iPad Chaos Rings - by Square Enix

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Kiwi: New Zealander
    kiwi: an endangered flightless bird native to New Zealand

2. BrainGame

BrainGame Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Nurse
    Philippines
    happy birthday kapatid.. astig toh... lol... somebody in NZ have this game already??? waiting for impressions... :D

3. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    New Zealanders.

4. kugi_igi

kugi_igi Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Punturin
    salamat kapatid,ba mka TV5 k pla,niyahahaha
    anyways,anyone here played it already?
    at least make us more excited :D

5. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    Hah, FF games have 2 characters per party and are based around arenas now? I didn't know that.

Eh, FF haters will always be FF haters.

6. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Don't forget this hairy kiwi too:
    [​IMG]

7. Goose

Goose Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    i am also a hairy kiwi, but alas, i live in the uk, so i have to wait till 11am to get my copy :<

8. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Is it just me, or does the girl singing in the trailer sound like South Park's impression of Barbara Streisand?

9. JazzFlight

JazzFlight Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    New York
    Once someone who has an iPad buys this app, let us know how it looks in 2x mode on the iPad (that's where I'm planning to play the game).

10. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    I was referring more to game mechanics than style. Personally I am just tired of seeing the same mechanics over and over again over the course of two decades. Particularly when I wasn't thrilled with certain persistent aspects to begin with. (Does this game have invisible random encounters? If not, I may look in, otherwise I would not play it for free.)

11. Rivozzz

Rivozzz Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Although i dont mind high price for quality games and specially if it was square enix..i think this is their only game i didnt download uptill now..and woould love to complete the collection

But iphone pricing shouldnt be high like other consoles..it is alot restricted by its poor battery and limited screen and controls..thats to enjoy a game like ff1 ff2 or any rpg ...you must at home and plugging the charger while the main consoles ps3 or whatever is just beside you..which changes the iphone from portable mobile to homebound specially for rpg

wish iphone battery could sustain long times of play speciallly outdoors!

12. kugi_igi

kugi_igi Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Punturin
    that's a good reason but i think that's with APple matters not the devs ;)

13. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    IT'S OUT!! WOOT!!!!

Yeah, I just woke up and this was the first thing I saw. I can't wait until this goes stateside... I don't even mind paying over 10 bucks for this one!

14. Maythius

Maythius Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2008
    For those who haven't figured out release times yet, the US release will be 11pm EST.

And I am more the happy about the price. People need to understand that this is an ORIGINAL RPG for the iphone; not a crappy cell phone port or TD game. I KNOW this is going to be amazing. Think about it... it's only 3 dollars more than the $10 premium game.

15. chris1215

chris1215 Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    If it's a console quality game, I think a higher price is warranted. With this being a square enix game, if it came out on the DS you can be sure it'd be priced just like all other square enix games 34.99 to 39.99 so I'm more than content with this price tag.

16. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    YESSSS!!!!

I am happy it's over US $10, as long as the quality is there, and it looks to be. My concern is:

HOW DOES IT RUN ON AN iPOD TOUCH 2G????!!!!!!

*praying it runs well*

17. Maythius

Nov 3, 2008
    It was in development before 3GS and 3rd Gen so I think we'll be okay :)

18. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Fair enough. Not sure about random encounters on this one, but my guess is not. Turn-based combat is a matter of taste for people -- though I have to say that it has grown on me considerably over the past year.

19. Maythius

Nov 3, 2008
    I pretty sure it's random encounters. If you look at the screenshots or the video you'll see the open area dungeons with no enemy in sight. I'd say that I'm 85% sure it's random encounters.

I don't think the gameplay is going to be outdated RPG gameplay. S-E seemed to have to develop an interesting "pair" system as well as the use of genes to customize your characters abilities. Also the fact that the dungeons evolve with the progress of your characters seems to always add a reason to go back to what you've already completed.

20. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Turn-based combat is epic awesomeness... ;)
    Intelligence and strategy over button mashing!

Well, I just wonder that most of our asian gaming girls aren't posting like hell here. Aurora, for example. Hello! Girls! It is Square / Enix! ;)