iPad Chaos Rings - by Square Enix

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Apr 19, 2010.

1. BrainGame

BrainGame Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Nurse
    Philippines
    ....:rolleyes:

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Thanks for the impressions. Interesting that Uranus is on the same time zone as NZ ;). Can't wait till 11:00 PM EST.

3. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    I'm worried about how it might play on non 3rd Gen models that don't have the upgraded RAM and also worried about how hard it will be on the battery.

4. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    His profile says iPod Touch 2G!!!!!!!!

EXCITEDDDDD!!!11!!1!!1!!!!!1111!!!11!!1!11!!!!!

5. medianotzu

Nov 21, 2009
    And yes, once more, if the game is at the same quality as a DS or PSP title, I am personally willing to pay the same price...maybe it would be reasonable to subtract the shipping and packaging costs, but the point is that $13 US is still frickin' cheap for a game of high caliber, and I personally really really hope this higher quality games becomes a trend. If that means paying a relatively cheap $13 per game, I'll be ecstatic.

6. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    iPod Touch 2G is still faster than my 3G, and I'm sure it's noticeable on a game like this.

7. medianotzu

Nov 21, 2009
    Is it? That's really odd to me that an older device would be faster than a newer one...

8. Ragio

Ragio Member

Nov 26, 2009
    The Touch 2G is newer than the iPhone 3G.

9. Rivozzz

Rivozzz Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    i totally agree with you...random encounters s*ucks...all you said is true
    BUT to some unknown reason ....i find myself buying them and playing them till i end them....maybe im addicted or need help!

10. BrainGame

BrainGame Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Nurse
    Philippines
    actually they have the same amount of RAM but maybe the iphone 3g uses more memory than the ipod touch 2g because of the phone function in Iphone 3g which causes it to run slower... that's only a guess though:confused:

11. tadad1

tadad1 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Uranus
    Touch 2G, and I am not noticing any lag or hiccups most likely because backgrounds are prerendered and aside from a bit of moving mist or snowfall there are only 2 or 3 3D models on screen at any one time all with turn based animation so I don't see it being a problem on older devices.

Only a couple of cutscenes so far but I have only cleared 2 levels but most of the story is conveyed through dialogue panels.

12. Rivozzz

Rivozzz Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    by the way why do we have to wait till it becomes the exact day in our country

cant a dev say to apple make it available now in all countries
    or there is some law saying it must follow time???

if i was a dev ..when my game is ready..i will demand to be available everywhere when its done

i dont see a reason of that system..unless the dev wants to for some unknown fetis*

13. RagManX

RagManX Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2010
    I am saying that people who are me and who are into FF games are into sucky games. When I say "sucky or boring (sometimes both) to me" I am speaking of what the games are like to all the people who are me. I try not to offend others for having differing tastes in games, so I try to state things in a way that makes it clear to anyone willing to read and think that I'm only saying I find them not to my suiting. I make no judgement about others who like them, and if anything I said implies that then I've not expressed my opinion clearly enough.

I trust that you are not me, and therefore if you like the FF games I cannot make a claim to whether or not they are sucky for you.

14. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    iTouch 2G's processor is clocked higher than iPhone 3G's (though they're exactly the same processore) and yes, maybe iPhone's memory also filled with background process like reception and stuffs like that.

15. medianotzu

Nov 21, 2009
    You are my favorite person in the world at this moment. :eek:

16. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Do you have other 3D games to compare the 'smoothness' to? For example, how is it compared to Gangstar / Dungeon Hunter / Skater Nation / Terminator Salvation? (they're rather choppy on 3G)
    How's it compared to Wild West Pinball / Snail Mail? (they're butter smooth even on 3G)

17. NBM05

NBM05 Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Ha. Well said. I personally have never enjoyed MGS, so I know where you're coming from. I've always admitted they must be well made games since so many people like them, but I've tried three of them and haven't finished any or gotten into any.

18. medianotzu

Nov 21, 2009
    I have learned something here today, thanks guys! :)

19. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    It depends on which the devs want. Some choose to make it available as soon as it's approved, which means it's available at the same time in all countries. Some choose to release it on certain date to make sure all marketing and pre-release promotion are done, in that case you must wait until you reach that date in your country.

20. Khamous

Khamous Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Nice to see it is already out, caught me by surprise tho, I expected this in a few months at least :p.

And yes, I, too, don't like random encounters, but oh well I can live with them, much prefer the likes of ToS and CT where you can choose not to fight when you just wanna rush it, but I think the random encounters are just something that can be overshadowed if they're not every 2 steps and if the rest of the game is good enough.

That said, I too wont bite on this head on due to the price, but depending on the impressions (let's hope there's at least 1 person that buys this 1st glance that wont have price/SE bias, harder than you can imagine from what I've read) and decide upon that, or a release of a lite.