iPad Chaos Rings - by Square Enix

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Apr 19, 2010.

1. toythatkills

toythatkills Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Thames Ditton, UK
    Oh, that explains why my update failed, then.

I just deleted it instead too.

2. Psac42

Psac42 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    I'm really close to deleting, too. Never got far with the game, it really didn't pull me in at all, the navigation screens, random battles, etc., were really annoying, and when I finally was able to run the encounters off, it made me too weak to defeat the next boss. Ugh. This is becoming the next Puzzle Quest 2.

3. riggysmalls

riggysmalls Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Oregon
    I'll probably delete soon too unless we see a fix soon.

4. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2011
    Gentleman Adventurer.
    Lancaster, UK
    Adding the Japanese voice acting was entirely deliberate, so I don't think Square Enix will be trying to 'fix' it*...

*Unless you were talking about using better compression techniques, of course, in which case that would be nice. But I don't imagine they will.

5. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I removed it from my iPhone as soon as I saw that the update increased 5 times its size. I think it's pathetic to be forced to get Japanese voice which doesn't add anything to gameplay... Only finished it with two pairs. I'm just curious to see the real ending/achievement of finishing with four pairs, but I guess that a Youtube research will do the trick...

6. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    All this wining here is so poor. If it was this file size from the beginning, nobody would complain. They made one of the best App Store experiences even more immersive and just because some of you have loads of crap on their devices and/or could just afford the smallest version, you have to cry out loud now.

7. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2011
    Gentleman Adventurer.
    Lancaster, UK
    #1267 Graymalkin, Aug 28, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
    It's an issue with Chaos Rings Omega since there are still scheduled updates for that game, but there's not going to be anything else for this one - meaning you can simply not update it - it's not like the update disn't mention the size increase. Problem solved...

8. RazvanGNR

RazvanGNR Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    kudos

9. Haoulelouch

Haoulelouch Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2011
    does increasing the file size reduce the game performance or something? don't think it did for me. if you really enjoy this game you shouldn't mind too much the increase in size lol, considering this is one of the best rpgs on the app store imo.

10. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I personally think it's the worst Square game I've played on any system, I was actually really disappointed when I bought it at its full price, there are better RPG's for free on the app store like Undercroft and countless others for half the price or less.

I've kept it on my device up until now probably only because of the price but with the size increase it's not worth keeping, the size when actually installed now is about 900mb that isn't trivial even on my 64gb ipod.

It's a shame apple don't let you freeze versions without constantly nagging you to update things but since they do it's deleted.

11. your personal robot

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    I get your point. You already hated the game and now you found one reason more to rant about it ;)
    I also think it's one of the best - if not the best - iOS RPG game (series). And it's an original. You can't praise that fact enough. No clunky port of a twenty year old game. I love every bit about it, controls (true iOS controls), presentation, story (EPIC!!). But that's just my opinion.

12. RazvanGNR

RazvanGNR Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    I think that at this point i bought over 1000 games, and on my list of undeletable games (there are quite very few actually) this is my second game! the first being chaos ring omega (the story really made me cry, and it made me care for all characters)!
    These 2 games are spectacular in my opinion! everything about them is superb starting with the story (which for me is the most important thing in these type of games), characters, voice acting, MUSIC (the music is just beautiful)!
    On top of that it has great graphics, gameplay etc.
    And all the above points make for a great deal of replay value!

It may seem for some that i praise these games a lot, but these 2 are the only ones that kept me on the iphone days at a time!

And yeah, i don`t see a problem with the file size and i`m quite stunned that this ''problem'' is SO MUCH discussed here!

13. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Well how you can all worship a game that takes maybe 4 or 5 hours to beat and has maybe half a dozen enemys is beyond me. You are really expecting people to believe you are playing this over a year later.

Each to their own but I find it very unlikely.

14. shadon09

shadon09 Member

Jun 23, 2011
    Lol! 4-5 hours! This game take over 30 hours!

15. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    #1275 GregB, Aug 28, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
    Showing for $6.99 in US app store. Wonder if Omega will drop below $5 soon.

16. your personal robot

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    That's just proving that you don't know what you are talking about. Sorry.

17. the9quad

the9quad Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Bought the game haven't really played it much due to other things taking my attention away. But could someone explain to me why adding Japanese voices adds anything to gameplay for a non-japaneese speaking person? Is it people speaking English with japaneese accents? Is it only activated if you are playing the japaneese version ? Or are we inundated with people saying things in japaneese? I havent updated yet because don't see the point, but if there is a reason to update I will.

18. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    It adds nothing to gameplay it's a pointless update that will only leave you with less space.

19. Keefer

Keefer Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Agreed. I think Chaos Rings is even better than FF I-III. :cool:

By the way, I totally love the voice update. True, it makes the game size much bigger, but it's worth it.

20. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    I dropped $8.99 on Omega and couldn't be happier. Been at it for several hours and didn't want to stop last night.