Universal Chain Chronicle - Line Defense RPG (By gumi Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by DeMoNiCxTuToR, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Yay another card battler, just what the industry needs!! :eek:

2. defunct32

defunct32 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2013
    Finally available worldwide! And wow, for a free game it's really good!

Did anyone else download the extra data files in the update section? What exactly does it do?

3. noah0706

noah0706 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    Add me! Friend ID:176296824 :D

4. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Overworked Graphic Designer :)
    Still trying to figure out how I feel about this one.

In terms of "cosmetics," it's pretty decent. Looks good enough, plays well enough, has a 'gotta catch 'em all' aspect in that even the Common heroes have their own quests (and many have several different quests if you level them up high enough).

But in terms of playing the game, there's not much variety. Story, monsters show up, and it's the exact same five waves of skeletons or goblins in the exact same pattern that you've fought in the last five quests or sub-quests, with the occasional dragon thrown in as the end boss for variety.

Kinda ends up feeling like a visual novel (with most characters only having a single pose) where the combat is just there as an afterthought.

5. Boobi

Boobi Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Earning money
    BC, Canada
    Played it for 3 days now. Relatively okay, it playes its self. You have timers, upgrade units by smashing them. There is fights but they can be "Auto" finished. Not sure has not hooked me yet. Will see.

6. defunct32

defunct32 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2013
    It gets boring after a while. Got me hooked at first though.

7. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Add me guys 192047102

8. Koishi

Koishi Member

Dec 13, 2014
    This one is actually good one though. Good story and no forced auto battle combat. Lots of characters to collect/level up.

9. I have played the japanese version for half year. I can say the game is great for its story and character models, and also the character voices. But truely the gameplay lacks variety in terms of tactic. You will find yourself keep doing the exact same thing for half year. Other than this, the game worths trying.

10. CT Eon

CT Eon Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2012
    Melbourne
    Quick question then if I may is the japanese version just as bad on the energy regen rate or is that just us?...I personally don't mind the repetition so much seeing as how its more a time kill than anything which is also similar to most other freemium game out there anyway...Whilst I wish there were more strategy involved further down the track but at the end of the day its a freemium game which usually tends to skirt all the difficult mechanics anyway in favour of easy to access gameplay

11. Shirika

Shirika Well-Known Member

Game have been updated with HD Retina graphics + new story chapter

12. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Surprisingly, I'm still playing this. The actual gameplay is entertaining enough. I like the story and the cast of characters. Most of the characters have a lot of personalities.

I'm currently stuck on chapter 7-4 (need new strategy, different characters or level up some more characters).

Overall, one of the games I'm still playing months after it came out. Fun stuff.

13. IzumiNowa

IzumiNowa Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 31, 2015
    Unemployed/part-time job
  14. SuyinRei

SuyinRei Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2015
    Game is closing next month~

15. nenastya

nenastya Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2014