iPad CHAOS RINGS - (by SQUARE ENIX) [v1.1]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, May 18, 2011.

1. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    sigh, wish they'd hurry up and bring FF tactics and I do hope they bring the awesome ds final fantasy IV. That game would rock on a device that can handle the graphics (ds version chugggggeed).

2. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Can anyone tell me what GC features CRO offers? I bought it, but wasn't planning on touching it until I finished the original.

3. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    So, playing for the last hours, can't put it down, once again. The story is interesting enough to keep me playing. Otherwise, it's 100% Chaos Rings. One new addition I like, there is an upgrade that gives you the opportunity (a button) to start a battle at any time (good for grinding). What I don't like, the particle/weather effects are way too much, rather distracting and annoying than upgrading the old settings, it's just a bit too much, I think.

Again, so far, story keeps me playing. Just can't stop. It's like a new interesting chapter that adds to the whole Chaos Rings universe.

4. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    I'm afraid that people are going to criticize this for expecting something that the game doesn't promise. This game does exactly what it says it will: expand and supplement the original CR. It doesn't advertise itself as a significant change in mechanics/skills/environments etc. I'm assuming that CR 2 will go in that direction, since a sequel has increasingly come to mean adding some differences to the core gameplay. The bottom line for me is, if you were enthralled with the CR universe like I was, this is a no-brainer. The level of quality, story, and lore are there in abundance just like they were with CR. I'm thrilled to have another story to explore in the CR universe, and hope the level of quality continues with CR 2, and hopefully beyond.

5. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    But u will stop...the battery will stop you! LOL

6. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    I want it to be as meaty as the first game (around same amount of hours = doing every character's storyline in original) cuz it kinda cost around the same as CR at launch no? It doesn't hurt for it to have some kind of new system or what not...

7. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Just asking...have you finished it? The original was much longer than people realized the day after release. Also, this has scheduled updates.

8. stogie53

stogie53 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009

So if I have never played any Chaos Rings, would this be a good one to jump into?

9. serotonina

serotonina Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Storywise no. Grab the first one, on sale right now. If you like it, grab this one too.

10. gelas_plastik

gelas_plastik Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    #90 gelas_plastik, May 19, 2011
    Last edited: May 19, 2011
    hmm .. been waiting for this one, however early impression seems to state that they recycle a lot, and someone even claim that this is a 100% Chaos Rings copy with a new storyline ..

so the only pros here, new storyline .. correct me if I'm wrong?

if really that is the case,then guess I just have to revisited and replay chaos rings first .. I kinda forgot what is the original chaos ring story like .. therefore replaying it could be fun - *and hopefully while I'm at that, omega will be on sale haha - definitely going to be a long wait or maybe that day never come .. and if the day never came, I can always check wikipedia for the new story and use my imagination*

11. your personal robot

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Right now, the end credits are running. And I'm VERY happy. Again, such an intense experience with great characters and a strong story (1, not 4), the final world is such a wonderful sight, the last battles are gigantic again. I got everything I love about the best SE RPGs and Chaos Rings and would gladly spend twice as much.

Can't wait for the updates. I'm in deep love with this series. Seriously. That's a quality of mobile game, not many game out there come even close.

EDIT: Hahahaha, and after the end, some cool stuff waiting for you! (Wow!)

Thank you SE, I like this much more - good original stuff - over any port.

12. jjjmedia

jjjmedia Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    How many hours did you put into it? And are there any interesting twists or surprises?

13. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    So if I haven't finished the first one, will this completely spoil the story of Chaos Rings for me in short order? Or do the big spoilers only occur at the end of this one?

14. your personal robot

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Hmm, I think, you really should complete the first one. I think, people who play this first, and the original second won't have that much fun with the original game anymore. This is really all about adding to the original story. My personal impression.

15. your personal robot

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    I did some grinding at the end (with the wonderful battle button) to level up to 90. I guess, something around 10 hours? It's really like one storyline from the first. It's not that much about twists and surprises but about atmosphere, I think. And you can start a game+ with all your skills and stats (I just played agains enemies of level 21-30), so there is still much of gaming inside. Plus, there is this special, I'm just looking into and it seems like some fun extra hours... so, definitely, you get A LOT for your money.

16. detectivekid

detectivekid Member

Sep 22, 2010
    Funny Joke in Chaos Rings

Wow I am just starting to play this game..I really love the high quality of the game. It's rare to find good quality games in the App Store. Haven't played such awesome game in a while ever since the first Chaos Rings. Whoever did the English adaption did a superb job on it so far! When I was playing it I encountered a funny scene:

When Ayuta saw Vieg and Olgar together, he was like, "Are you two involved....?" bahahaha so funny!!!

Anyways good job Square Enix and hope you guys make even more awesome games in the future!

17. Watabou

Watabou Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    #97 Watabou, May 20, 2011
    Last edited: May 20, 2011
    Seems pretty good so far. I just got past dungeon 1 so I'm not that far but I agree it's just more of the same which isn't bad considering the first one was brilliant.

Anyways, does anyone know how to turn off random encounters? It's not in the same place it was in the first one.

EDIT: Nevermind, I forgot I had to actually get the skill for that. whoops. haha

18. gospel9

gospel9 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Going to wait for the voice over for this one. When is it coming supposedly? Can we play with the Japanese voice overs and English text?

19. drunkhobo15

drunkhobo15 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Waiter
    Fort Worth, Texas
    After you beat the game,
    the extra game mode is hilarious and it really appeals to the achievement whores of the gaming world

Now I can tell where the extra minibosses and such will come into play. So is there any reason to level your character to max in the
    original game mode instead of the extra mode
    ?