iPad CHAOS RINGS - (by SQUARE ENIX) [v1.1]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, May 18, 2011.

1. NonSoft

NonSoft Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Good bye weekend...

Chaos Rings is one of, if not my favorite iOS game... Can't wait to download this one.

2. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Wow! I was planning to spend 5 or 6 bucks tonight. Guess that plan has just been shut down. :D

3. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

Looks great, and I'm glad they added different screenshots to show new areas. The set they released when first announcing the game looked like it was all recycled but with new characters. Glad to see the added content.

Now... do I finish the other character-lines on Chaos Rings, or jump into Omega?

4. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    +1, F**K YEAH!

Can't wait for this one. What a freaking night of releases and updates. The summer rush is here. Square Enix ftw.

5. legoshoes

legoshoes Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2010
    How could you even ask? The other characters in Chaos Rings are integral to the overarching story. It's not all about Escher wanting immortality, you know.

6. Khamous

Khamous Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    These are USD$12 I play gladly! Can't wait for this :D

7. ImLegend

ImLegend Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    #27 ImLegend, May 18, 2011
    Last edited: May 18, 2011
    At business point of view, SE is pretty smart, simple change chars look with story re-arrangement, ppl will rush in and buy this big title game which price is actually over the iOS market level. The level cap update is just a joke, how hard can it be by simple changing the level constant number. They should improve the skill animation, I hate all different skill just display as different color foggy.

8. Khamous

Aug 15, 2009
    Yes they are, they also noticed they're the only ones putting real quality RPGs in the store and being able to price them so high, I hope that doesnt signal them to lower the quality too much, that'd be sad.

Also really looking forward CR Omega's Storyline, the original was awesome.

9. soulsearcher

soulsearcher Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    probably can wait for price drop before buying it...

i d prefer to 1 shot get all the update and defeat all optional bosses rather than waiting monthly ...

10. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Screw that, it's all about badass gameplay!

11. Khamous

Aug 15, 2009
    SE games have a rep of not really going on sale, mostly they only go when they release a new game, and even then is not that big of discount.

12. soulsearcher

Sep 8, 2010
    yes.... but i dun feel like spending money on over inflated price.

13. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #33 Ayjona, May 18, 2011
    Last edited: May 18, 2011
    My only complaint would probably be that the game is so durned well worth the money, that other devs will find similar price points viable ;) (Which, in the end, could be a great thing for iOS gaming.)

Hell, and I don't even like FF-style RPGs. Canna stand them. And yet, I find the original Chaos Rings a very polished and complete iOS experience...

14. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I didn't play much of Chaos Rings... in fact I barely remember it, yet I still feel inclined to give this one a shot. I guess it's just the prospect of anything looking remotely like Final Fantasy being so exciting.

Cry here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=52534

15. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    I seem to remember the first CR had to have a pricing thread created for the whiners. Let's not repeat that, shall we? I'm not surprised in the least that there have been ZERO impressions, as there almost never are on these NZ threads, but the anticipation is great on my end. Even though I'm not expecting much different than CR with a different story, that's enough. I think (and based on comments I've seen some others agree) that CR is the best original iOS RPG by far. It really keeps the feel of a premium Square Enix product, but tailored specifically to these devices. I will be getting this at 11:00 sharp (hopefully), along with some others. This is the best Wednesday release/update day in a long time, IMO.

16. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Opposite for me, as I usually trod off in the opposite direction of anything FF-related. Yet, the original Chaos Rings was surprisingly entertaining (more thanks to the story/surrealistic setting than to the repetitive battles). I enjoyed it far more than I've ever enjoyed a FF title ;)

17. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Got 'em coach! Very nice post. Funny thing is that the original CR stayed at the top spot for weeks before falling out of the top 10. Doesn't matter how many people complain about SE's titles. They're always going to sell, no matter what platform it is.

18. soulsearcher

Sep 8, 2010
    lol...im not saying it's expensive

but the content should be different from the Chaos Rings

the skills and the monsters are still the same

which means no evolution taken place for 10,000 years in the ark

just hoping for new things instead of those monsters and skills used repeatedly in the previous

adventures with the different couples

19. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    you havent played it

you have no idea what you're talking about

you're basing this off of a series of screenshots

it makes you sound ignorant

kinda like a troll...

20. ~~EpiC~~

~~EpiC~~ Member

May 11, 2011
    Man, I don't know if I want to buy this or not. I'm really interested in the new story, but it doesn't look like much has been updated at all. The places with the puzzles look exactly the same... The monsters are exactly the same (looks like the bosses are new). The skills are exactly the same. I agree that from a business perspective it is a genius move though.

I also agree that this is the only real RPG on the market. And the voice acting does sound nice. If it was only priced a little more generously I wouldn't hesitate.

What does everyone else think?