iPad Chaos Rings - by Square Enix

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Krollx

Krollx Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Grinding on 9x's on any map is the best way to go.

2. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    I understand what you are saying, especially in today's app store economy. But the game is worth the asking price, IMHO. It's still on my device and gets played many many months after purchase.

3. kahyong

kahyong New Member

Dec 10, 2010
  4. ps49556n

ps49556n Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2010
    I purchased Chaos Rings back in august, went through the game in about 6 hours with the first couple and put it down. Recently I have been playing again and have been enjoying it immensely. You really do need to play through with every couple to get the complete story and experience. Don't let the price turn you off; it is more than worth the $13 or whatever it costs currently. I suspect one could easily get 40 hours out of this game, not to mention the polish of the whole package. On an iphone4, the graphics look like a PS2 game.

With that said, regarding the graphics, since I started playing again recently I have been noticing that during many battles the frame rate suffers terribly on my iphone4...anyone else notice this?

5. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    same =/

it is a shame cuz Eternal Legacy may look worse, but that game runs as smooth as butter.

6. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
    On sale, $5.99

7. Insane. :eek:

Definitely worth checking out at that price. Now, about Secret of Mana...

8. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    Indeed it is! It's one of the all time best games for the iOS. The story, gameplay, music, everything comes together so perfectly.

:D

9. Kylescorpion

Kylescorpion Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Hmm now that's tempting as hell

10. gospel9

gospel9 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Absolutely worth the $13 that i paid for. Best on iOS, some even say the story is more interesting than FF13!

11. Watabou

Watabou Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    I got it when it was dropped to $10 and even at that price, I don't regret it a bit. It has awesome story, amazing graphics coupled with great gameplay. One of the best iOS games hands down.

12. acrotran

acrotran Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Well, I was hoping for a Chaos Rings sale, but this beat my expectations. Downloading...

13. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Absolutely agree! Chaos Rings @ $13 was on my back burner list to get after I've finished off the major games on my iPhone, or once I know I have alot more time to play. I would have be happy to pay at that price, but $5.99 is just too good to be miss out! Guess this is setting a precendent for Secret of Mana to go on sale, afew months later... when they introduce Secret of Mana 2! :D

14. DopyG

DopyG Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Gotta ask a question...

I just bought Chaos Rings because it was lowered to 36 DKK (50 % off!!!!), but I noticed that it didnt really have retina support?

I have tried it on another buddys iPhone 4 and there it had super sharp textures...

Maybe I remember wrong but can anyone here comfirm that the textures on the start rooms background, when the agent presents him self is a bit square?

Also low on framerate, but not that big of a problem...

BTW I'm on OS 4.1 with iPhone 4... If there is a problem will updating to 4.2 fix it?

15. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    It was recently optimized for retina displays.

This game was released before the iPhone 4 and iPod touch G4 were available, so the textures were optimized for older devices. These lower resolution textures take away absolutely nothing from the fun of the game however.

At the time of its release (April 2010), it was a HUGE step forward for iOS graphics. Again, to squeeze everything to fit the limits of the older devices, there are some very minor slow downs during some attacks. But considering this is a turn-based RPG, these slow downs don't matter in the slightest.

16. DopyG

DopyG Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Yeah as I said, I dont really care bout slow downs, but the background seemed more square than last time I played it on a friends phone o_o

17. gospel9

gospel9 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Chaos Rings, No.1 in Japanese App Store. (followed by SoM)

[​IMG]

Not only is Chaos Rings the Top Paid (and grossing) app in the Japanese App Store, it was also chosen as the best game of Japan via iTunes rewind.

[​IMG]

Do not miss the sale, guys. Happy Xmas.

18. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Sooooooo close to buying. Someone tell me if I should click the buy button.

19. polycontrale

polycontrale Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    If you liked PS1-era Square RPGs, you'll like this. It would have fit right in alongside the rest of their games around that period.

20. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Does your appearance change with new gear?