Universal CHAOS RINGS III (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NaiveCynic, May 28, 2015.

1. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    If you haven't already, fuse Wagner with a dark element gene to get Ikkyu (make sure to pass on Magnum Fang). Get Ikkyu to SR level 40 (I think that's when she gets emperor mode). Fuse Ikkyu with Amaterasu (passing on magnum fang and emperor mode) to get Shizuka Gozen, a pretty decent healer who also does pretty good damage, because of emperor and magnum.

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Oh how I do love this game! The new Christmas outfits are awesome (especially the female version). I feel like I always have something to look forward to. And I haven't been strong enough to do the special one day events so next year when they come around I should be ready.

3. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Yeah :D also since this released in English in May, we should still have Jan, Feb, March, and April full of events left :)

4. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    To be honest, I'm going to be sad once we pass those dates :( I purposely didn't do the time trick just so I could slowly savor it (like eating one steak for an entire year :cool: )

5. master Bates

master Bates Member

May 9, 2015
    Update for iOS 9 ?!?

Where is the update for iOS 9 ?

6. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Still waiting on that, too. *sigh*

7. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    #2027 anthony78, Dec 5, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
    A bit of a stupid question. I started playing this a few weeks ago and am really enjoying it, but I'm wondering -- without knowing any spoilers of course -- if the storyline grows into something more substantial.

Right now it just seems like the three protagonists have different reasons for wanting to be explorers and there are quests related to each of those goals.

But does it suddenly break out into a larger main story arc?

I'm all level 20 if that gives you an indication of how far I am currently.

And the game is great regardless. Just want to set my expectations as to whether it evolves to a more meaty storyline.

8. Khangress

Khangress Active Member

Aug 17, 2015
    Yes, there is a bigger plot.

9. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Cool. Thanks. Guess I need to keep on playing then!

10. G.R.

G.R. Active Member

Mar 19, 2012
    I finished episode 4. Is there more story or am I correct in that it implies chaos rings 3-2 will happen?

11. Khangress

Khangress Active Member

Aug 17, 2015
    We're all hoping for an episode 5

12. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Hope one day they update for 9 so I can actually play this game. Looks amazing!

13. franchiboi

franchiboi Member

Dec 23, 2015
    What time is it exactly Spawn? Im looking for Snowdrop i accidentally fused it along with Firegrass but i already found firegrass. the Snowdrop is really annoying me now -.-"

14. SgtBob

SgtBob Member

Dec 25, 2015
    Yup :(

Not that it will make any actual difference, but I raised a ticket with Square Enix support. Which they supposedly escalated.

15. Lessica

Lessica Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2015
    First, sorry for taking so long to reply. I only check the thread once every week or two. You may have already found the answer.

Second, the reset is at midnight in Japan, whatever that translates into for your time zone.

16. szg

szg New Member

Aug 12, 2015
    #2036 szg, Jan 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
    Square Enix also update the app description that update will comes soon.
    I'm LV139, defeated all bosses and cleared all quests. Nothing to do with the game now so, hopefully update will come with New Game+ or true end episode.

17. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Doubtful since it seems that the older CRs got updates within the year they released and earlier. I don't know anything about the sales of CR3 but I could see many big name devs want to go freemium. They probably don't want to put more money into this. Sad as it is. SQE major offerings as of now are mostly freemium games and DQ/FF ports. Everything else is just side stuff judging by how they promote. Hell Capcom made a freemium Monster Hunter if that's scary enough.

I'm also disappointed but there's not much I can do. I really wanted this game to sell well and show them that more updates / CR4 premium would be a great idea. I've bought every CR and bought CR3 the instant it hit the appstore without second guessing. I still stand by my own opinion that this is the best RPG on ios that isn't a port. It should be deserving of updates and/or a sequel.

18. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    #2038 Based Xatu, Jan 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
    If the game hasn't come out yet for vita, there will probably be an update after that.

Edit: nvm I just checked, it already came out at the same time.

19. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    So just to be clear..if I have an iPhone 6 and iOS 9 this game is broken yes ? Don't want to drop the cash if it isn't working

20. midasmulligan

midasmulligan Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2015
    Yes, resolutions all eff'd up playing on a 6s+