iPad Chaos Rings II - (by Square Enix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Psac42

Psac42 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Doesn't seem to work with iOS8. Thankfully I was in the post-story area and getting bored with the quests. Really good game, liked it a lot. Never really got into 1, now tempted to try it again.

2. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Check the app description in the store. They're working on the fix for ios8

3. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Unfortunately we don't know their time table. That message has been there since iOS8 has released. SQE hasn't updated all their other non-working games either.

4. MasterEx

MasterEx Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Chaos rings and omega have been updated for ios8 and says also optimized for iphone 5 nothing on CR2 though *crossing fingers* wanted continue with it for some time at least good rpg while i wait on CR3

5. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I don't think they've redrawn any of the artwork to make it truly iPhone 5 optimized. That would've probably taken them forever and a couple months. But I'd imagine all the Chaos Rings games will now have pretty borders where there just used to be black, just like Chrono Trigger. I didn't mind the black, but it'll look nicer I guess. But it is just nice to see these all get updated for those who have newer devices.

6. MasterEx

MasterEx Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Chaos rings 2 is unplayable right now on ios8 so they better ad some pretty borders to it just sucks the others have been updated almost simultaniously but this one is left out hope to see an update soon to fix this compatibility issue

7. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    What a joke. Chaos rings 2 is on sale and the game won't even run on ios 8. That's a completely dirty move by SQE. I can't imagine how many people are going to buy it then realize it won't play. They should fix it before they put it on sale. That's like putting defective items in a sale bin and you won't know it doesn't work unless you read the small print.

8. defunct32

defunct32 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2013
    Update is up for Chaos Rings 2 w/ iOS 8 compatibility of course.

9. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Finally. Feels like I've been waiting forever.

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Hell yes. I was kinda bummed with the SE sale since i have all theyre games already hahahaha. This would put me back into CR2 mode.

This should take me off Tap Titans... That game is like crack to me.

11. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    Finally updated! Hate to sound like a skipping record but now they just need to update TWEWY and I'll be the happiest man everrrrrr

12. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
  13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    An honest and agreed upon recod at that. ;)

14. defunct32

Jun 25, 2013
    Feels so good to play the game again, still at Connor's story.

15. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I hate that damn kid.

16. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    How does this game compare to SE FF series since it has only two characters at a time in combat. FF typically has 4. Does only having 2 take away from the experience at all? That's my concern.

17. defunct32

Jun 25, 2013
    Characters in RPGs that uses bow as their weapon are always questionable. Except for Marle in CT.

Never, I find 2 characters in battle is kind of refreshing and easier to manage, not to mention can be quite challenging. Chaos Rings 2 has a different battle mechanics as well in the sense that you can go Solo for individual damage or pair up to deliver maximum output, of course elements like fire vs water vs wind and other features plays a part to turn the tides of battle.

There's summon in this game, yes, like the FF series but don't expect anything grand, limit break and the like. You'll definitely enjoy this quite a bit if you love the FF series.

Go watch some YouTube videos to decide. ;) also since it's on sale why not?

18. Crazyboy423

Crazyboy423 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Studdent
    France
    Any news about the worldwide release of CR3?

19. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    #559 smegly, Dec 23, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
    That's probably one of the least of the differences in and of itself.

There's a lot more emphasis on indirect skills like debuffs, big attacks with chances of failure, health percentage stuff, etc. I found myself exploring the whole skill list much more in CR2 than in most FF games; character roles are harder to pin down into one category and I found it to be more elusive to objectively rank skills from bad to good. It's not really a hard game though, because there are some simple techniques to quickly get to the point where random battles are over in one move nearly every single time; bosses are always interesting though.

Only one character is explicitly a really gifted traditional magic user, while everyone else is some sort of warrior variant with def/spd/atk differences that often work similarly well as another the same skills equipped, so it's a bit like FF7 without the big spread in limit break quality. But again, the skills in the game are of a trickier nature so while the characters have their archetypes, the skills kind of fall in with any kind of archetype.

I think generally, the systems incorporated into battles bring more to the game than having more characters in play at once in that you have to weigh making solo or dual actions. Also, the order in which the game's events occur depend on who you choose to use.

I will say though, I didn't particularly enjoy the previous CR games and I think there is valid concern with those about the two-person system. Plot-wise it worked fine, but I don't think the CR battle system had matured enough until CR2, to make for a really good alternative to something more traditional.

20. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Thanks for the replies. Very comprehensive. I went ahead and bought it with the sale on. Good to hear the 2 character thing doesn't detract.