Thanks for the info on the cards - 2 almost ready to level up. Right now the Hunt: Eggons is not a quest showing up. I am having to do others hoping that will pop. I occasionally run into 3 Eggons just randomly and enjoy the boost i get from defeating them.

20. Khangress

Khangress Active Member

Aug 17, 2015
    Daisuke?

Once you reach the 6th/7th area (trying not to spoil area's name), you should try farming the trasure chests for a gift called "Fight! now", which allows you to fight enemies instantly (really pointless to do hunt quests otherwise).
    You'll know the area when you meet a ghost.

I went through my second playthrough without it, and it was terrible.