iPad Chaos Rings II - (by Square Enix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Chaos Rings and Omega were my favorite console type RPGs on the iOS, and this info assures me Chaos Rings 2 will now be a favorite.

My top Console-type RPGs:
    1. Chaos Rings 2 (but I dont even have this yet, LOL)
    2. Chaos Rings Omega (if not for "Extra" story, it would be CR1)
    3. Chaos Rings
    4. Dragon Fantasy
    5. FF3

The 3rd spot wouldve been Chrono Trigger if not for the horrible vstick. Also, i like Ash2 a lot.

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    ^ That's a pretty good list. I actually rank Song Summoner very highly. I think that's something many people haven't heard of that's just a really solid game. Though I guess it's not really an RPG. I guess it's more of a tactical RPG.

Here are some screencaps for those on the fence about getting the game. It's just a complete work of art! The detail in all the backgrounds and characters are :eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The graphics are no joke!

3. Savant

Savant Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Hmmm, if iPhones/iPods/iPhone4/iPhone4s are all bunched up into one version and the iPads bunched into the HD version - does this mean no Retina display for the iPhone 4 owners? Bahhh...

4. hatalin

hatalin Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Just a quick question, I still cant make up my mind on the HD version. Are those images from Iphone or Ipad?

5. 960x640 is the iPhone 4's resolution.

6. DarthSlim

DarthSlim Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2010
    It's out in the US now. The TA front page lied! It's $17.99, not $15.99. I'm still getting it though.

7. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    Quick question is Plu back?

Also am in a dillema. Getting a new ipad friday... but I'm near certain we won't get a native res version of this game for new ipad any time soon...

iphone or ipad?

8. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    It's been awhile since I've been as excited about a game, and insta-bought it. Today is a good day for iOS gaming.

9. DahakaJR

DahakaJR Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    I drive trains, Locomotive Engineer.
    Pacific Northwest.
    I just bought this, if it's not retina, Shizz is crisp as heck! Looks amazing!

iPhone 4, latest iOS.

10. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    #91 L.Lawliet, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
    Those are from my ipod touch 4g. Definitely retina and it'd probably be in my top 3 list of best games graphically on the ipod.

I can't help you guys decide which version to get since i have no idea what the deal is with the ipad / new ipad stuff. All i know is that it looks stunning on the ipod. Actually, my main reason for getting a touch is for a portable, all-in-one system. I use it for music, photos, vids, and games. I would never get anything for my ipad really because it's not portable in my standards (but I'm sure it is for others). So pick your favorite system?

I'm sure anyone who buys this won't regret it. I can't find a single bad thing about this game aside from my save slot complaint :p

11. lostxii

lostxii New Member

Feb 7, 2012
    Is the translation decent overall?

12. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #93 VirtualBoyFreak, Mar 15, 2012
    Mmm, that might be it. Unfortunately for me, at the end of March our time is also changed and added one more hour (@2am it will be 3am), so I guess this "privilege status" will only last two weeks :D

Anyway, back to thread topic: the game installed correctly while i was sleeping, so I'll try it in a few minutes. I'm happy with the impressions I've read up to now. Hopefully spending all my monthly budget in this game will be worth it :)

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    The game is ####ing amazing. Sorry if i used the F word. It's the only adjective i could think of that surpasses godly.

14. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    It's so nice to see non recycled assets from the first two game.

15. DarthSlim

DarthSlim Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Really amazing game so far! Gorgeous visuals, intriguing story, and I like that the puzzles are now built into the environments rather than isolated in rooms full of blocks. The combat still seems just a little too easy at this point, but I'll save my final judgment on that until after I've had some more big boss fights.

16. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

QFT.

Some people don't realize that they have to pay 199.000$ for a heavily pimped Porsche 911 Turbo.
    If they aren't o.k. with that price, they can always stick to a Nissan for 9.900$.

17. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    hard to complain about this price when there's probably only a handful of games on the appstore that can match this kind of quality. it's worth every penny that it costs right now.

18. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    has this game the same cheesy chars and dialogs like in the previous games?

19. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    #100 GoofyJmaster., Mar 15, 2012
    I'm pretty sure if you compare the price to console counterparts (both FF and other RPGs), it's over priced. I'm not complaining. I'm just making an observation. I'll prolly end up buying it. But, like I said, the gameplay time will prolly be considerably less, especially if your an adept player. Also, the production values don't even compare to FF console games, and it's safe to assume that marketing costs are quite minimal; at least when compared to what they do for console games. Then if you're a console gamer with a chip on you shoulder, you want a physical copy. I personally want physical copies as well.

Could we just stop talking about price? SE is going to price there games X way as long as people are willing to pay for it - worth it or not. There will undoubtedly be price drops.

Personally, I want to know if I can download it with less than 1.5 gigs and get some more impressions.