iPad Chance at Promo Codes for Taxiball?!?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by selfawaregames, Jul 5, 2009.

1. selfawaregames

selfawaregames Well-Known Member

May 20, 2009
    Making games. Really, did you have to ask?
    Redwood City, CA
    Alright - here's the deal:

If Taxiball gains X followers, I'll give away Y promo codes:

50 followers, 1 code
    100 followers, 3 codes
    200 followers, 5 codes
    300 followers, 10 codes

If you want to be eligible for a code, tweet something with @taxiball and #toucharcade. I'll randomly select users (as soon as the threshold has been crossed) from the eligible tweets.

Right now, we're at 46 followers, so the first free code's gonna pop up soon!

So to sum up, follow Taxiball on Twitter, then post @taxiball & #toucharcade to be eligible for a free code. And the more followers, the more codes will be available!

Good luck!
    seppo

2. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I paid for the game, and I have no affiliation to the developers, but I gotta tell you if you like accelerometer controlled games, this is one of the best!

3. brttrx

brttrx Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Done, done and done. :D

4. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Promo code or no promo code, Please always attach some pics of the game/app and along with an iTunes link. Some people (like me) could be really lazy and dont even take a look at the app unless they get a promo code. But if you have those details right away, you might be able to convince a few to try out your app. Just an advice. Rest is up to you.:)

5. selfawaregames

May 20, 2009
    Redwood City, CA
    That makes a lot of sense, ImNoSuperMan... Here's an iTunes link:

Taxiball,

and a screenshot:

[​IMG]

...and I'll go you one better, and give you an Instructable on how we designed our game's audio:

Instructable

How's that for ya?

Cheers!
    seppo

6. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    Clever way of giving out codes. I got this since day one and enjoyed it alot :)

7. I already have the game, and already reviewed it, but following anyway, because I realized I wasn't already.

8. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Nice contest. I like developers that make people work for their codes :) I'm following and tweet has been sent. The game looks pretty cool, by the way. Even if I don't win a code out of this the game is on my list, so I should end up getting it someday regardless.

9. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    ok done that :)

10. Combzzz

Combzzz Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2009
    now following :D

11. lvillalt99

lvillalt99 Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Fingers crossed...

12. lvillalt99

Apr 13, 2009
    Thanks so much! Will be reviewing the full version shortly (currently away from my iDevice).

Congrats on a fun game, and a fun manner of distributing the Promos.

13. selfawaregames

May 20, 2009
    Redwood City, CA
    Hope you have a good time with it! For those who've not been following on Twitter, in addition to the "more followers = more codes" giveaway, we're also having daily "challenges" which result in a free code. Today, if you tweet @Taxiball why you're interested in the game, you'll be eligible for a free code at midnight tonight! (or the morning, if I happen to fall asleep early...)

seppo

14. Lombardo

Lombardo Well-Known Member

I hate twitter

15. pharmx

pharmx Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    i'm always too late for these, hehe

16. selfawaregames

May 20, 2009
    Redwood City, CA
    You're not too late to win yet!

We'll be having daily giveaways, and there's still the "add followers to unlock codes" aspect of it going on. We're at 90 followers now, so only 10 more to go, and two more codes will be given away!

seppo

17. RagerX

RagerX Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    I just got the free version and it's fun. I've played the nOObsville level a few times. I think the tilt controls (including calibration) are perfect for this game.

18. Froggyboby

Froggyboby Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Missouri
    I love this game the controls are great and there are plenty of cities to play through. I also enjoy the classic lemonade tycoon styled graphics and the custom soundtrack.
    This game is a must buy and if you are skeptical at least download the free version and give it a chance

19. lvillalt99

Apr 13, 2009
    Well. About suggestions for the game. Right now it is so fleshed-out and solid that I feel it is just perfect. Everything from the art design, sound and music, the achievement pop-ups, the social networking goodies, seems spot on to me.

I've mentioned on my review how it is eminently playable on my slow 1G touch on 3.0; so any suggestions from me would attempt to not overturn that fragile balance.

The one thing I've been thinking is something like "correspondence checkers" to enable multiplayer. I guess Bluetooth or online multiplayer would work, but obviously not on my iDevice... So my idea was more around the concept of selecting one of the "friends" on the game, and try to beat them fare by fare on a level. Is the person agrees to share that info with me, I would get a message (sort of like the achievement messages) that would tell me how far ahead or behind them I am as far as time remaining, earnings, etc., after I drop each passenger.

Once again, thanks for the promo, and the fun way of distributing them. And thanks again for a job well done. I got my device before the SDK was out, banking that there would be apps, little did I know that all this fun would be available...

20. selfawaregames

May 20, 2009
    Redwood City, CA
    In a similar vein, one thing that we're looking to add in a future update is the ability to "taunt" your friends with a single click. So, if you post an awesome high score, you can basically tell your friends that you've owned them really quickly.

While the iPhone has the ability to send typed messages, I find the keyboard experience unpleasant enough (the keyboard takes time to load, and I can't type fast enough that it's not intrusive to the game) that I keep wanting to have shortcuts for communication. You'll see that for sure in our upcoming game, and we hope to add that back in to Taxiball once we've gotten some experience with it under our belt. :)

Good suggestion, though - definitely in line with what we've been thinking. Glad you're enjoying the game!

seppo