iPad Chaos Rings - by Square Enix

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Apr 19, 2010.

1. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    Any word on chaos rings 2 and TWEWY?! Been DYING to play through them again and it was only made worse when I knew I couldn't play them anymore.

2. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    No clue... But what's wrong with TWEWY? iOS 8 issues?

It's still playing fine on my iP5 w/ iOS 7.1.2

3. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Wth. Okay it's good they fixed this one but seriously? Work on the newer/more popular ones first... Square doesn't know their priorities apparently.

4. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    They are working on it. That's better than nothing.

5. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Chaos Rings 1 is by leaps and bounds the most popular of the titles that broke with iOS 8. Plus, since Omega runs in the same engine, fixing one means fixing both. I imagine this specific team will have CR2 fixed soon, then go back to the international release of CR3. TWEWY is a completely different team.

6. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Well hard to say better than nothing because at the moment it is nothing. There's no progress report or anything so I can't even tell if they're working on it. I doubt they're constantly working on it because optimizations from a big company shouldn't take two months unless you're prioritizing other things. For all we know they could have been just working on chaos rings 1 just last week only..

7. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Well, personally, I'm ecstatic that SE updated this... I never completed it the first time through and then got an iP5 shortly after, so it was just uncomfortable to play...

I'm incredibly happy to be diving into this again, and though SE is slow with the updates, I can't help but be excited when one goes through.

I'm VERY happy that they're going through their backlog and updating games people never thought would see updates again.

Yes, SE could do better on mobile, but they've already provided TONS of nostalgia, and let me play some classics for the first time (I didn't get into RPGs until I got a PS2, so I've missed most everything RPG related pre-2000). And I feel nothing but gratitude towards them for almost all they've let lose on the mobile gaming scene.

8. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Well said. I'm so thankful I can be playing Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy Tactics, as well as all of the Final Fantasy games. And now, with the Dragon Quest games being released, I have all the more reason to be grateful. But unfortunately, the more games they release, the more they have to update or remove from the App Store. I'm kind of enjoying being one phone generation behind because of their slow updates!

9. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    Ya. Ios 8 issues. Along with all the chaos rings games. Makes me really regret updating. Wahhh

10. Serenityinaz12

Serenityinaz12 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2015
    I just finished the first stage and I notice now I have 2/4 stars earned on that stage. How do you get 4/4? Do you have to run it with another character? Do you have to go through it on the next level (11-20)? Or what?

11. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    If I remember correctly, you earn more stars depending on the level you select. But it may also have to do with how far you explore the level -- treasure chests you open, exp earned, etc.

12. Doriphor

Doriphor New Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Game crashes on iOS 9

I just bought the game and it crashes during the intro (at different times depending on the character selected, but always at the same time). I'm running iOS 9 on an iPhone 6. Does anybody else have this issue? :/

13. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I don't have iOS 9, but in the CR3 thread or iOS broken apps thread there is discussion about how CR3 isn't working on 64-bit devices running iOS 9. I would imagine the same will hold true with 1 & 2. Hopefully, MediaVision will rush some updates, but who knows. For CR3, though, people are saying that putting their device in airplane mode and then starting the game up has allowed it to work properly. But it must be done every time you launch the app. So, I'd suggest trying that. Hope it helps!

14. Psac42

Psac42 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    I just checked on my iPad Mini 2 on iOS9 with the iphone version of the app and it's fine. But I haven't tried my phone, sorry.

15. Doriphor

Doriphor New Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Airplane mode doesn't help, but I was expecting as much, since the game runs properly, it just crashes.

Thank you guys for trying to help, I have submitted a support ticket on Square Enix's website, so we'll see how it goes!

16. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Does it work on iOS 9?