iPad Chaos Rings - by Square Enix

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Apr 19, 2010.

1. sdmiracle

sdmiracle Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    not really, i think the swords will change but not the armor

2. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    With the sale, it was an easy buy for me (though I'm not sure about your game preferences). The problem is that sooo many games came out this month so choosing which to play is a bit tough. :(

3. LawLessLove

LawLessLove Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    After beating all 4 stories is there more gameplay or just a cutscene?

4. LawLessLove

Nov 18, 2010
    bump

5. ps49556n

ps49556n Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2010
    BUY THIS GAME!!! If you are a fan of Square games this is a no brainer... Everything about this game makes it a winner with the exception that in my opinion, it gets to be VERY easy after you reach level 15-20. At that point you are pretty much just playing through to enjoy the story, which is IMO one of Square's best in a game for a few years.

YOu really really need to play through EVERY couple and complete all the scenarios in order to "complete" the game as this is how to story is told.

I don't understand your question. Once you play through the first time and go through the final door you can play through with a new couple. There are additional scenarios that you must complete with each couple to truly complete the game.

6. kaboom132

kaboom132 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    After beating all 4 stories (SPOILER, highlight to see answer) you fight the final boss, the Qualia, with some of the longer cutscenes between fights.

7. TooTinyMan

TooTinyMan Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Over there --->
    Nah, those don't change either.

8. LawLessLove

Nov 18, 2010
    This game was fun and horrible at the same time.

9. EvilAnimePanda

EvilAnimePanda Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Yeah there's another boss. And then there's the hidden boss. And then there's New Game+ :D

10. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    ****SPOILER*******

I beat the boss where all 4 stories converge. It seems there's more unlickae stuff after this. How do I access it and what are they?

11. yongkykun

yongkykun Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    3D Animator
    Indonesia
    Forget the spoiler alert. No one seems to be playing this game anymore. You do remember Piu-piu? That cat-looking bloke who sells stuff? You need to fight him to get the ultimate gear for your characters.

12. onewithchaos

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    Just talked to him and he said there's a really strong guy but I'll only meet him if I meet certain conditions. He means himself then? So last unlockable after beating quallia is just more gear?

I just wanna make sure I've completed this all the way and move on to a new game.

Thanks for the quick reply!!!

13. yongkykun

yongkykun Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    3D Animator
    Indonesia
    Yes. The only way you can fight him is by playing newGame+ (as far as I can remember). Then, once you can't level up anymore and at the end fo the game after you've defeated Qualia, you can meet up with him and he'll challenge you. Do that with all the other couples and your game's opening menu will change to something sweet.

14. onewithchaos

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    Cool, I think I'm done with the game though. Just waiting for FFT, FF3, and BfW multitasking update meanwhile I'll give inotia 3 some time though TB rpg's are the ones I enjoy better

15. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    Just wanted to express my rage I have because they said the sale on Chaos Rings would last through March 31. It is still March 31 in America my fellow Japanese.

16. meder87

meder87 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Product Development Manager
    In the world of iOS
    Yeah i'm pretty PO'd myself. I thought today was the last day to get it.

17. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Yeah, of course, why buy it on any other day in the ENTIRE past week, but wait to try and buy it at the end..I'm sure it's Square's fault that they put some of the best RPGs on the AppStore on sale for an entire week and aren't set up in the US. They began the sale a day before they said they would..so clearly they weren't using US time?

18. badbadname765

badbadname765 Member

Feb 27, 2011
    nice. very nice!

19. Andiron

Andiron Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2010
    No!!! You don't get to fight Piu Piu with "NewGame+" unless you play through the *entire* game again as that couple!

All you have to do to fight Piu Piu is to (not in any order):
    - Defeat the Qualia with all four couples.

- Defeat all "secret" bosses in all dungeons - these are the bosses that appear in the dungeons after you defeat the regular ones that are the "evil" contained in the crystals that show up. Just go through another dungeon after you complete it the first time and you'll see what I mean. I found getting to the first "secret" boss in each dungeon to be faster if you just skip to the second part of the dungeon on your later run through and then run back to the first dungeon area. You should hit the secret boss crystal in that first area immediately. Still have to run through the full second area of the dungeon to get to the second boss, but by then you should be able to turn off random encounters. You also need ot defat the other secret bosses in the final dungeon, such as your couple's shadows.

-Probably want to be a high level - minimum of 70 but probably closer to 85 or 90 really. I won't spoil the fight for you but Piu Piu is the hardest boss in the game for a reason.

20. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    I haven't even started playing .... :)