Universal CHAOS RINGS III (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by NaiveCynic, May 28, 2015.

1. Tenebr1s

Tenebr1s Active Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Utopiosphere
    #2001 Tenebr1s, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
    Aha! I gotcha! But no way hose am i breeding for another doe. I rather keep affinity affection and magic booster for a cool 20% nuked in every s class boss fight in the stadium (disclaimer, drei 6 is a cheap f**k and will probably the end you before you even set up your miracle pills/snow tiger (im serious, that was the first time i used continue since gozen had max def but lacked speed drei just hit me with a third the end))

Edit: wait dont we have concentrate and rally skills drop from quest?

Yet another edit: rate my new new john doe

John doe:
    Dark booster
    Concentrate
    Advanced odette
    Floodgate
    Crit first atk
    Crit *2

Affinity attraction
    Magic booster

Note: asura lotus is nerfed due to affinity booster, nust fyi and also why i got rid of it instead of floodgate (op) and crit skills (op)
    Nuker set xD

2. Tenebr1s

Tenebr1s Active Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Utopiosphere
    just realized that castle abyss is actually castle abyss and not castle (teamname)... awkward

3. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Been reading the last 20ish pages to find out what the deal is with iOS 9 before I finally bite on this after the Zodiac mess. So I see there's a work around with airplane mode, but then read a few posts where even using the work around they had trouble downloading chapters, most recently with someone stuck on chapter 4.

Are the chapter downloads still an issue? Wish Square Enix would fix the damn thing.

4. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    anybody got the new costumes in the battle mode?? they look so awesome :)

5. midasmulligan

midasmulligan Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2015
    Plus the resolution is messed up on iPhone 6s+

6. ho1yski3s

ho1yski3s Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Daisuke looks amazing with Flame Sakura weapon XD

Attached Files:

7. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    What's the easiest way to get floodgate? I'm planning on breeding genes and making a "floodgate based" team.

8. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    #2008 anthony78, Nov 20, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
    Finally picked this up to offset the enormous let down of Zodiac. And it is awesome!

Not what I expected based on other Chaos Rings games (although I have only really played the first). But is even better with more of a Final Fantasy feel so far.

Came here to post because I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't have to use the airplane mode work around. Have played three separate sessions and each time was able to load my save file with no issue. I'm playing on an iPad Mini 2.

Guess I won't know for a while whether I have problems downloading the subsequent chapters.

What does the entire game end up being in terms of storage space?

Also, not having the time to read all 200+ pages of this thread, does anyone have any tips for someone just starting out?

9. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    I think around 2.3 gb with all chapters downloaded.

10. ho1yski3s

Jun 10, 2015
    The R Salome and Hitchcock you get in the storyline learns Floodgate. SR Hitchcock in particular learns Critical First Attack which is a good complement to Floodgate, almost sure killing weak to element mobs in higher levels.

If you don't like fusing much, good Floodgate genes that are obtainable mid-game via golden chests are Nostradamus, Rapunzel and Michaelangelo:
    Nos has In the Pink, Rap has Critical Booster and Mic has Critical First. All three have Physical Booster. Qin Shi Huang is also notable.

For early game fusing you can fuse the aforementioned SR Hitchcock and Indra to get SR Indra. Indra has a decent attack stat comparable to 4 stars and Critical x2 turns your Critical First Floodgate attack into a nuke. Fusing Michaelangelo with another earth gene (Atsuhime i think) to make Hippolyta also yields the same, if not stronger, result. Remember you want to have Floodgate and Crit First as blue skills. Keep Lock On on Hippolyta if you wanna play around with weight mods.

Late game I found Xuanzang given the two skills via items to a Kepler to be the best Light Floodgate user (expect to miss a lot though). John Doe is the hardest to fuse but arguably the better Dark Floodgate to use. I'm looking to upgrade my Indra (still using it to kill lv130 mobs) to Ishtar in the near future.

Attached Files:

11. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Thanks! Guess that's not too bad considering it starts out at 1.6 GB.

12. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    You can get Floodgate and Crit first attack as items? If so, how and where can I get them?

13. ho1yski3s

Jun 10, 2015
    They are rewards from The Tetrad (4) and Archdemon of Lust quests respectively. There is a complete quest list in the FAQ below if you are looking for other skills. Note that these items are one time use only. If you use them on an un-fusable gene then theres no way to have them as blue skills on another unfuseable gene.

14. Tenebr1s

Tenebr1s Active Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Utopiosphere
    I've finished off everything to be done. 200 hours well spent :p

So yeah, this is it for me later peeps

15. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    So I have never played this. Is it worth? Seems people here like it. Whats this about genes?

16. cocosoy

cocosoy New Member

Dec 6, 2013
    I bought it couple days ago, still not working with iOS 9.

Even with airplane mode, the screen is messed up on iphone 6s plus.

If you have iOS9, i strongly suggest you to wait for a fix.

#### Square Enix for not fixing it

17. cocosoy

cocosoy New Member

Dec 6, 2013
    No, it's still bugged.

18. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    I think it's fine for other devices. Probably just iPhone 6 Plus and iPhone 6S Plus for the screen ratio.

No issues with my iPad Mini 2 even without using airplane mode.

That said, it is pretty shitty of Square to be taking this long for a fix.

19. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    I spent a solid 30 minutes trying to find Heart Stealer II. Then I found out it was in shop the entire time :p

20. Khangress

Khangress Active Member

Aug 17, 2015
    I have a few spare Wagners, what should I pass magnum fang onto/what should I fuse wagner with?