Universal Chain Quest (Maximilian Optiz)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sugimulm, Dec 21, 2015.

1. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Working fine without GC for me.

2. aDevBat

aDevBat Member

Dec 22, 2015
    DevBats Programmer
    Krefeld, Germany
    Hi forsakenxe,

you can actually play it on an the iPad (iOS 8.0+) but it will use the built-in iPhone compatibility mode.
    In other words, you can play the iPhone version of the game on the iPad if you so desire.
    We did not deploy a version specifically for the iPad.

No clue what that means for TA's tags though.

Cheers,
    Adam

3. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013
    Does this mean if I play it on my iPad I have to hit 2x and have it look bad?

4. aDevBat

aDevBat Member

Dec 22, 2015
    DevBats Programmer
    Krefeld, Germany
    If by bad you mean upscaled then yes.
    The graphics are not as crisp as on the iPhones but it does still look good (imho).

Anyone here tried it on both the iPhone and the iPad and willing to share the experience with us?
    (I have, but I don't count ^^)

Cheers,
    Adam

5. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Oh, ok. That's a pity. I exclusively play on my iPad :/.

Any plans for native iPad support in the future?

6. caseyhicks6

caseyhicks6 Member

Dec 16, 2015
    #26 caseyhicks6, Dec 30, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
    I got this game out of boredom after seeing a few initial reviews, and I must say I'm very satisfied. It is a much different type game and requires more strategy and planning than I expected!

7. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    #27 Pagan Fox, Dec 30, 2015
    Sold.
    Downloading now.

Edit:- Been playing for the last hour and really enjoying it. A lot of depth to this game. Especially like the pets and the layer of strategy that they bring as well as the different skills.
    The thing that scared me most is the moving wall.....that really limits your gameplay and sends you into panic mode.

8. aDevBat

aDevBat Member

Dec 22, 2015
    DevBats Programmer
    Krefeld, Germany
    Hi forsakenxe and Pagan Fox,

No promises, we do have plans but they are still a ways off.

:) You should try the stag companion then, it is more defensive than the others.

Cheers,
    Adam

9. Fruityth1ng

Fruityth1ng Active Member

Jan 18, 2013
    #29 Fruityth1ng, Dec 30, 2015
    Looking good, would appreciate iPad support.

Looking great!
    Instant buy.

I have some requests:
    • I try to play games on my iPad (pro) only, as such I'd really appreciate a universal version.
    • In Multiplayer, could you darken the non-turn player part of the screen a bit? I like that you'r able to look at the "other side" but for clarity's sake I'd darken it a bit. (It would also help to visually emphasise that only the bottom chain is draggable, not the playing field).
    • Dungeon Raid (Worthy inspiration, I'd say ;) darkens all non-matcheable tiles while dragging, this really increases usability.
    • I would like a faster "completed match" animation, a bit snappier, say 0.2 seconds? (0.3? I don't know what it is now, but it's taking it's time).
    • I think all the animations (fade over of the info sheet on the character, moving of the question marks, etc.) could do with more speed.
    • More particles! :) <3

Keep up the good work! :)
    Thank you.

10. aDevBat

aDevBat Member

Dec 22, 2015
    DevBats Programmer
    Krefeld, Germany
    Hi Fruityth1ng,

No promises, we are busy coding many other improvements, but it's on the list ;)

I'll see what I can do.

Unlikely, we really like the player having to pay attention rather than just collect the longest chains.

We agree, many animations could be sped up. On the list already ^^

Can never have enough particles ;)

Thanks! We'll do our best :)

Cheers,
    Adam

11. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    I like this game!!

I liked Dungeon Raid but that will never continue development

and this game's original gimmick made me fell funny

and good translate
    I'm a Japanese so I notice some wrong words in the game
    but it doesn't matter

thank you for creating great game
    I will support you

12. Scar006

Scar006 Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Great little gem.

Definitely worth it, the progression is steady and losing doesn't feel frustrating (yet ;) )

One thing which haven't been mentioned for improvement is the skills visuals. All of them look the same although they have different effects.

It would be great if each spell had its own icon, just keep it color themed to distinguish the yellow, blue, pink and red ones easily.

Another part which is a little sad is that collecting companion runes has no additional effect once the last level companion has been unlocked. Some special skill which would get charged up like the spells would be neat to keep those runes interesting to collect rather than just beeing a waste of your turn.

One thing which is really hard to do us to get a diagonal link, any chance to improve the diagonal detection?

Don't get me wrong it's a great game! Just a few comments on what my impressions are up to now ^^

13. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013
    I put this on my watch list but will wait for the iPad support cause I don't use my phone for games.

14. shakingsheep

shakingsheep Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Director, Graphic Designer and Animator.
    Hong Kong
    I like the art style,
    gameplay is looking good as well,
    don't really understand how the whole system work by only watching the video,
    but it looks fun to me ! Great job!

15. #36 AppUnwrapper, Dec 31, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
    I think the AI could use a little work? It often takes two turns to do what it could have done in one. Besides the waiting, I think that's what's keeping me from loving this game -- the AI feels dumbed down.

Edit: I'm also not seeing the benefit of upgrading defense/resistance over just HP. Is there any?

16. aDevBat

aDevBat Member

Dec 22, 2015
    DevBats Programmer
    Krefeld, Germany
    Hi all,

great feedback so far! :)
    I have jotted down a few things on our to-do list.

Yes! We are aware of it being a little bit tricky sometimes, working on it :)

The AI does get smarter the further you get, do you still feel it being dumbed down at lvl 10 and higher?

You cannot get back HP (except with the vampire bat). Defense/Resistance on the other hand can be replenished.
    Most of the time you will want to pick a max value you are comfortable with (I like 10 def/res on most of my characters).
    E.g. If you pick up shields and are already at max defense those shields will not be added.

There are skills which benefit from a higher max though, try experimenting with those! :)

We are working hard on an update, until then keep it coming! :D

Cheers,
    Adam

17. kennfusion

kennfusion Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 2, 2008
    Brooklyn, New York
    Really enjoying this so far.

My only request is that the game needs more "old people support".

All of the text is so small, my old eyes cannot read almost anything without my reading glasses (and I don't usually have them with me). I cannot even see what the health is for me and the opponent, and trying to read skill descriptions is hard. Since those are pop-ups when you hit the question mark, just making them bigger would be a big help.

thanks

18. aDevBat

aDevBat Member

Dec 22, 2015
    DevBats Programmer
    Krefeld, Germany
    Hi kennfusion,

Generally we agree, which device do you use specifically?

Cheers,
    Adam

19. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    Me too, I need an iPad version!;):)
    Plz...