Universal Chaos Reborn: Adventures (by Big Blue Bubble)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    yeah, hard choice!

i guess could help you the requested space for install that is 3,5gb for XCOM and about 800mb for Chaos.

2. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    So....now I discovered what those ‘days’ in the single player campaign mean :p

3. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    They are different games but the core gameplay is more similar than people say imho.
    I have both on iOS but I prefer Chaos Reborn much more (I know, controversial opinion).
    Xcon is way more polished, has voiced cutscenes and all the triple A bells and whistles.
    Chaos Reborn is not, has written text for the story (intro is a little book that no one on iPhone will read) and while it’s really nice looking (and I prefer the mood and style much more than the XCOM one) sometimes the UI is a bit clunky (shops mostly, and the custom async games menu is not the most intuitive).

Said that, I hate the base building sessions in XCOM with a passion (while I love the combat sequences), so YMMV.

Chaos Reborn is several games in one.
    The solo campaign, the async, the live duels, etc....
    I like a lot card games too, deck building and I always appreciate a dose of RNG in these kind of games (so Chaos mode is PREFECT for my tastes)....just to give you a better perspective.
    Despite the complexity you can have a full skirmish in few minutes, so the game is really suited to mobile (but I warn you....you will end up playing for hours straight).

I really wish they will solve the guest login thing (even more than the native notifications)....they are my only con about the game.

I know not super useful but....both games are worthy.

4. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    @shadowhawkx
    I was actually going to write a whole bunch a stuff about the two games but thankfully Pitta already just said most of it.
    It is very hard to answer "what game is better for me " type questions. We are all just ourselves. We all like/dislike different stuff. ;)

Probably what is needed to have any influence on your decision is to tell us what are your major likes/dislikes in a game.
    Pitta mentioned one of my main dislikes, "I hate the base building sessions in XCOM with a passion", but you might love that aspect of a game.

I for instance also have a major bias against the current iOS UFO because I bought the original on iOS and it was removed/replaced by UFO Enemy Within, and I was required to make another purchase. No way! So I have no experience with it and would not recommend the iOS version because of that. But see...it may well be a game you would enjoy anyway.

And shadowhawkx you mentioned Rome: Total War. Well, I just did not like that game at all, whereas I played the pc version of UFO: Enemy Unknown for over 50 hours.

But I digress..............
    This game is simply a tactical turn based combat game with rpg tendencies. Two modes, ones uses RNG to play, the other uses conventional stats and number crunching. The graphics are brilliant, using a large iPad Pro. There is a lot to learn in its complexity, but there is a excellent tutorial and ingame information base to help.

I don't know how long the single player game is as I have not yet finished, but googling tells me there is about 30 hours. Multiplayer I cannot comment on as it is somewhat broken atm.

If you like turn based tactical combat games that require some brain matter then yes, I can certainly recommend this one.
    As for UFO....well shut up me :p

5. AltsKev

AltsKev Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    i am looking for some people who want team up.

My player name : Alts

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  6. tensider

tensider Member

Oct 22, 2014
    Regarding multi-creature spells -- You have to select each hex where the X number of creatures will be placed. THEN you do the cast. It should give you a 1,2,3 etc. as you place each instance. That does mean that you may not have the casting space to do the full complement.

7. Unordinary

Unordinary Well-Known Member

May 15, 2018
    Amsterdam
    Is the online section down for anybody else, because i tried all weekend and today, even reinstalled the app and lost all campaign progress but i still get either a red time out/print queue full/object reference not set to an instant of an object message when pressing online multiplayer

8. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Just tried and it’s the same here in Aussie.

9. SuperNintendoC

Nov 16, 2017
  10. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Hu
    Hi!
    Glad to see here!!!

Is there any plan to make the login NOT guest and adding native iOS notifications?
    The game is great but those two things really hamper the game.

The first one (guest login) makes every device different so if you own, let’s say, an iPhone and an iPad you can’t sync (you are actually two different online users, even if you use the same online game, which is super confusing).

The second one really hampers the online game. You never know when it’s your turn, you must open the game and check, which is pretty sad for an async game.

Despite loving the game, me and my friends don’t play it async because of that (a real shame, the game is really great in async).

I submitted both the issues long ago, but I never got an answer besides the polite ‘I’ll warn the team’.

So....is there any plan to update the game with those features?

Many thanks!!!!

11. SuperNintendoC

Nov 16, 2017
    @Pitta we expect the update with those features to come out in 2019, sorry that I don't have an exact date for you.

12. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Thanks for the great news!!!
    I’m happy just to know those are planned, looking forward to them!!!

13. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Thanks for the sale. I’ve had this on my Wishlist since release, mostly due to a bit of backlog but was no less keen. Boughted now!

SuperNintendoC likes this.
  14. alphaonethree

alphaonethree Member

Jan 31, 2020
    Male
    I'm currently holding back from purchasing this game due to, let's just say higher than normal price. However my other concern is that this game hasn't been updated since 2018. Just worried that like many other fine games, this game will be pulled out from appstore in the near future. With that in mind, what do you guys think? Should I just hit the buy button?

15. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Great game, zero support.
    Multiplayer has no notifications, they said they would add it about 14 months ago or something, I doubt it will be added.
    Buy for single player or caveat emptor

stubbieoz likes this.