Universal CHAOS RINGS III (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NaiveCynic, May 28, 2015.

1. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Welp that sucks
    Thx man I'll just save it for crashlands then

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    It actually works on my 6s -- you just need to be on airplane mode to start the game.

3. RandallPeek

RandallPeek Well-Known Member

May 21, 2014
    I have an iPhone 6 and iOS 9.2. Would the game be completely unplayable for me, or what limitations would there be?

4. TomVM

TomVM Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Chapter 2 on iOS 9

Not sure if someone already asked, but I am playing on my iphone 6 in airplane mode but I can't download new chapters. Is there a way ? thanks.

5. martkosius

martkosius New Member

Sep 23, 2015
    It's not unplayable it's just missing the top and bottom of the screen on iPhone 6s.

6. SgtBob

SgtBob Member

Dec 25, 2015
    Response from my Square Enix support ticket:

"Thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX support,

We apologize for any inconvenience however this game is not properly supported on the iOS9 at this time. We are continually adding support for new devices on a regular basis. If the app is not currently running correctly on your device, we ask for your patience while this matter is investigated.

Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center."

7. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Don't you just wish they could be more forthcoming, like "We know about the issue, and it's on a list of things to get done by the developer, but they're also working on this other thing because that's where a majority of their income is currently coming from, so this will have to wait to be finished. Once it is fixed, it'll then be tested and then we here at SE will have to approve it. Then we will submit to Apple. We really don't have a timeline on any of that, so for the time being, use Airplane mode."

That's an answer I would actually respect hearing.

8. Reik483

Reik483 Member

Jan 8, 2016
    How important is having an advanced level damage skill of two elements? I've got a Napoleon and Newton right now that have inherited advanced Zero/Karma and Core/Veda respectively. This gives them 1 single target advanced and 2 AoE advanced spells. Inheriting both has prevented me from giving them another utility however, and I don't know which is more valuable. I was planning on using the SP shop weapons that have a 45% and 50% increase for fire/ice and bolt/earth with these genes. Are there significantly better weapons out there I should be aiming for?

9. SgtBob

SgtBob Member

Dec 25, 2015
    True enough, but I wish they would fix the game that everyone paid a premium for. :)

10. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    Weapons from the coliseum are pretty good, depending on whatever element you choose. Unlike SP shop weapons, coliseum weapons only give an increase for one element. For example a weapon from the coliseum could have a 100% increase in fire, rather than a 50% increase in fire/ice from a SP shop weapon.

11. ho1yski3s

ho1yski3s Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2015
    #2051 ho1yski3s, Jan 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
    Story mode weapons: Incarnation and Holy Mother provide the highest bonuses to Dark and Light elements without reduction in magic damage like coliseum weapons. Sadly there arent any good Bolt weapons so the SP shop weapon should be the best there is or just settle with the +50% gift weapons. The best weapons for the remaining elements should be from the coliseum.

Keep in mind though that when dealing with the late game and lv100+ enemies its more important to have the right passives (Element Booster skills and Attribute affection) than just having a powerful spell. A correctly boosted with proper weapon Cremate can two shot a lv100+ mob if the gene is maxed out. Thats MP efficient compared to a Advanced spell that doesnt one shot the mob.

12. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Think of it this way: premium is a term only used in the mobile gaming community. Plenty of games are released on other platforms, given a few patches, and then abandoned years later. So a few complaints from cellphone and tablet gamers won't really matter, unless the game is pulling crazy revenue.

13. RandallPeek

RandallPeek Well-Known Member

May 21, 2014
    Except for the fact that it crapped out mere months after release. This was released in late May. It's not unreasonable to expect a $20 game to run properly for a year or two, especially considering the $20 doesn't have to include any physical game media.

14. SgtBob

SgtBob Member

Dec 25, 2015
    I wouldn't expect them to support all their game catalogue indefinitely. However, 1 update, an acknowledgement of issues and then nothing. That's not the level of support one expects, especially when paying a premium. And by premium, I don't mean not free to play, I mean it cost approx 2-4 times more than most games on iOS. I don't think it is unreasonable to expect a reasonable level or support and responsiveness when you pay more for a game.

15. Based Xatu

Aug 27, 2013
    Premium isn't based on how much you paid for a mobile game, it's just the fact that you paid upfront that categorized it as premium. It had a $20 price tag, and ended up having an issue that was the developers fault- fair, and they fixed it. The issue with Apple's OS on the other hand is something else. Once you gave them your money, it was in their honest business practice to take care of any issues from their end. Any issues that are because of a constantly changing OS, having very little to do with them. Game development takes a lot of time and resources, and when your game will need years of updated because it's on a cellphone platform (as opposed to the PSVita), you need to see some type of financial initiative to keep updating/fixing your game.

16. SgtBob

SgtBob Member

Dec 25, 2015
    I think we are using differing definitions of premium, but I won't argue the point with you. I don't want to be the cause of a row. We have differing opinions on the matter and that's fine. I just hope that I'll be able to play it in the near future on my 6s Plus without the resolution bug or the airplane mode work around, I'll leave it at that.

No hard feelings, I honestly wasn't trying to fuel an argument. :)

17. Based Xatu

Aug 27, 2013
    Me neither, mate. Sorry if it came across that way.

18. Reik483

Reik483 Member

Jan 8, 2016
    Does magic attack down from weapons affect healing amounts?

19. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Member

Nov 11, 2015
    iOS 9

What bother me most is SE's none update to support those of us who moved to iOS 9; I was looking forward to playing this on my iPad Pro, and nope...months ago SE acknowledged the issue and have been silent ever since.:confused:

20. ho1yski3s

ho1yski3s Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2015
    No it doesn't. The game's manual says that the modifiers on the weapons only affect attacks.