iPad Chaos Rings - by Square Enix

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Apr 19, 2010.

1. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    Could you just pm me anything interesting? I don't want to grind and do all that. I just wanna know anything interesting about piu piu

2. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Man, those bosses in game+! Am I really supposed to level into the 70-ties? Because my couple is level 36 and has no chance.

Also, must I re-play all levels with all couples in game+ for completion?

I have to say that Chaos Rings is a very enjoyable game. They did really interesting things with level sequence and story variations - at the very least going through with the second couple is still very entertaining.

3. Andiron

Andiron Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2010
    #1243 Andiron, Apr 2, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
    I think that NewGame+ (or whatever it's called) resets your game's status (at least on a per-couple basis) so that you keep your genes and maybe your money but your character levels and everything else is reset.

You do *not* repeat *not* need to go through that NewGame+ stuff to fight Piu Piu or the secret bosses!

Just go through the dungeons again after you've gone through them the first time - don't even have to fight the end boss to do that...

Here's how it works - when you fight one of the bosses in the game with a couple, if you go back to the same area then you can fight a secret boss who will now be in the same location - but the fight is purely optional and I highly advise you bypassing them until you are higher level (50 or 60 at least for the secret bosses in the first and maybe second dungeons).

Not sure why everyone seems to think that the NewGame+ is how you fight the extra bosses and (eventually) fight Piu Piu if wanted. You'll have to effectively play through the game twice if you do it that way...

4. Bdragonst

Bdragonst Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Student
    Japan -> S.Korea -> USA
    On sale from $12.99 to $3.99

5. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    I'm really tempted to get this now that it's on sale. However, I read some of the reviews, and some have said it's too easy and too repetitive. People either seem to love it or hate it. I'm not a big fan of JRPGs (I prefer Western RPGs), but I do like a good story and pretty graphics (who doesn't?). Are there people here who, like me, aren't into JRPGs but liked this anyway?

6. jjjmedia

jjjmedia Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    This was my first JRPG (and I'm more into more action-based RPGs like Aralon), but it was really the interesting story and awesome graphics that hooked me. (Soundtrack's great, too.)

I can understand people saying it's repetitive and easy, and I still don't completely get the appeal of turn-based RPGs, but honestly, I got into the story so much, and at this price, it's a must-have.

7. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Seriously? JRPG is usually known for grinds and sometimes, high difficulties; for better or worse.
    Chaos Rings is pretty much the opposite of that, again, for better or worse.
    I played the game with an open mind, basically accepting the game for what it is and what it accomplishes (and it did impress me at that).

8. Shankopotamus

Shankopotamus Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    I just downloaded the update. The description said it updated the icon and SQEX line-up. What is that?

9. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    On the title screen there are two ugly buttons that don't match everything else.

The SQEX line up is the list of all SQEX iOS apps that are available, and it's found under the Black Square Enix icon. They just added info for Chaos Rings Omega

They just added a little color to the icon to make it look different since we just downloaded over 200mb for no good reason

10. Shankopotamus

Mar 28, 2011
    OK thanks lol.

11. incineratee

incineratee Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    IMO they should add game center for this as well since omega version got it.

12. Shankopotamus

Mar 28, 2011
    Yeah that's what I was hoping for when I saw that there was an update available. It turns out it was just a new icon and a new ad.

13. Tikicobra

Tikicobra Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    The updates for this game are terrible. I'd love Game Center, but instead we get a new ad.

14. donner

donner Well-Known Member

So... Is there any point in this game where it gets challenging? Please let me know because so far I'm not finding any...

15. drunkhobo15

drunkhobo15 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Waiter
    Fort Worth, Texas
    As I told you in the other thread...no the game is very easy. This series is about the story. We live in a casual gaming era where even when they rerelease old final fantasies they nerf the shit out of them and let you save INSIDE dungeons.

16. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Once you defeat an area you can go back and select the Lvl ranges of the enemies. Just select something much higher than your current level? That's about all the challenge you will get

17. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    #1257 Teknikal, Aug 24, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
    Looks like I'll be removing this one from itunes and my ipod completely. They've just put out an update that increases the size from 273mb to 941mb and apparantly adds nothing but japanese voices something I consider useless.

They must be using uncompressed WAV or something to have done something so ridiculous.

Not a game I ever really got into and I definitely can't justify it wasting that much space on me and I don't want nagged about updates in itunes either.

eurgh

edit: they have just changed the app store to say 698mb so who knows what size it actually is.

18. yorrick

yorrick Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Sydney, Australia
    Saw that update that punched the size up from 273MB to nearly 700MB.
    If doubling the size to add an additional language is the only new feature introduced, then that kills any future gameplay on this game for me! <meh!>

19. Snacks48

Snacks48 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Itunes says its 897mb,

The voices are ok and can be turned off if wanted thankfully, but how bad do your programmers have to be to Triple a games size over one language, its not even fully voiced actually.

20. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Down to US$3.99? I don't see it... :rolleyes: