Changing itunes account

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Hell_Gamer98, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Hell_Gamer98

Hell_Gamer98 Well-Known Member

Hello everyone, I have a problem and maybe you guys could help me.
    1. When I create a new store account, can I port all the apps from my old account to the new?
    2.Can I create an account without itunes asking me to delete all my music, photos, apps etc. from my ipotch?

Would be nice if you guys could help me.
    Hope my questions are understandable, my english isn't that good.

2. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    1. I don't think so (but I'm not 100% sure).

2. I think so. For a while, I've used two accounts at the same time (both accounts had music and games, and I could play all of it).

However, using two accounts at the same time will break the ability of updating apps from your device. Also, it will really mess up app updates on your PC. (You need to have at least 1 update in your new account in order to see updates on apps on your older account). That's what I experienced.

3. RedStaR

RedStaR Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Here is what you need to do.

Each idevice can harbor content from five different accounts at once. Each account can have five machines authorize transfer purchases or hold content

If you change your account you can transfer purchases from each account, usually a prompt will pop up asking you to authorize thetransfer purchases for the new account to said machine.

To authorize just put in that accounts password.

Remember this!!!! The account you have accessed or open in iTunes is the one the device will synch to, so if you want your device synched to a different account....open it and synch.

This is a great bypass if your low on funds, or your itunes account is overdue and the next hyped game comes out.

You simply create a new account, then download new content.

All accounts and apps can be transfered between machines and devices just remember your passwords and authorize.

If you have ten accounts like myself then it helps to have a list of each account username (email address) and it's corrosponding password. And like I always says read the prompts!!!!!

4. RedStaR

RedStaR Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    there is a promt to consolidate all apps and content from multiple accounts to the current one in use however I've only seen the promt when synching between my pc and mac, and I've always declined to due so.

Updates can still be seen but you would have to check updates for each account by opening that account and checking foe the updates. The device will check for updates accourding to what current account it is synched to.

5. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Why do you have 10 accounts?...I can see 2 or 3, but 10?

6. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    The thing is - for me this got messed up. Probably because my accounts were for different countries.

I could sign into my old, main account, but when I checked for updates it simply said there were none. But the moment I got one update on my other account, I would also be able to see the 16 updates on my other account!
    And on my device, updates simply never showed up.

7. Hell_Gamer98

Hell_Gamer98 Well-Known Member

Thank you guys for your answers:) I'll try it out if I have enough time!